PDA

View Full Version : First Resort Trip,Staying at Coronado.

Superzeus84
04-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Hello to everyone, this is my first post and I have a few questions.

My Girlfriend and I are going to WDW In a few weeks(My first Trip to Disney!) and are staying at Coronado.

I was wondering if anyone had any Tips or ideas for requests that we should make. If you have any other tips for us it would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to talking to all of you.

KatMark
04-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Hello to everyone, this is my first post and I have a few questions.

My Girlfriend and I are going to WDW In a few weeks(My first Trip to Disney!) and are staying at Coronado.

I was wondering if anyone had any Tips or ideas for requests that we should make. If you have any other tips for us it would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to talking to all of you.

First, welcome. And second, congratulations on picking the Coronado. It is our favorite resort. We have stayed seven times and have trip number eight booked this fall. There are three different sections: Casitas, Ranchos and Cabanas. As of now, all of the Cabanas have been rehabbed; part of the Ranchos and part of the Casitas. The rehab includes queen beds, new furniture, sliding doors between bedroom and bathroom, new flat screen televisions, carpet and drapes. There are 50 rooms that still have the old full beds because they are being converted to a king bed.

Personally, DH and I favor the Casitas (specificially building 4 or 5) as they are near the fitness center/spa (I always get a massage) and the quiet pool. The Casitas have beautiful courtyards with fountains which are very pretty during the day and simply stunning in the evening.

Be sure to check out the new Rix Lounge--a nightclub.

The resort is very spread out, but it is also very quiet and serene.

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask and I'll try to answer.

AllDisney
04-19-2009, 10:48 PM
We have stayed at the Coronado before & loved it. We stayed at the Casitas section.

The resort is very pretty and walking around the resort at night is very romantic.

You won't be disappointed:thumbsup:

sassy2000
04-19-2009, 10:54 PM
We also loved our stay at Coronado Springs. We stayed in Cabana section which is close to the main pool area and pretty close to the food court and lobby. You should love the resort as it has a very romantic feel to it.
One quick tip regarding dining. If you plan on eating at any table service restaurants make sure you call now to get reservations if you haven't already. Have fun. Disney is a blast! :mickey:

marylynne95
04-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Stayed there for the first time October 2008 for only two nights and loved it!! Thinking of staying there in December 2009, however I am still figuring out details for that trip :cloud9:

dmosher
04-20-2009, 02:07 AM
My best friend and I used to stay at this report all the time. SInce I got married and joined the DVC, I have not been to the Coronado in some time, but it is still one of my all time favorite places to stay on property. It is quiet, peaceful, relaxing and stunning as the sun goes down.

Stay by the third bus stop if possible as well. This is particularly nice first thing in the morning. After you eat breakfast at the resort (which I HIGHLY recommend), walk back to your room (a very short walk), grab your stuff and had to the bus stop (another very short walk). This is the last stop for the bus and it will then take you to your destination (no waiting at each stop). If you catch it at the lobby/near the lobby, you will have to circle the resort before being on your way. This bus stop is much faster. Once you return, get off at the lobby and walk the (fore mentioned short walk) past the pool and to your room. It is a great way to get around and saves you sitting on the bus for extended amounts of time.
Hope that helps.
:pipes:
D

ChewyStriker
04-20-2009, 09:12 AM
We're gearing up for our first stay at this resort too in just over 4 weeks. So excited!:D

I'll be traveling with my son, who will be turning 4 on our trip. I chose Coronado because I love the tropical look of sections of the resort. While I would have loved to try the Poly, it's simply not in our budget.

I'm hoping that after a fun day at the parks, we'll have a relaxing resort atmosphere to return to. The room refurb photos I've seen look amazing, too.:thumbsup:

Diznee4Me
04-20-2009, 09:42 AM
We love Coronado and have stayed there the last seven years. Beautiful resort.

We usually stay in the Cabana area, near the main pool and closest to bus stop 4.

The food court is great with a lot to choose from, the staff has always been friendly and helpful, and the theming is so peaceful.

I hope you love it and find it as tranquil and nice as we do.

buzz2001
04-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Have a great trip! I send you a PM.

Tigerinvestigator
04-20-2009, 11:27 AM
We'll be at Coronado the week of May 24. CSR is my DW's favorite resort. :thumbsup:

dancin Disney style
04-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Last time we stayed in the Casitas. It was really nice but in future I would ask for the Cabanas. The Cabanas are between the theme pool and the main building (food court). The Pepper Market is the best food court on WDW property, IMO. They have a little bit of everything.

BluewaterBrad
04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
We have stayed there only once, but really loved it! We will stay there when we do our food and Wine trip in Oct. Really cool resort......we stayed in the back buildings, but we also dont mind walking. They also have internal golf carts that CMs will pick you up and drive you around. Great when you have 2:beer:!:mickey:

kathiep
04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
We love this resort. Everytime we've been there, it's been peaceful and quiet. The main pool is fantastic. We enjoy staying in the Ranchos. We like the southwestern feel and it gives us the opportunity to walk around the grounds as we go to the main building. We really love the landscaping here and the views are especially pretty at night.