PDA

View Full Version : question about points, banking/borrowing

luvDaMouse
04-17-2009, 08:54 PM
I am allittle confused about how to do this, I will explain what my plans are and I need some help in how to accomplish it.
I would like to book at my home resort (akv) a 2bedroom sv in Kidani starting the day before or the day after Thanksgiving through the first week in Dec (12-4) Heres where the confusion gets me. I have a December use year. I already have my vacation set for this year using my 08 points. I will have 5 left over which I will bank. Now, my 09 points come Dec 1st I want to use them for my 2010 trip I have 175 pts. Depending on whether I go before or after tksgiving I know I will need more than 175 pts. My trip starts in Nov and goes into Dec. Do I use my 08 pts then borrow 2010 pts and if I need more pts can I borrow 2011 pts? because I will be there when my 2010 pts come to me???:confused: and what happens to the 5 08 pts that I banked, would they still be valid in Nov 2010 or do they have to be used before the dec 09 pts are distributed?? I have confused myself even more as i type this I hope someone can understand what I am asking:unsure:

DizneyRox
04-17-2009, 11:19 PM
You'll have to borrow some points into the 08 year from your 09. The 08 points you banked can be used after December 1st, and you may also borrow some 2010 points into the 09 year to cover you stay.

I'm not sure how many reservations you'll need to setup, maybe only one, maybe 2, I've never done anything this complicated, but it shouldn't be a problem at all.

The 08 points you banked though have to stay and be used in the 09 year, they can't be pulled back into 08. Also, any points you borrow into 08 from 09 will most probably be forfeited if you have to cancel since you're so close to the use year flip.

FiggyFan
04-18-2009, 11:03 PM
We doing a similar thing this summer. We have an August use year and are taking a trip starting in late July and extending into August. We made our plans as two reservations, which DVC linked so we won't have to check in a second time or switch rooms.

AS DisneyRox said, the November days will be during your December 2008 use year, while the December days will be in your December 2009 use year.

You will have to have enough points in your December 2008 use year (by borrowing December 2009 use year points) to cover the November days.

You will have to have enough points in your December 2009 use year to cover the December days. The points in the December 2009 use year could be any combination of:
1) December 2009 use year points.
2) Any December 2008 points that you banked.
3) Points borrowed from your December 2010 use year.

Points from your December 2011 use year cannot be borrowed into your December 2009 use year. Banking and borrowing can only move points forward or backward by one use year.

The 5 December 2008 points you banked can be used any time during your December 2009 use year (December 1, 2009 through November 30, 2010). If they are not used by that time, you will lose them. Banked points cannot be banked forward a second time.