PDA

View Full Version : So all the planning and everything else now this happens

javamama
04-19-2009, 09:54 AM
ds who is 5 sick as of yesterday :cry: and when he gets sick I usually have a really sick kid. He gets a cold, and boom it's a full blown sinus infection last time he was on an antibiotic for 21 days. So I brought him in yesterday to immediate care, they gave him something hopefully since we caught it early he'll be close to himself for the trip. I just hope dd(2) doesn't catch it the cold part from him:( or anyone else for that matter.
Thursday night my sister was at the gym "in the zone" changes the resistance on the rowing machine heard something pop or snap in her back--she's 30:eek::ee: Couldn't move for a few minutes, went to the ER(waited 6 hours) For them to say we have to no one to do an MRI here(mind you this is a huge hospital in Chicago heliport and the whole deal) no broken bone, maybe a slipped/herniated disk. I swear when it rains it pours, and they really mean it!
I guess this should be the pity party trip update a week before the trip:(

Meteora
04-19-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry for your troubles. :( My whole family got sick before going to Disney last year, and we managed and had an amazing time anyway. We just took lots of cold meds, brought a lot of tissues (and a plastic bag to keep tissues in until we could throw them out), walked nice and slow, took lovely afternoon naps, and used a lot of antibacterial gel so as to try not to spread our germs to other park-goers.

Daisy'sMom
04-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Don't let yourself get sick. Make sure everyone is washing their hands, wash your constantly. Good luck and remember, you'll be at Disney. It could be worse.:mickey:

elmjimmlm
04-19-2009, 01:16 PM
A week before our Dec. trip we all had a stomach virus with the works (fever, chills and everything else that goes along with it.)...My DH got it on Christmas Day, 2 days before we left...We made it and I think that when we left our house we left all of the illness there...We had a great time and never thought about how we felt a few days before...Maybe thats why Disney is such a magical place...

peemagg
04-19-2009, 02:46 PM
I have found in the past that when I have a cold when I leave it gets better when I'm there. It is a difference in the weather that helps it.

Hull-onian
04-19-2009, 06:46 PM
We are going in 12 days, and I have a wicked cold. I hope it leaves as quick as it got here. Take care, and have a good trip.

javamama
04-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone, I kept my little guy home from school today so hopefully the other parents appreciate it:thedolls: I'd like to thank them for spreading it around to the other kids though--my huge pet peeve. At least my sister is getting better she said as of last night:thumbsup: My ds is resting, watching tv, and bossing me around, and ratting out his 2.5 year sister so hopefully the antibiotics are helping:D I'm just hoping no one else gets it--kwim, my hands are already rough, and icky from so much washing.
Chin up, and happy thoughts, thanks!