PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever misplace their Park Tickets?

caryrae
04-17-2009, 11:49 AM
I was reading a thread about Park Tickets and got me thinking, for people who get the non expire tickets or any tickets for that matter ever lose/ misplace them? Did you have to buy new tickets or were you lucky enough to find them?

I figured with people who get non expire tickets they may save the unused days for months or years before they need them for another trip so it would be easier to misplace them.

chrisb26
04-17-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure about people losing their tickets long after they purchased them with the no expire option. But I know that for people that lose them in the parks if they have their receipt they are able to get a new one. I'm sure if you have your receipt for ones that you bought long ago they would also be able to replace them since they can look them up. Not sure if it works the same way with a credit card but I know if you have your receipt then they can get you a new ticket. So I would recommend keeping the receipt in a safe place just in case you do ever lose your tickets.

Figment104
04-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Funny you should write about this topic. My dad always used to by the 4 or 5 day park hopper way back when the tickets didn't expire and then we'd use one day a year for 4 or 5 years. Not a bady system so long as you remember where you put them from year to year. Well, just the other day he was cleaning out some old files (he keeps everything) and stumbled across some old tickets with days still left on them from the late 80's early 90's. These are the tickets where they used to stamp the date on them by hand for every day used. His reaction was just too funny. Now he's trying to convince my mom that they need to take a trip down there since he's got a couple of days to use up on them. Granted he'd still have to purchase the rest of the days they would need, but he'll use any excuse to try and get to WDW :mickey::plot:

Tygger7
04-17-2009, 12:57 PM
A good piece of advice is to make photo copies of the front & back of your ticket, and keep the copy with your receipt in a safe place. Disney does not have to replace lost tickets, however if you have the receipt and a copy, you have a much better chance of getting a replacement.

KylesMom
04-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm always fearful of this with our A/Ps. I always scan the back our three passes so if something did happen to them, I could get replacement A/Ps.

As far as where I keep them, I have a small business folio I keep our frequent flier cards, National rental card, Disney Reward Card, Dining Experience card, etcetera in. Impossible to misplace since the folio always stays in the same place . . .

I've lost my A/P once or twice in the MK . . . we just went to Guest Relations & showed them one of our other passes & my DL. They were able to look it up & reprint one right there for me.

Cam'sMom
04-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Last October we misplaced my son's park ticket. We went to guest relations at Epcot and explained the situation. We had to show my card and give her our hotel name and number. The lady was very nice and printed out another key to the kingdom card for him. She even gave him to coupons for free icecream!

Hull-onian
04-17-2009, 01:48 PM
When I ordered my park tickets, I received a voucher with the tickets. I did lose my tickets in our hotel room. That being said, I had my letter and they replaced all of them.

Dopey's Girl
04-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I lost a ticket once, but I had my reciept, and Guest Services got me a new ticket with all the same options within a few seconds. Now when I travel, I just make srue that the reciept isn't in the same place as the pass!

Daisy'sMom
04-17-2009, 05:04 PM
My DH lost his AP a few years back. We were on our way to Disney for the day and I asked him if he had it. He said he always keeps it in his wallet, ok. When we arrived, he did not have it. Guest Services replaced it for us. No problem.:mickey:

I just wish they would give us something other than paper, like Universal's AP. Your photo is on the back, it's like the keys to the kingdom card.

Meteora
04-18-2009, 11:47 AM
We're in the habit of doing tickets with the no-expiration option, and we're always very careful about where we keep our tickets for the very reason that it would be so easy to misplace them. We keep them with our passports.

Giggy
04-18-2009, 05:36 PM
For me the main worry has always been that the paper/card tickets always look flimsy and easily damaged. They could be tougher than they look but I always feel nervous handling them. :confused:

Kerry823
04-18-2009, 09:41 PM
NO LIE....my 49 year old sister lost her ticket within an hour of purchasing it at the front desk of POP. I wanted to smack her! Anyway, because we bought it when we checked in, they deactivated her lost ticket and gave her a new one. Apparently, it happens all the time. They weren't even phased.

wishiniwasthere
04-19-2009, 09:14 AM
I never really lost my tickets but I did have a crazy thing happen to me. We were walking across the little bridge over the lagoon near the Crystal Palace. We had just gotten to the park, and I went to put my plastic ticket to the world in my wallet. I dropped it, and it bounced right into the lagoon. AAAAHHH!!! We all watched as it slowly sank in the water. I went back to guest relations and they printed me out another.