PDA

View Full Version : Price of the park pics and ride pics?

goofiecrazy
04-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Working up a list of spending money for things and i know i want the pics they take at the beginning of the parks like usual but its been 5 yrs since we have been. Would like the price they are charging now for those pics and the ride pics to.. thanks

DANAM
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I remeber the prints being about $15 a print I believe. You can go to www.disneyphotopass.com and check out the different things they offer. I have heard people say they prepay for a cd with all there pictures on it but I don't remember what the cost is. May be 75 to 100 dollars.

goofiecrazy
04-19-2009, 05:58 PM
thats what i thought but am not looking to get the photopass..

tinklover
04-19-2009, 06:33 PM
If you are not looking to get the photopass then what pics are you speaking of. I know the ride pics are not put on photo pass and purchased seperate( except test track). the only front of the park photos that i know of are photopass.

goofiecrazy
04-19-2009, 09:03 PM
when u enter each park and they take ur picture with ur group! like in front of the castle etc. those pics. i want that price and the price for pics u get from the rides that take ur pic. u dont need the photo pass to get these.

ASweetLov
04-20-2009, 12:33 AM
I thought the pics they take of your group in front of the castle in MK, SE in Epcot, the hat in MGM are all photopass. I took a group pic with SE behind us and it was photopass, the photographer swiped our photopass card after taking the pic. and we have also gotten 8x10 pictures on Spash Mountain and Dinosaur and it was about $16 for those.

Magic Smiles
04-20-2009, 07:34 AM
I am pretty sure that you can buy the photos taken in front of each park icon without purchasing the photopass CD. They are the same photographers that take the pictures and do give you a photopass card that is scanned each time pictures are taken. You can then select which pictures you want printed to purchase. I wouldn't write off the idea of buying the photopass CD just yet though. The cost of the individual pictures can add up quickly and to pre-purchase the CD can be money saving. If you do decide to pre-purchase the photopass CD you can always cancel it if you decide that you don't have enough good photos on your photopass card. You can also add on to the photopass CD all the waterpark pictures that the photographers take now. They even get you sliding out of the slides!
The only photos that you have to buy separately are the ride pictures (except Test Track) and character meal photos. However, if you do purchase character meal photos, they will give you the code which can be added to your photopass CD. (all of the character meal photos that they take at that meal will be added and not just the photo that you purchase).
So as you can tell we always buy (pre-purchased) the photopass CD. If you do it right you can end up with LOTS (100 or more) photos for you CD.
The prices of the individual photos usually run around $20.00 give or take a few dollars. I think that the prices can be found on the photopass website.

Kenny1113
04-20-2009, 09:02 AM
EE was $18 and change for 1 8x10 and $21 and change for 2 5x7 plus tax.

DANAM
04-20-2009, 02:50 PM
thats what i thought but am not looking to get the photopass..

The photopass is a free card that they keep track of all your pictures on. I can't imagine how else you would be able to purchase the pictures without a photopass. Please someone correct me if this information is not correct. That is what we have always experienced. I have always taken the cards home and purchases the individual pictures from the web site. The lines at the photopass places have been too long.

NewDVCowner
04-20-2009, 03:00 PM
There's a store that you can go into and order individual pictures that were taken rather than getting the photo pass. In DL it's right on Main Street, not sure about the other parks, but you don't need the photo pass to buy them. I believe that the CM taking the pictures gives you a card or code which you can give to the people at the store to pull up your picture.

Magic Smiles
04-20-2009, 08:37 PM
There's a store that you can go into and order individual pictures that were taken rather than getting the photo pass. In DL it's right on Main Street, not sure about the other parks, but you don't need the photo pass to buy them. I believe that the CM taking the pictures gives you a card or code which you can give to the people at the store to pull up your picture.

It is my understanding that the card that the photographer gives you is the Photo Pass. WIth this card you can then purchase what you want. Either the CD, movie, book or even individual prints.

handmaidenofprincesses
04-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Just a heads up, if you book through AAA, you get a free photopass photo printed.

Usually we don't bother with that sort of stuff (I took 804 pictures of my own... why pay all that money to have one that someone else took?) but since we had the voucher, my aunt and I were sure to get our picture taken by a photopass photographer everyday in each of the theme parks (except DHS, cuz we couldn't find one- maybe because the hat was undergoing some sort of renovation) and then we took our card to the camera center outside of Spaceship Earth in Epcot.

To be honest, most of the photos were horrible, but there was one nice one of the 2 of us in front of the castle and they even put a nice logo on it with the year and all. It was sort of cute..

VWL Mom
04-21-2009, 08:23 AM
EE was $18 and change for 1 8x10 and $21 and change for 2 5x7 plus tax.

I believe SM is the same. Our bill was $42 but that included the 3D frame which I think was $24.

mom2mickeyfan
04-21-2009, 11:23 AM
I think the confusion is just what you are calling it. It is all the photo pass system. It is just in how you purchase the photos that are taken. All photos are put on a photo pass card. Then you have a some options on how to purchase pictures.

1. You can take this card the the photo center in the park and view and purchase pictures there. They can add details to the pictures there. Can be long lines sometimes.

2. You can take this card home and sign up on the photo pass website and purchase pictures there that will be shipped to you.

3. You can purchase or pre-purchase the photo CD which will have ALL of the pictures taken on it (minus all the ride pictures except Test Track). They have borders that can be added and those along with the original will be included on the CD. The pre-purchased CD is $99.95. Then you can print whatever you want at Wal-Mart or wherever you want. BTW..we had around 750 pictures on our CD last year...well it came on 2 CDs but still only cost $99.95.

The point is; it's all the same thing. I don't have any ideas about the cost of the ride pictures that aren't included on the photo pass cards. Oh...another thing...if you decided to pre-purchase the CD, someone will need to send you the link to the site. You can't find anywhere if you just go to the photo pass website.

And don't throw away your photo pass card after you purchase pictures in the park. You can still load in on the website and purchase additional pictures there in case you decided you wanted more and one you didn't purchase in the park. You can also share them with family and friends when you load your card online by sending them a link to your pictures there.

Hope some of that helps!

Diz-Knee
04-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Does someone have the link to pre-purchase the photopass CD that they would be willing to send to me?

TIA!!! :thumbsup:

TheVBs
04-21-2009, 12:52 PM
It is my understanding that the card that the photographer gives you is the Photo Pass. WIth this card you can then purchase what you want. Either the CD, movie, book or even individual prints.

They do movies too? Is that new?

Magic Smiles
04-21-2009, 05:47 PM
They do movies too? Is that new?

I received back in 2007 a PIN for a discount. Included with the PIN was a free photopass movie code. You put the pictures into it and they make the movie. The movie was still available last time I checked the photopass site. Along with the movie on the DVD is a slide show of the photos that you included. We put in the maximum number of photos - I think 112. They don't have to be photopass photos as you can upload your own photos also. We just LOVE it.

TheVBs
04-21-2009, 05:49 PM
I received back in 2007 a PIN for a discount. Included with the PIN was a free photopass movie code. You put the pictures into it and they make the movie. The movie was still available last time I checked the photopass site. Along with the movie on the DVD is a slide show of the photos that you included. We put in the maximum number of photos - I think 112. They don't have to be photopass photos as you can upload your own photos also. We just LOVE it.

How cool! Thanks for that info. :mickey: I'll have to look into that.

zcrsdad
04-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Does someone have the link to pre-purchase the photopass CD that they would be willing to send to me?

TIA!!! :thumbsup:

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx:thumbsup: