PDA

View Full Version : Which would you pick?

lulu'smom
04-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Right now I have the Pop booked for one night, followed by 3 nights at the Dolphin. But I'm wondering if I should change to 2 nights Pop, and 2 nights Contemporary. We will be at Disney World over the 4th, and I am concerned that using the busses to get around will be a nightmare! Do the monorails run any better when the parks are full? Would we be better off staying at a monorail resort for part of the time? I am most concerned about the last 2 nights of my stay, which will be July 3 and 4. Those are the dates I would switch to the Contemporary, if I switch. Thanks so much for your input!

PetefromRI
04-19-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm liking the idea of a monorail resort but the Dolphin has a great pool area and it's close to DHS and Epcot.Interesting question.I think especially for a short stay I'd just stay in 1 resort for the whole stay.

grumpydude
04-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Mono-rail resorts always win. No busses, no brainer!:thumbsup:

DisneyGiant
04-19-2009, 06:57 PM
If money is not a problem - 2 nights Contemporary, 2 nights Pop.

Then again - if you're going to spend a lot of time at Epcot - you might want the Dolphin,....

Good luck with your choice!

ShanPooh
04-19-2009, 11:39 PM
We stayed in the Dolphin one night a couple years ago. Our room smelled musty and gave me a sinus headache. Sharing buses with all of the other Epcot resorts - which happened a couple times, was a pain.
Besides, I'd pick Contemporary for easy monorail transport to MK and Epcot.
Have a fun vacation!!!

2Epcot
04-19-2009, 11:44 PM
I agree with being on the monorail line. Having split resorts on many trips I try to avoid only a single night any place. I do at least two nights to not feel like I'm hoping around so much.

dmosher
04-20-2009, 01:12 AM
This is a tough one because I do not like POP at all. Therefore, I picked one night in POP. That being said, I am not a huge fan of the Dolphin either, so I would skip that too. Sorry not much of a help, I'm sure.
:pipes:
D

AmandaChan
04-20-2009, 01:45 AM
If you are going to be staying in two resorts why not stay in one for more than one night. I would think that it'd be a pain in butt to stay in a resort only one night then go to another. Plus I read that Contemporary is better anyways!

animalkingdomguy
04-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Close to MK and on a monrail line. Easy pick.

ThanxForNoticin
04-20-2009, 12:05 PM
I think it depends on how you are planning to spend those last couple days. There are 'location' advantages to both CR and Dolphin. If you are planning so spend more time at MK and EPCOT, then the CR location is better. If you'll spend more time at EPCOT and DHS, then Dolphin is better. From CR, you can easily walk to MK or take a pair of monorails to EPCOT. You can also take the monorail to MK. From Dolphin, you can easily walk or take a boat to either EPCOT or DHS.

Personally, we would probably stay at CR, but I would not hesitate to stay at Dolphin either. The resort has a very nice pool, some very good restaurants, and a very good location near the Boardwalk, DHS, and EPCOT. Good luck with your decision.

dancin Disney style
04-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I was there last year through the 4th weekend and let me tell you it's crowded beyond crowded.

If your intention is to be in MK on that weekend then you need, need, need to be at a monorail resort. Did I say need? The traffic is at a total crawl. We planned to go and watch the 4th fireworks from the POLY and we left POP 1.5 hours before they were scheduled. We didn't even get to the parking plaza until after the fireworks were over. When we arrived at POLY we decided to turn around and go back to POP. It took another 2 hours.

DANAM
04-20-2009, 03:03 PM
My Mom stayed at CR last year during the 4th and she had no problems getting around.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
04-20-2009, 05:44 PM
:mickey: Do you plan to be at the Magic Kingdom on the 4th? Is that a must do for you? We have done the 4th several times and we will no longer go to the MK. Just to many people and it becomes to crowded to be any fun. Although the fireworks are wonderful. Epcot has a great fireworks display in addition to the normal evening show. (following the regular show) It is much less crowded and if you are staying at the Dolpin you can just relax on a bench till the crowd clears and take a nice quiet walk back to your hotel.
28 WDW vacations (just got back yesterday from #28)

lulu'smom
04-20-2009, 06:06 PM
We plan on going to the Magic Kingdom on the 3rd, and Epcot on the 4th and 5th. So we are spending a lot of time at Epcot. But we plan on spending the whole of the 3rd at MK, hopefully arriving for rope-drop. Which I know would be much easier from a monorail resort.

Mousemates
04-20-2009, 09:51 PM
To me that would not be as easy a choice if you had said Swan (with queen beds) instead of the Dolphin. Becasue those resorts are super convenient (actually its walkable) to not just one park but two. The big plus of the CR is iconic monorail and the views of either the theme park or bay lake and the water parade. to me the rooms at the Swan and CR are comparable (CR is a little nicer with a better bathroom configuration). but in the end I would pick CR (in the tower) for two nights over three at the dolphin.

lawgirl
04-20-2009, 11:39 PM
It seems like it would be alot less hectic to stay at one resort...is there a way to do Dolphin for whole trip?

IamBelle
04-21-2009, 07:05 AM
POP is a great hotel, and I think two days there is better than one. Also, the Contemporary is really close to everything!

RAIDER
04-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Any excuse to go to the Contemporary would get my vote :thumbsup: