PDA

View Full Version : still no luck with 'Ohana, need another option

svarhall07
04-17-2009, 03:42 AM
I know you all will have some great suggestions for my dilemma. So, I posted a couple of days ago about not being able to get dinner ressies at 'Ohana on May 13th. They are now completely booked solid :confused: So I need a new plan. Just some info, its me (21 college student) and my grandmother, we are going to the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival. We will be in EPCOT all day on the 13th, so we want to get away to a resort to relax for dinner. We are already eating at Boma, so that is out. I have eaten at sooo many resort restaurants, so I want something special. I really wanted a themed dinning experience, much like Boma and 'Ohana. We really don't want to spend more than about $75 for dinner, so a signature could work but we'd have to stick to entrees and drinks only. Please help. What do you suggest? I've thought about the usual Cali Grill or Kona, but we really wanted something more themed. Any suggestions?

SBETigg
04-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge looks amazing. Everything is so well themed at the AKL. There's also Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. Cape May Cafe has the clambake buffet at the Beach Club.

I love the Grand Floridian Cafe, but it's not much on the theming that you're looking for. California Grill, also not big on the theming, but oh those breathtaking views!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Have you thought about staying in Epcot, and eating at one of the World Showcase restaurants? They aren't out of the park, but they are well-themed, offer some great food, and other than Bietergarten, they can be fairly quiet and give a nice break from the parks.

Otherwise, since you'll be at Epcot, have you thought of heading over to the Boardwalk? Spoodles or the Fling Fish are options!

Enjoy your trip, we'll be there May 13th too...celebrating DD's 11th b-day :mickey:

Adambomb85
04-17-2009, 09:06 AM
I would agree with heading to the Boardwalk and Spoodles is stellar as is Flying Fish. Afterward you can enjoy the atmosphere of the Boardwalk with your grandmother. Another option may be the California Grill. Although not necessarily thematic and a bit of a ride at the Contemporary, it is a wonderful place to dine!

sassy2000
04-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL has great food and is a fun place to eat. There is alot of fun interaction between customers and the CMs.

Hull-onian
04-17-2009, 12:14 PM
You can have a superb dinner at the Maya Grill over at Coronado Spring Resort. My nephew, who is a chef in his own right, swears on a stack of bibles that the Maya Grill is excellent. That is another option for you. Don't worry, you will not go hungry, for sure.:mickey:

Disnamic Duo
04-17-2009, 03:37 PM
As far as themed restaurants in resorts go, I think you've pretty much covered it with the Poly & AKL ones. Could you possibly try something in another park (if you don't want to stay at EPCOT)? Do you have park hopper passes?

I think the theme in the HBD at DHS is really neat. Your grandmother might especially enjoy it, since it has a lot of old time actors. It's a really nice place, the food and service are great, and my wife and I always have a relaxing time there.

At DAK, although we haven't eaten there yet, the Yak & Yeti looks like it has a really neat theme.

i'm grumpy
04-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Chef Mickey's? :D

dancin Disney style
04-17-2009, 07:49 PM
I have to agree that the AK and POLY have the themed restaurants. I think next to that would be Cape May Cafe. If you are wanting to be served how about the Captain's Grill ?

DANAM
04-18-2009, 07:18 PM
What about Teppan Edo in Epcot. I know it may be booked but that is really nice. There's no hush and you get a show. Maybe not as nice as 'Ohana's but it's not your boring meal.

Keep trying for 'Ohana's you never know what will happen.

Sorry I misread your post. You were looking to get away from Epcot. What about Whispering Canyon in WL?

Kairi_7378
04-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Have you tried Kona? Grand Floridian Cafe may also work for you. Just walking in and around the Grand Floridian is an experience.

If you can park hop, the Brown Derby has a nice atmosphere. Another good option would be Artist's Point at WL.

ChewyStriker
04-21-2009, 09:21 AM
I'd also suggest Kona at the Poly. We've done both it and Ohana and actually prefer Kona. Make sure you try the torte if you break down and decide to get dessert. Otherwise, we loved the coconut chicken and the sirloin. Service and atmosphere were wonderful as well. We'll definitely return to this one.

Nini5055
04-21-2009, 10:39 AM
There is also Narcoosees at the Grand Floridian...you can make your ADR for later and watch the water parade.

Let us know what you decide!:mickey:

diz_girl
04-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Another vote for the Grand Floridian Cafe if you want to keep within your budget. It might be up your grandmother's alley. You can also walk around the GF grounds before and after dinner. Although I also love Narcoossee's, it will probably put you over your $75 budget.

Minnie4me
04-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Is the 13th the only date you can go?