PDA

View Full Version : Help with our dining plans please

m1ckeymouse
04-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi everyone, we are sure that loads of you will have some fantastic dining ideas to help us decide a few things, so here goes.

We are staying at POP in Dec this year and at present are not sure if we will be using the dining plan/quick service dining plan or no dining plan at all. So far we have decided we want to eat at T-Rex which is not on the dining plan anyway and also Planet Hollywood which is, but we also have a discount voucher for.

We have had a few weekends on this now and to make the most of the dining plan we would like to eat at a table service each day and have therefore picked the following in addition to the above:
Cinderellas Royal Table (2 credits), Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Plaza Restaurant, Boma and Liberty tree tavern.

We need some more ideas as well as any feedback good or bad on the above. If we choose to use the dining plan it will be so that we don't need to watch the pennies so much and relax and enjoy ourselves more, but we are sure we can eat cheaper, just not at full service restaurants!

I should also add we have a son who will be 4yo but is frightened in loud restaurants especially those with interaction such as O'hana and Chef Mickeys, although has been good with characters on previous visits to DLRP. Any info regarding decent kids menus for full service dining would be great and probably swing it in regards to us choosing certain restaurants.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated and make my planning happy again.:mickey:
Thanks so much, sorry it's so wordy!:thanks:

DANAM
04-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Then only one I can tell you about first hand is Le Cellier. We love it and it is not very load in there. We are trying most of your other picks in December so hopefully everyone posts good things.

Zippy 1
04-18-2009, 12:34 PM
If your son is afraid of loud noises you might want to reconsider Coral Reef. While we loved it - it is quite loud. I am sure others will have suggestions too!

Pirate Granny
04-18-2009, 03:01 PM
We've eaten at all your choices and CRT is a good choice if you are on the DDP as you won't get the sticker shock, but you gotta try it at least once. (we did New Years Eve 2004 at CRT what a treat, except the DD's were upset no alcoholic beverages). Coral Reef is great for kids if they can see the fishes...it is a bit loud in there, but just restaurant noise in general. Garden Grill and Liberty tree Tavern food is all you can eat, table service (not buffet), and good choices for both adults and children. Boma is buffet and kids can find anything, besides a visit to AKL in itself is special ... LeCellier might be a stretch, but I've seen kids there...the Biergarten in Germany IMO is better for kids (wait wise and distraction wise). Plaza...hummmm...we've eaten there, but not used the DDP...it's mostly sandwiches, if you get DDP try Tony's or for a kid friendly restaurant you could try Whispering Canyon, but it's very loud and lots of action for kids, so if Chef Mickey's was too much, then this may be too much. It's a nice boat ride from the MK to WL. We are going to try out T-Rex in May.
Enjoy your trip...you can never go wrong with any choices in Disney.
:pirate:

SBETigg
04-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Your choices look good to me. They're all very family friendly. Coral Reef is unexpectedly loud and our meal took a long time, but that was years ago. It might be better now.

cer
04-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Last time we were at Disneywe enjoyed Garden Grill. The set-up of the restaurant makes your dining experience very private and the character interaction was great.

LuvsTigger80
04-18-2009, 04:17 PM
We used the basic dining plan for the first time on our last visit and enjoyed it very much. not having to worry about paying for really good meals was a plus. You said your son is frightened in loud resturants, TRex probably wouldn't be good for him. We ate there on our last trip...my 3 yr old and friends 5 yr old got scared during the "show". It gets really loud. So just a heads up.

TikiGoddess
04-18-2009, 08:15 PM
PM sent.

Kathy

cheeky monkey
04-18-2009, 10:09 PM
I just want to warn you that the T-rex is incredibly loud! My DS has some auditory sensory issues and it was an issue for him-paired with the flashing "thunderstom" lights. If noise is an issue I would reconsider this...

hauntedmansiongirl
04-20-2009, 12:58 PM
You have some great choices on there, but I have one other option for you to consider. Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness. The buffet isn't huge, but it has lots of great stuff- pizza, ribs, soups, salad bar, a carved meat (eg. turkey, roast beef) and lots of sides. Dessert is mostly an ice cream sundae bar. It is kind of a secret, so usually isn't loud or busy. The great thing about Fort Wilderness for kids is that you can go into the horse barn and see the MK Clydesdale and Belgian horses, walk through the petting zoo (all miniature horses, ponies and donkeys), check out the playground, and on clear nights, there is the Chip N Dale Campfire and Sing-along followed by a Disney movie outside under the stars. Any WDW resort guest can do all of this for free. And it is an easy boat ride from MK. Just a thought if your little guy doesn't like loud noises...:mickey:

oliver&bianca
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Cinderellas Royal Table (2 credits), Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Le Cellier, Plaza Restaurant, Boma and Liberty tree tavern.

We need some more ideas as well as any feedback good or bad on the above.

We have used the Dining Plan twice. Overall, we like the convenience and choice of restaurants.

You have chosen some good places such as Garden Grill and Liberty Tree Tavern; however, we were not big fans of Le Cellier:ack: (especially my children).

The Plaza Restaurant is good; however, I don't think I would waste a table service on it. The menu is mainly sandwhich type foods and is pretty cheap anyways. Also, the atmosphere is not much....VERY small and no bathrooms. YES, I said no bathrooms:confused:. My oldest son had to go outside and around the corner to find a bathroom while we were having dinner. So basically, I would just pay out-of-pocket for the Plaza meal at lunch time.

A couple other restaurants that we liked were.....50's Primetime Cafe and Mama Melrose's.:thumbsup:

I hope this helps!

pandkx3
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
If your son is frightened of loud noises, the you may want to reconsider planet hollywood...extremely loud