PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef or Lecellier?

TeamJonasSister
04-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Which one is better?
I love Lecellier. It is my favorite resturant in Disney! My mom and I are going to Disney this fall. We are really thinking about the coral reef. What is your opnion on the coral reef?

dancin Disney style
04-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Generally, Coral Reef does not get good reviews.

Leighler
04-17-2009, 07:48 PM
I've been thinking of trying Coral Reef myself and have reconsidered b/c all I read is that it's gone downhill. I guess the best part about it might be the atmosphere. I'm definitely trying Le Cellier in the fall! :D

DisneyGlutton
04-17-2009, 08:02 PM
While I've always had good experiences with both, my vote went to Coral Reef by a hair. Perhaps the food at Le Cellier is slightly better, but Coral Reef has by the far the superior atmosphere (a massive fish tank and nice decorations vs a dungeon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighler
I've been thinking of trying Coral Reef myself and have reconsidered b/c all I read is that it's gone downhill. I guess the best part about it might be the atmosphere. I'm definitely trying Le Cellier in the fall!

It was as good as always back in December imho...I tried the chicken breast and was truly wowed (and how often can that be said of a chicken dish?).

Seasonscraps
04-17-2009, 09:16 PM
One of my favorite disney dinners was at the Coral Reef so they get my vote.

sisterdisco
04-17-2009, 09:23 PM
We had a BAD experience at Coral Reef. We had to wait 90 min past our ADR to get seated. It was a zoo in the lobby, we had to sit on the floor, and once we checked in, we couldn't leave. I was so angry by the time we sat down, I didn't really enjoy the experience. I think that the problem, is that d/t divers/living seas, that people really take alot longer to eat, and won't get up and leave.......

LOVE LE CELLIER!!!

tracibell
04-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I had a similar experience to SisterDisco. We had a long wait past our ADR time and had to sit on the floor as well. Our waiter was really nice though and the food was okay. We were really far from the fish tank so my nephew was a bit diappointed. Service was pretty slow.

I really enjoyed my experience at Le Cellier though. We adored our waitress and were satisfied with the food. The tables-for-two were placed very close to one another, but other than that we had a wonderful time there. In fact, we booked a "linner" ADR for our trip next month. :thumbsup:

DebK
04-18-2009, 07:46 AM
The food at LeCellier is better. For atmosphere, Coral Reef wins.......

AdventurerKim
04-18-2009, 10:34 AM
We ate at The Coral Reef once and were very underwhelmed. We love Le Cellier and go every trip! :number1:

GrmGrninGost
04-18-2009, 12:55 PM
I love them both, but the last few times we have been to each, I enjoyed Coral Reef more. The food has been better, the service has been better and I love watching the aquarium as we dine! :mickey:

Utopia74
04-18-2009, 01:20 PM
It's a pretty close call. I've eaten at both, twice. First trip, I enjoyed my meal at Le Cellier more. Last trip, I enjoyed my meal at Coral Reef more. And the atmosphere is unbeatable, despite the noise level bordering on Chuck-E-Cheese territory (it's one of those things you just have to accept in WDW).

mainemajor
04-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Between the two I prefer LeCellier, but I really enjoy the food and aquarium at the Coral Reef. I would say try the Coral Reef for a change. I do not think you will be disapointed

buzznwoodysmom
04-18-2009, 04:46 PM
We've tried Le Cellier twice and I honestly can't see what all the hype is about. It was our least favorite meals of the trips, both times. We have eaten at Coral Reef once and it was one of the best meals of that trip. I would definitely give Coral Reef a try, especially since you've already done Le Cellier. Its alway fun to try something new.

Minnie97
04-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Lecelier is great but I love watching the fish while I eat.:dory::nemo::shark:

Mickey91
04-18-2009, 08:59 PM
We really like Le Cellier, but Coral Reef gets my vote. The aquarium puts it over the edge as does the service and food our last couple of trips.:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-18-2009, 11:52 PM
We ate at both last year and both were very good. The District manager at Coral Reef was phenomenal. She stopped the little girl at the table next to us from crying. She was magical! I asked if she was the manager and that's how we found out she was the District Manager for that area. She came over to our table and chatted with us for a few minutes. She is very good at her job!
I'm not a seafood lover at all but still enjoyed the Coral Reef (non-seafood) food.

Daisy'sMom
04-19-2009, 09:06 AM
We have always had great meals at Le Cellier. Coral Reef have always been just ok. But then again, some of us are not fish or seafood lovers.:mickey:

Charlee
04-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I know its less popular but I prefer the Coral Reef, I love the atmosphere, the fish, the staff have always been helpful and attentive and the food is always tasty.
A lot of people criticise it as loud but we've never found this and have always enjoyed our experience. We are non fish eaters so always have the strip steak or pork chop and find both of these options yummy! And the Chocolate Wave - to die for...
I've done Le Cellier but have always been unwhelmed. Am trying it again this year to give it another shot due to all the hype. Hopefully, I'll enjoy it more in June...

x-raychick
04-19-2009, 08:16 PM
My family dined at both restaurants during our 2007 trip. I personally enjoyed Le Cellier. Their food choices were more to my liking. The maple creme brulee is to die for. Coral Reef was nice due to the aquarium, but our waiter was terrible and the food was not all that great. As with anything, it's all about personal preference. And, with the number of visitors that go through the restaurants, we are all bound to have a bad dining experience now and then.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-19-2009, 08:29 PM
I'd pick Coral Reef.

We've been to Le Cellier a couple of times, and each time were less impressed with the whole experience. The food is good, but nothing special (other than the maple creme brulé) and the service has been hit and miss.

We had a great time at Coral Reef. I HATE seafood, and had the best pork chop I've ever eaten and DH and Mom loved their seafood meals. The atmopshere is just cool and we saw Mickey! :diver:

ThanxForNoticin
04-20-2009, 12:12 PM
This one would be very easy for us - LeCellier. We've not had very good experiences with CR. But these two restaurants are among the most disputed places out there! Lots of good and bad reviews for both. I would recommend you take a look at the CR menu, see if it looks appealing to you, and then make your decision.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
04-20-2009, 05:55 PM
:number1: We eat at LeCellier last week for lunch and our family of 5 all felt it was our best meal (also best service) of the trip. We had meals at Boma, Cape May (twice), CM's, Tokyo Dining, and assorted other spots so did eat around. The guys had steak which they all thought was the best they had ever had - and they are "steak picky" so that said alot about the meal. We have not eaten at the Coral Reef - mainly because of poor word of mouth.
28 WDW vacations (just back yesterday from #28)

animalkingdomguy
04-21-2009, 07:36 AM
I love the glass wall aquarium at coral reef, but the cozy atmosphere and great food at Le Cellier wins hands down. :cloud9:

RAIDER
04-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Le cellier by a mile .... :thumbsup:

FenwayGirl
04-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Any suggestions from the lunch menu at leCellier for a first timer?:blush:

Pigtunia
04-22-2009, 03:30 PM
If this question was posed ten years ago, then Coral Reef would win in a landslide, but it has gone so far downhill in terms of food and service (and the ambience has even been greatly diminished), that there is now NO CONTEST: Le Cellier!!