PDA

View Full Version : MGM Question....

Superzeus84
04-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Hello, My Girlfriend and I are going to MGM on a Monday. First off is this a good day to go? And what should be the first couple rides that we go on?

Superzeus84
04-19-2009, 10:35 PM
SHoot I always call it MGM, I meant DHS

CaptSmee
04-19-2009, 10:41 PM
It's a good day to get there early. Tradionatlly Mon is EMH's in the pm at DHS, it will become increasingly crowded through the day. If you want to ride Toy Story Mania I would start there first. After that, Tower of Terror & Rockin Rollercoaster if thrill rides are your bag. After that the Great Movie Ride, Muppetvision, Star Tours, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Indiana Jones Stuntspectacular get my recommendation for 1st timers. Have fun! :mickey:

marylynne95
04-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Toy Story Mania and Rockin Roller Coaster are my two favorites at that park. You really can't go wrong with anything from that park. :mickey:

dmosher
04-20-2009, 01:31 AM
Honestly,. it depends on what you like. If your a show person, there are plenty of cool shows (Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast). If you like your rides fast and furious there are a few to choose from (Rockin' Roller Coast, Tower of Terror). Lastly if you like a nice easy pace and love to just chill there is lots of that as well (Backlot Tour, Muppets 3D, Toy Story Mania). There are so many tastes to cater to and DHS does a pretty good job and I didn't' even mention the food options and they shopping! Book a table at Sci-Fi Drive in or 50's Prime Time. Both are fun a and really encompass the themeing of DHS.
On a side note, get into the park early (if you can) and get a fast pass for Toy Story Mania, then if the wait is not too long, go on it. You will no doubt want to do it again and the line will be to long when you come back. The fast pass will help. Then hit the other rides and return at your scheduled time. trust me, this is a must!
:pipes:
D

AmandaChan
04-20-2009, 01:43 AM
We always read in books that it's best to go to any park other than MK on a Monday. Families arriving on Monday tend to want to go to MK first because it is the most popular and therefore more crowded.

Rhetoric2000
04-20-2009, 08:36 AM
I think it's a pretty good day for visiting.

FPing Toy Story Mania is a must first thing if you're going to want to go in it.

Then check out the TOT, getting your FP for RnRC when your Toy Story pass comes into play.

Otherwise enjoy the street performances and make sure you do the Animation Academy at least once: two things often overlooked by people who claim there isn't enough to do at the studios.

Giggy
04-20-2009, 12:41 PM
The book I have has DHS down as light crowds on Mondays, Epcot has average crowds while Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are busy. this is the 2004 version however so that could have changed.

We haven't been since they opened Toy Story Mania so for us the first two rides were Tower of Terror, then Rock n Rollercoaster. However Waits for Toy Story Mania are massive at the moment and fast passes have been known to sell out by lunch time on a busy day. So if you want to go there your best bet is to go straight away before the queues uild up too much.