PDA

View Full Version : The Big ADR list for August... what do you think?

TikiGoddess
04-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Well, folks, it's getting close to 90 days for us... our August trip is coming!

I emailed my travel agent all of our dining wishes today. We have 7 nights on the dining plan with the contest package we won... hoping to put it to good use!

Mon Aug 10: Sci Fi for dinner (I know... the food is not great... but we're going for the theming)
Tues Aug 11: Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch(for my princess DD4)
Weds Aug 12: California Grill for dinner
Thurs Aug 13: Chef Mickey's for lunch
Fri Aug 14: Tokyo Dining for dinner without kids (mmm... sushi...)
Sat Aug 15: Crystal Palace for breakfast, T Rex for dinner (for DD6, the dino lover)
Sun Aug 16: Hoop de doo!!
Mon Aug 17: possible dinner with hubby... not sure, hoping for V&A's or Jiko.
Tues Aug 18: Tusker House for breakfast

Any thoughts or comments on these restaurants? The only ones we've been to recently are Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. Everything else is new.

My only concern is that we'll be spending a lot of time at sit-down restaurants. My husband says he'll like it as we get to sit down out of the heat... and we'll have plenty of time to tour the parks as we're staying for 10 days. Our girls are 4 and 6, so food is not a huge priority for them... but the character meals and places like Sci Fi should interest them.

Kathy

zcrsdad
04-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Be aware that some of the restaurants you chose require 2 TS credits (HDD and CRT).

the other micki
04-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Those look great! In fact, we'll be eating at some of the same places on our upcoming trip. One thing, though...I'm pretty sure Chef Mickey's doesn't serve lunch, but you may be eating a late breakfast and counting it as lunch. Have a wonderful trip! Make sure to write trip reports when you get back, because from what I remember, you write the best reports!

TikiGoddess
04-16-2009, 11:00 PM
One thing, though...I'm pretty sure Chef Mickey's doesn't serve lunch, but you may be eating a late breakfast and counting it as lunch.

D'OH! Thanks for catching that. I totally forgot that there's no lunch there... Hmm... will have to rethink that.

Kathy

Kairi_7378
04-16-2009, 11:04 PM
It sounds like a great set of dining choices to go with your special trip!

svarhall07
04-17-2009, 03:35 AM
everything looks great! I would recommend Jiko over VandAs. The menu at Jiko is so delicious and the theme is brought out everywhere from the resort to the spices to the wines. VandAs, although I've never eaten there and have no interest in eating there, seems so stuffy and overdone that I wouldn't even enjoy the food. Jiko is wonderful. I'll only be there for 3 days this time, but I always eat there if I have time. Everything else looks awesome too, you will love the Hoop de Doo review and California Grill. have a blast!

SBETigg
04-17-2009, 07:26 AM
I would switch Sci Fi to lunch instead of taking a chance on dinner, but it is a fun place and I'm sure you will enjoy the atmosphere. I liked the lunch food. Otherwise, everything looks great!

yjgirl32
04-17-2009, 09:08 AM
We will be trying some of the same places for our trip in Sept. Be sure and report back. Have a great trip.

Hull-onian
04-17-2009, 12:28 PM

I would change my breakfast at Tusker House, to the Rainforest Cafe right at the front of Animal Kingdom Park, for a number of reasons. They have excellent coffee :mcoffee:, their breakfast choices are really good. It is not that busy a place. We just love it there. You need to make ressies directly to RFC. We also get a ten percent discount on our check because we belong to the RFC club. It isn't that expensive to join.

V&A's will cost you an arm and a leg. I would go with Jiko at the AKL. CRT and Hoop Dee Doo Revue are very expensive as well. Have your credit card ready when booking those two, as they must be paid for in advance. Give us some feed back.

I looked at all your other dining plans, you made very wise choices.

TikiGoddess
04-17-2009, 01:51 PM
I would change my breakfast at Tusker House, to the Rainforest Cafe right at the front of Animal Kingdom Park, for a number of reasons.

V&A's will cost you an arm and a leg. I would go with Jiko at the AKL. CRT and Hoop Dee Doo Revue are very expensive as well. Have your credit card ready when booking those two, as they must be paid for in advance. Give us some feed back.

I looked at all your other dining plans, you made very wise choices.

Thanks! We chose Tusker House based on some really good reviews and the fact that it's a character meal. (I love Mickey :mickey:) Plus we'll be able to get in the park before opening. We do have a Rainforest Cafe close to us so going there isn't as special to us.

We've already made some changes -- here's the new schedule:

Mon Aug 10: Sci Fi for dinner (I know... the food is not great... but we're going for the theming)
Tues Aug 11: Chef Mickey's for breakfast
Weds Aug 12: Tokyo Dining for dinner
Thurs Aug 13: Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch(for my princess DD4)
Fri Aug 14: California Grill for dinner
Sat Aug 15: Crystal Palace for breakfast, T Rex for dinner (for DD6, the dino lover)
Sun Aug 16: Hoop de doo!!
Mon Aug 17: possible dinner with hubby... not sure, hoping for V&A's or Jiko.

When I won the trip, our travel agent told us that they wanted to know what our dream trip would be, and they would try hard to include any 'wishes' we had. So my wish is for dinner out with my husband -- at either V&A or Jiko. We'll see what happens... not sure I'll know if/where we're going out until we get there! :)

Kathy

Nicki'sMom
04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I think you have made some really GREAT choices here. You're going to have such a blast!:minnie:

TikiGoddess
05-11-2009, 10:55 PM
It's starting (just starting) to dawn on me that we're actually GOING on this trip! It's been a wonderful time planning... and now one more piece of the puzzle is in place. Big thanks to my travel agent Annette for taking care of this for us!

Here we go! What we have so far, if anyone is interested...

Monday, Aug 10: Sci-Fi Dine In at 5:20pm
Tuesday, Aug 11th: Chef Mickey's at 7:05am
(Wednesday, Aug 12th): Tokyo Dining (with Lou Mongello)
Thursday, Aug 13th: Cinderella's Royal Table at 12:05pm (with Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for the girls beforehand!)
Friday, Aug 14th: California Grill at 5:50pm
Saturday, Aug 15: Crystal Palace at 8:05am (nothing beats walking down an empty Main Street before the park opens...)
Sunday, Aug 16: Hoop de doo at 5pm (Category 1)
(Tuesday, Aug 18): Tusker House breakfast

We're still waiting on confirmation for BBB, Tokyo Dining, and Tusker House. It seems like a lot of dining to me, but then again, we've never stayed at WDW this long before. Our last trip I think we had 2 ADRs total!

Haven't heard any news on a possible date night with my hubby... guess I'll have to wait and see. :secret:

The other good news is that Tim's brother and his family will be joining us for part of the trip. Chris, Mary Jo, Sean (17), Connor (12), and Kalli (5) will be at WDW from Tues evening until Friday night. Tim's mom, Nora, and brother Jay might also be there at the same time. Kalli will be coming to the Castle lunch (and BBB) -- can't wait to see all the girls in their glory!

Kathy

PixieMagic
05-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Sounds amazing and as far as spending time at sit down restaurants vs in the parks...

1) as you said you have 10 days!
2) part of the restaurant experience is Disney-esque!
3) getting out of the August heat is a must!!

HAVE FUN!!! :cloud9: