PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on a ride??

iluvdumbo
04-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Hello fellow Intercot users!!
Have any of you ever been stuck on a ride?? Just felt like asking.

Here is my story about what rides I have been stuck on:
Me and my friend, Harleen (MissSkellington), her mom, and my mom (twink61) were on The Carousel of Progress and it just broke down when we were going from the first room to the second room, and then again from the second room to the third room. Like literally, in between the two!! We tried to go to the next room in the 1/2 way thing to watch the other one, but the CM said to stay seated, so we stayed there and got the lines and the song stuck in our heads!! Harleen just started singing the song and we started bursting out laughing loudly!!!

I have other stories, but I think I will let it be your storytime with ______________ first before I tell my next one!!

Happy Posting!
Hannah

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-18-2009, 10:24 PM
We got stuck on the TTA with my 2.5 year old nephew. It was in one of the fairly dark spots too. I had a little flash light so he wasn't scared. But after sitting there for about 5 minutes, he yells out "hello, is anyone out there?". That's so not like him so that made it even funnier! We started up a couple of minutes after that so I guess they heard him.

SBETigg
04-18-2009, 10:28 PM
We've been stuck on many rides over many trips. CoP, Splash Mt, Pirates, Spaceship Earth (backwards), Haunted Mansion. We were stuck on the Haunted Mansion because the teen boys behind us kept standing up in their buggies and spitting on other guests. They stopped the ride twice and announced over speakers that the ride would not continue until guests were properly seated. At the end of the ride, the CM tried to hold the boys for security to arrive, but the boys used very foul language and ran away.

TeamJonasSister
04-18-2009, 10:34 PM
I have gotten stuck on a lot of rides.

I got stuck on the TTA. It was really hot when we got stuck because we were in one of the rooms.

I also have gotten stuck on Buzz Lightyear. We were in the middle of the ride and it just stoped.

Another ride is Splash mountain. My mom and I got stuck when we were going up the big hill.

Dinasour is another ride I have gotten stuck on. My cousin and I got stuck right at the end of the ride when it looks like the dinasour is going to eat you.

Haunted Mansion I always get stuck on. The one time I was with my friend and we were in like 5th grade. We got stuck in the scariest room in the haunted Mansion. We were almost crying we were so scared!

gerald72
04-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I was looking forward to my WDW trip for a year. The day I was looking forward to most of all was the day we were spending the morning at MK, my favorite park. We were there at park opening, and figured we could hit all the big rides in the early morning before crowds built up. I think the third ried we got on was Splash Mountain, and that's where we got stuck for about 45 minutes. I was mad, just feeling my whole morning and a year's worth of planning wasting away. At least I was stuck on my favorite ride, but that is what the kids talk about when someone mentions Splash Mountain.

Buddy08
04-18-2009, 10:46 PM
My DS, who was about 5 at the time, and I got stuck on the Haunted Mansion in a very dark spot (don't remember exactly where.) He was scared at first but I made it into an "adventure" and we eventually started moving. He is 18 now but we still remember it fondly.

zcrsdad
04-18-2009, 10:51 PM
We got stuck in SE. We had to get out and walk down the steps. Kinda ruins the ride experience when you can see EVERYTHING.

deedeenmickey
04-18-2009, 10:56 PM
We have gotten stuck on Splash, HM, SSE, TSM but the funniest was... we were at AK for the first day of the soft opening for EE. We were loading the ride and had to get back off and we waited about 15 more minutes and reloaded. We were wondering what could be going on they let about 5 empty trains go. When we were on the ride at the part where the track is broken my daughter who was about 7 at the time thought the the ride was really broken like that and she totally freaked out thinking we were really going off on the broken track. It's funny now but I felt sorry for her then.

kemps@wdw
04-18-2009, 10:59 PM
We've been stuck on a few attractions ouselves. On Spaceship Earth (backwards), on Splash Mt (going up the last hill before the big drop), on Haunted Mansion (in the graveyard), and they weren't really long delays. So, we didn't mind them so much. Although, we were in the line @ the RRC out in the "alley" area where you could see the limo take off, and the lights suddenly came up and the ride stopped right as another limo was about to shoot out, and you could see the ride vehicle stuck just inside the tunnel. I can only imagine the other vehicles stopped up on the rest of the track! Glad it wasn't me. Although, it would have been kinda cool to see the inside of the attraction w/the lights up!

Missy_Mouses_Dad
04-18-2009, 11:12 PM
We were stuck on tower of terror in the basement. I have extreme claustrophobia and got an anxiety attack. the other riders thought I was joking around...little did they realize...

javamama
04-18-2009, 11:59 PM
DS and I were stuck on SE last year, he was happy in the dark it kept stopping the whole way thru:(
Dh and I have been stuck on Splash a few different times, as well as PoTC
Other than that I can't remember anything else.

CaptSmee
04-19-2009, 01:06 AM
We've been stuck on plenty of rides at WDW. The only one that freaked me out was on TOT. We were frozen at the end of the ride in the dark and you could hear the other elevator swoosh-swoosh-swooshing over us. All I could think about was it coming down on top of us...but alas, we finally backed into our respective unloading area, the lights came on and we disembarked.

dancin Disney style
04-19-2009, 08:18 AM
We got stuck on PoTC. No great story to tell. I was just happy to be sitting in the boat when it stopped because we had been in line for quite a while. We sat down the boat moved about 5 feet and stopped. In was down for approx 15 minutes.

I heard a story once about a guy that was stuck at the top of SM and they turned all the lights on inside. The CMs came up and walked everyone down. He said it was really weird to see what it looks like in there and it's a lot higher than he thought.

tinkerddeedee
04-19-2009, 08:24 AM
WOW! It seems like this happens quite frequently. Is there a rhyme or reason for rides just stopping? Makes me a little nervous with a 3 year old! :confused:

brownie
04-19-2009, 09:32 AM
I can't recall every being stuck on an attraction. The old sea cabs stopped a couple times on one of our trips because someone decided to hop out of their sea cab.

IamBelle
04-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I have been stuck on Spaceshipe Eath Backwards, and I always get stuck on Haunted Mansion in the cemetary where the groundskeeper and the dog is.
Last year, in the middle of a 90 degree day, we went on the jungle cruise and made it all they way to the tribal people when the boat in front of us didn't start. So we had to stop and the tourguides radioed for another boat to tow the boat in front of us. Well, all the boats except for one came to the same spot we were in and we had to wait for the slowest boat to ge all through the ride and tow the stuck boat. We waited 20 mins, but it was fun because our tourguide was hilarious!! We also got to see them "throw" the dead boat backstage. It was a unique, fun experience that I will probably never see again!

DisneyFr33k
04-19-2009, 11:19 AM
We've gotten stuck on Haunted Mansion before, but it started again. And, on Test Track once we were asked to walk out (and given fast passes to come back later).

But this past trip we were on Test Track and it stopped during the obstacles, started again, stopped again climbing the hill for a long time, started again, and then stopped again when the trucks lights are shining on us, started again and then stopped right before you speed up to go through the doors outside (when it is the fastest). At that poing I was FREAKING out as I was scared about going that fast outside when it keeps starting/stopping. We were really glad to get off that ride!!!!

dismommy
04-19-2009, 11:44 AM
We have been stuck on Buzz more then once (once for about 25 minutes my son was starting to freak) and also on spaceship earth. He did not ride SE in 2008 as a result of this.

elmjimmlm
04-19-2009, 01:19 PM
We were stuck on HM where you go through the mirrors and see the lady at the end up over the arch way...She kept saying the same thing over and over and over and over...:blush:

MickeyMousse
04-19-2009, 01:35 PM
We have gotten stuck in HM (at the new addition with the bride), Universe of Energy (the doors wouldn't open into the theater) and Buzz Lightyear (which was cool because we racked up so many more points!!).

marlaine
04-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Last Sept. we got stuck on Goofys Barnstormer. My DH and DS (4 at the time) were in one car and I was in the one in front of them. We were stuck for about 15 minutes real close to the end of the ride. CMs walked on the tracks to get us and gave us a Fast Pass to go on the ride again. The ride was shut down for a couple of hours and we never used it. The CMs couldn't have been nicer!:thumbsup:

jrkcr
04-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Last trip to DL, my mom, DD9, and I got stuck on Monsters Inc. They cut the lights on and DD9 took some pics of Sulley right beside us, while we waited in the "car". Then a CM came along and we all had to walk out of the ride. It was fun to walk through Monstropolis!

SandmanGStefani24
04-19-2009, 02:35 PM
in '95 we got stuck on the bottom of the last incline on splash. we sat there for about 25 minutes due to a medical emergency. talk about nerve racking, waiting to go down the chute!

i've also gotten stuck on the haunted mansion ride in the room with all the levatating instruments and mirror, ect. pretty cool place to get stuck since there's a lot of detail. and a nice cool place to sit on a hot day!

the funniest was getting stuck on pirates, right in front of the guys trying to get the key from the dog. pretty annoying, but the boat behind us didnt stop and nailed us, as did the boat behind that one! :D

the worst place was gran fiesta, at the fireworks scene. that song is about 30-35 seconds long, and i must have heard it about 75 times. :thedolls: Funny for a bit, but then just plain annoying! Wished it was the old Rio del Tiempo ride...

hauntedmansiongirl
04-19-2009, 03:15 PM
When we took the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK, the CM told us that most times when a ride stops, it's because the CMs are loading or unloading a person in a wheelchair. It happens routinely in HM, PotC, Peter Pan, SE and ToT. It's usually a 2-5 minute pause, then the ride resumes.

Last September, RnRC was down just as we made it to the head of the line, so we chatted with the CM for a long while. They told us that it goes down a lot because little kids try to squeeze their arms through the centre of the harness. CMs watch the ride over video surveillance and have to shut the ride down and walk the kid out, because they could fall out in one of the loops. It takes them about 30 minutes to do that, which is a bummer for everyone. :mickey:

DANAM
04-19-2009, 04:39 PM
We got stuck on Toy Story Mania during the soft openning. The bar was push right up to my stomach and I was having a panic attach. My husband was on the other side trying to calm me down when I screamed I'm going to call 911 if they don't get me out of here. About 10 min later(total of 45 min stuck) we were going again. I swore I would never go on the ride again but after the panic passed I realized it was one of the best rides ever.

Also had to feel bad for the people in front of us. They had 5 children, must have been quints. The wife and husband sat with one each and then there where 3 by themselves on the other side. The ride stopped with the 3 kids side facing me so neither of the parents could see them. And here I was in a panic.

zebradome17
04-19-2009, 04:54 PM
I have only ever been stuck on 2 rides:
I got stuck on ToT just as the ride vehicle came out of the first shaft and was about to go through the corridor. It was really creepy because the voice over and the music was still going on but we weren't moving. Some CMs came through a secret door that was mirrored like the rest of the corridor and that would not notice unless you looked really closely. They let us take photos of it and we went back down in another lift. Strange as it sounds, it is probably one of the best experiences I have had in WDW just because I got to do something that I normally would not be able to do.
The second ride I got stuck on was the Gran Fiesta Tour with the Three Caballeros in Mexico. it was just before the end of the ride and we were there for about ten minutes. I will never forget the Spanish for bye.

Belster
04-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Got stuck on Small World....needless to say, yes the music was playing the whole time we were stopped.

Also, have been stuck on the HM just in front of the cold hallway that was fun!!!!!!!

toodisney
04-19-2009, 06:08 PM
I remember when I was younger riding Peter Pan with my brother. We got stuck at the part where Capt. Hook is balanced in the croc's mouth. It seemed like we were there forever. For the whole rest of the trip we kept repeating "Help me Mr. Smead...I'm a comin' Capt."

iluvdumbo
04-19-2009, 06:22 PM
I have another story now. My mom and I were riding Splash Mountain and we got stuck before the first little drop, right near Briar Rabbit's house so we kept hearing him singing! We also got stuck on same ride, after the drop near the waterfall. My mom hates getting wet when she doesn't plan it, and she was right next to the waterfall! She was so mad!

Euby
04-20-2009, 04:06 AM
The rides that are most likely to stop for a brief period are the continuous loaders. Those are the rides that you have to jump into the "car" while it's moving... like Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan. This is usually so someone that is disabled can more easily get on the ride. These normally have a pre-recorded "please wait" message. When you hear a cast member, it's normally due to someone on the ride doing something that they shouldn't. :nono:

WDW_Obsessed
04-20-2009, 08:39 AM
I have been stuck on Test Track for 30 minutes once! We kept expecting to be let off the ride somehow, but we just sat there for what seemed like days. It seems to me that TT breaks down a whole lot...

Gregandmel
04-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Believe it or not, we got stuck in IT'S A SMALL WORLD!!! The boats weren't moving at ALL so we sat there at LEAST 10 minutes. To this day, my 9 year old says he will do any ride EXCEPT that one. It was horrendous at the time, but funny now that we look back on it.

AdventurerKim
04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
The most memorable time being stuck on a ride was on Horizaons. We had to walk off and exit the ride car from the back of the car (the seat back part). We came out below the park and had to walk back up into EPCOT.

Another time we stopped on Buzz Lightyear, and an alarm went off and gates flew up on both sides of the last room where you get your picture taken. We stopped for a little while, but the whole experience was freaky.

Imagineer1981
04-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Several places for us:

HM: by the bride (so freaky)

SE: going backwards is great, time fro a nap

POTC: we were backed up once to Jack's first scene by the clothes. We were on POTC for over an hour and I loved it

Buzz: any time you get stuck, its great. Rack up the points!

LauraF
04-21-2009, 10:52 AM
I've been stuck several times on rides but the best was when my brother and I were riding Splash Mountain. (To lead into this he'd been teasing me about getting soaked on the ride in true brotherly fashion.)

There's that part AFTER the the big drop while you're in queue just to the left on the drop and the little water spouts go off randomly. Well, we got stuck there. And who should be sitting right next to that - yep, my brother. We sat there for about 5 minutes and he got sprayed each time that went off, and ended up more soaked then I did, much to the amusement of everyone in our car. :D

blondeinbrandon
04-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Worst ever for us was Test Track. We got stuck outside on the loop. Sideways trying to hold my weight off my son. Only a few minutes and we were moving again, but very slowly back into the building. We saw them take off a car that had burned-up something in the back (still smoking). They let us stay on the car and go again, DS was thrilled.

Imagineer1981
04-21-2009, 11:06 AM
any time you get stuck outside on a ride in Aug in 99 degree weather is TERRIBLE!!!

mjaclyn
04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
DH and I have been stuck on a bunch of different rides, but the worst one for me (by far) was Tower of Terror. We've been stuck on that one twice and I won't ride it anymore. The first time the elevator door opened up in the wrong spot and we saw a brick wall instead of the outside view. The second time the elevator door opened and it was pitch black with the elevator not moving at all. It stayed that way for a few minutes and other guests started trying to take their seatbelts off to leave!!! I don't like the feeling of being 'stuck' anywhere, so that is always something I have to contend with on rides. Of course, being stuck on something like Splash Mountain or CoP is better (for me) than being stuck on ToT or Misson Space where it's very enclosed.

Friend of Figment
04-21-2009, 11:11 AM
On our last trip, we got stuck in Toy Story Mania right after the practice round. When it started again, we were out of sync with the screens. It was enjoyable to have time to look around at the details. At the end we told the CM what had happened and they let us get right back on and ride again.

MOJoe
04-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Stuck once on EE. The child in the seat behind us was NOT happy.

The longest time was on Splash Mountain, in the Laughing Place area, for around 10 minutes. Whew, did that song get annoying!

Mileyfan1#
04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Thats nothing
Back in 2000 we went to disney with my Mom Dad Nana Grandaddy Sillynana and Papa and got stuck the Dinasor ride at Epcot for over an hour were that stupid sneezing dinasor is and the girl behind us had food posaning:sick::ack: and had to walk her out!

We also have goten stoped on its a small world back in 2002 and my friend Madison and I did't mind that much if we wasnt stuck in that stupid welchair boat.:mad:

But once we had a relly funnie thing happen too us.In 2004 we wen't to wdw with some of our friends and got stuck on Buzz but it was funny because My frind Ellen and I was in one of the cars My dad was in a car with Joe My mom was in a car with Beccie and Shelby Ellens sister was in a car by herself.And my mom and Beccie got so many points they had to restart the ride a bunch of times!:):D

castlelady36
04-21-2009, 12:57 PM
While we have been stuck numerous times for various reasons the longest was 45 mins on Universe of Energy. No explanation as to why but we got to watch the fight with Ellen and the dinosaur over and over and over...we laugh now each time we go by that scene.

Daisy'sMom
04-21-2009, 12:59 PM
We have had our share of rides breaking down while we were on them. The most interesting was SM, and Ellen. We had to walk thru them, and it gives you an idea of how different things look with the lights on. :mickey:

laprana
04-21-2009, 01:38 PM
We've gotten stuck on several rides, too, but the most memorable times were on TTA and Splash Mountain. We were on the TTA when it stopped at the part where it's inside SM and you can see the ride track and all of that. We were stopped for about 30 minutes and then finally a CM came by and said we'd have to walk out of the ride. It was neat to see as we were walking out and they gave each of us FPs for SM!

The time we were stuck on Splash wasn't quite as fun, though. My sister and I were in one boat and my DBf was in another boat. My sister and I were stuck outside on a 95+ degree day with the sun beating down on us for about 25-30 minutes. That was one time we were really hoping a jet would shoot water at us, but it's the one time we stayed completely dry on Splash! My DBf was stuck inside the mountain at the part where Brer Bear is stuck inside the tree and Brer Fox is trying to pull him out, with "Zipadee-doo-dah" playing over and over. He never wanted to hear that song again! :D

Mousemates
04-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Stuck on A Ride -

Fun - a hot day, we got stuck in the crystal ball room of the haunted mansion and not only got to have a nice long cool down, but got to hear the entire song in the room.

Very Fun - Buzz Lightyear where I went over a million points...and my score reset.

Not Fun....test track....once on the speed course outside on a no cloud day....the other time inside near the enviromental (hot/cold thing) testing area.

Crow
04-21-2009, 04:36 PM
last wk stuck on Living w the Land for 10-15 min.
and Great Movie Ride, vehicle wouldnt start after the temple scene switch. a bunch of people came out & got it moving again...vehicles were backd up behind us

Mickey91
04-21-2009, 11:50 PM
We've been stuck going "down the stairs" at HM for a while and on the first uphill of Goofy's Barnstormer for about half an hour, it began to rain...

tjstrike
04-22-2009, 03:59 AM
I guess the 3 biggies where we actually had to get off the ride were RNRC, Splash mt. and Dinosaur. We got FP's to come back for all of them.Buzz always brakes down. Been in HM at the woman's head floating in the crystal ball and heard her over and over.

cmsizzlin
04-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Oct 08 - we got stuck in HM in the Ballroom for over an hour, it was nice and cool and my niece (6 yrs old) even took a nap.