PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey...

TeamJonasSister
04-19-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm confused about something. I know they do not sell pal Mickey anymore but then here is the confusing part, on the Disney website it says that pal Mickey works on the new ride American Idol Experince. How would that work? I have a pal mickey, so will he work for that?
He is from 2007. Will he automaticly work for the new rides?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Your Pal Mickey will only work on the rides that were in existance at his "birth". Anything else that came after won't be recognized by him.

Imagineer1981
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Actually you Pal Mickey gets downloads from the parks when you enter them. I believe you can also take him to any store that sold Pal Mickey and have him get an "update"

handmaidenofprincesses
04-20-2009, 09:04 PM
The question is, can I take a broken Pal Mickey someplace and get him fixed? I never even got to use mine in the parks before he stopped working! $60 down the drain...:(

Mileyfan1#
04-23-2009, 01:23 PM
The question is, can I take a broken Pal Mickey someplace and get him fixed? I never even got to use mine in the parks before he stopped working! $60 down the drain...:(

I hope so to........:cool:

GrumpyFan
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM

You might try contacting guest services and see anything can be done to revive him. Send an email to: [email protected]

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-23-2009, 09:45 PM
I had a hard time getting mine fixed when I was there last year so they gave me a new one. I don't know if they have any more laying around to do that for any other problems.

And I'm 100% positive that he will NOT recognize any rides that weren't in existance when he was born. He will update for parades, fireworks etc. But NOT rides.

handmaidenofprincesses
04-24-2009, 08:09 AM
You might try contacting guest services and see anything can be done to revive him. Send an email to: [email protected]

I never even thought to do that! I just sent them an e-mail, so we'll see what they say. I doubt they'll be able to do anything for me, but it's worth a shot.

It's weird, when I changed my Pal Mickey's batteries to see if that was his problem, he started making this strange hiccupping sound... It was obnoxious actually.. Oh well. Maybe Guest services will know what to do!

MickeyandTink
04-26-2009, 01:52 AM
We had problems with our Pal Mickey on occassion. The first thing we do is check the batteries to make sure they're not low or dead. If they are ok, then we unplug the cable that connects the control in the head to the battery pack. After letting it sit umplugged for a minute or so, we plug it back in. That's always fixed it for us.

Good luck!