PDA

View Full Version : 1st DHS Grad Nite

JoDisney
04-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know how the first Grad Nite at DHS went last night, the 17th?

Piglet822
04-18-2009, 07:49 PM
I know there was a lot of confusion afterwards when everyone tried to find their buses.
Other than that I have no idea. I'm curious how the kids like it, it doesn't seem like there's as much to do at DHS as there is at MK.

lockedoutlogic
04-18-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm sure there were shenanigans a plenty....like every other grad night:mickey:

JoDisney
04-19-2009, 10:37 AM
My son went to the April 18 Grad Nite. He was extremely tired, so I did not get much out of him. He said he had a good time. I know the seniors in his school were disappointed that it was going to be in DHS. Their feeling was that there were not that many rides. My son said he got on R'nR and Star Wars. He did not talk about any other rides as he was really tired. He did say he had enough to eat. I think the whole group were disappointed that their group had Grad Nite 2009 at DHS. I'll find out more when he gets up.

zcrsdad
04-19-2009, 01:01 PM
That's what I am worried about. We're going April 24th (supposed to be crowded) and I'm worried my students won't have as much fun as in years past.

Why'd Disney have to go and change a good thing? I wonder if it had anything to do with SM rehab... I guess DHS is cheaper to run. They also reduced the hours but didn't reduce the price.

I hope they change it back to MK...

dreamscometrue
04-19-2009, 01:15 PM
I think that people complained about the early closings at MK for two weekends in April, which up here in the NE, are usually our school vacation weeks. Maybe that's one small reason why they moved them to HS? who know?

I see both sides of this. But since I usually visit during this time, I was happy (sorry!) to see them moved to Studios.

zcrsdad
04-19-2009, 01:25 PM
They make TONS of money by having Grad Nite! Tickets are about $60 for a few hours. If it is not as good, I have a feeling they will lose in the long run. We are already discussing if we should go back or not. Taking 300 students just from our school (plus about 6 others schools taking the same in our district) seems like a big economic loss if DHS doesn't pan out.

I do understand from a patron's point of view though...if I was going during this time, I would not want MK closing at 6 pm.:(

Dulcee
04-19-2009, 02:30 PM
My younger sister went last night. She said they had an awesome time and didn't get back to ASM until 3 am.

They were back at the parks by 9am this moring though.