PDA

View Full Version : Something weird just happened!

Boojum
04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
My older DD is in the Magic Kingdom as I type this--she's on a trip with her school show choir.

I just got a voice recording from a cell phone number I didn't recognize, but it was of my daughter and her friends riding on Splash Mountain. The strange number had a 315 area code. I sent a reply text to this number, asking if they were having fun. I thought maybe she had borrowed someone's phone to send the recording.

DD then texted me from her own cell phone number, asking me if I got the recording. I told her I got it, but it wasn't from her phone. She replied that she had sent the recording from her own phone.

Then, the unknown cell number person started texting me back, asking who I was and telling me they'd never sent a voice recording. I looked up the area code, 315, which turns out to be Syracuse! My daughter's phone is a 256 number, which is north Alabama.

Are there so many cell phone signals floating around WDW that they sometimes get crossed?? Weird, weird, weird!!

Mousemates
04-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Weird, weird, weird!!

Your right...that is weird!

Dulcee
04-16-2009, 04:55 PM
I've had that happen before. I saw my DBF later in the day and he wanted to know why I hadn't answered his calls all day. When I listened to two voice mails I had gotten that day they were from him but listed as coming from a very different phone number that was out of state... odd.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-16-2009, 06:28 PM
It is strange that it picked up another actual number, but we've had things like that many times, especially when roaming the number doesn't always show up!

CaptSmee
04-16-2009, 09:48 PM
315 is indeed Syracuse, NY. I live here. Don't know how the satelites got crossed.:confused:

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Now if she had been on TOT it would be understandable since that would be in The Twilight Zone ;)

tinkerddeedee
04-17-2009, 09:57 AM
I second, or third, that 315 is Syracuse! I live just south of there!

do do do do do do do do..........(phsyco music in the background:confused:)

dreamfinder55
04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Something like that happened to me this morning. Someone left me a voicemail that they left the house key on the kitchen table and it came from a 904 area code (Jacksonville, FL). I live in Southwest Georgia, 229 area code. I have been getting alot of strange calls lately.

Gooftroop5
04-17-2009, 05:18 PM
We live in the 315 area code too. My Dh had somthing similar happen. He was getting text messages from some girl who was sending some pretty Xrated stuff to some guy she wanted in a night club. We just figured the number bounced off a tower & got crossed. We didn't recognize the number & it didn't start until we were at Disney. On our way home from Disney I got tired of them. What if my DD got a hold of dh's phone before he did & read them. I text her thinking maybe she didn't realize she had the wrong number or some guy was playing a game by giving her the wrong number. Come to find out the girl lived in the NYC area. Of course she didn't believe me that she had the wrong phone she thought I was the guys girlfriend. She told me in no certain terms she was going to get the guy. I told her she could have DH he comes with 3 children. That was the last we heard from her that night. Once & a great while dh still gets a text message from her. Saying hey "John" or whatever the guy she is trying to talk to. He ignores & deletes them. Good thing we are on a texting plan & obviously she is on verizon too. He hasn't had one for a long long time.

sisterdisco
04-17-2009, 09:28 PM
We live in Syracuse, (315) area code, and I have been getting weird area code #'s to my cell, and my son's cell rang at 3am the other night. I was ready to strangle which ever friend of his who was calling, but it was some bizzare #. We are on Verizon too!

TeamJonasSister
04-18-2009, 08:50 AM
That is weird.

pixiesmimi
04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Must be a Verizon thing or something with the NY cell phone tower messing everything up. That is weird!

Kerry823
04-18-2009, 09:38 PM
We are in the 315 area code as well, but about 80 miles north of Syracuse. 315 covers a huge geographic area in upstate NY. It goes about 100 miles North of us as well. Also, we have Fort Drum Army Base here so that means a lot of mobile people with their cell phones with the 315 area code. Sounds weird!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-18-2009, 10:28 PM
I've had a friend of mine call me on his cell phone & it would come up with Florida (or some other state) as the name and a strange # as well. I thought it was because it was a pay as you go phone, but maybe not.