PDA

View Full Version : Best transportation strategies from Yatch Club to Parks

Steveo5c
04-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi all,
Our family (2 adults + 3 kids ages 11,9 and 5) is travelling to Disney World for the first time on the 27th and we are staying at the Yacht Club hotel. Can anyone tell me what you found to be the best approaches to travel from the Yatch Club to the various parks (MK,AK,DHS,water parks). As I understand it Epcot (International Gateway) is within walking distance but I would like to know any tips you can give for transportation. Thanks

MidnTPK
04-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Epcot: walk or take boat. No bus option. Walking usually faster.

DHS: walk or take boat. No bus option. walk is long, but nice and peacful along the canal. Unless you walk very fast or run, it won't save time versus boat.

MK: If Epcot is open, you can walk through the park, get on the monorail to the TTC, then take transport form TTC to the MK, but this method does not save any time. The bus is the best option because it drops you off at the front of the MK.

Everywhere else: the bus.

playdead88
04-16-2009, 07:11 PM
walk to epcot

boat to dhs - at times it can be crowded and take about 30 min but its a nice boat ride

bus to everywhere else

OR you could walk to epcot and pick up a monorail to mk - my kids love the monorail and if you're not pressed for time its something different

doodleboy
04-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Boat to DHS is a toss up. We prefer to walk, and if we just missed boat we usually beat the next one to DHS. We cut through pool at Boardwalk, but we always start at Beach Club Villas. Not sure if that is good cut through for Yacht Club.

Epcot is a no brainer.

We always have a car, so don't really ride the buses yet. Kind of a pain with two strollers right now. Not to mention the backpacks and other junk we carry in bottom of strollers. In fact I would rather walk from back of parking lots than ride the parking shuttle to gates. All of the extra walking helps me compensate for the Mickey ice cream bars. :thumbsup:

brownie
04-17-2009, 09:37 AM
If Epcot is open later than Magic Kingdom, you can take the monorail back to Epcot and walk back to the Yacht Club. I liked to work in a monorail ride even if it's not saving me any time.

MidnTPK
04-17-2009, 11:04 AM
OR you could walk to epcot and pick up a monorail to mk - my kids love the monorail and if you're not pressed for time its something different

If Epcot is open later than Magic Kingdom, you can take the monorail back to Epcot and walk back to the Yacht Club. I liked to work in a monorail ride even if it's not saving me any time.

I just used Google's Pedometer to see how far it is from the Epcot monorail station to the YC: 0.97 miles.

ThanxForNoticin
04-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I think it's pretty simple, for the most part. Walk/boat from YC to EPCOT and DHS. Bus to MK, AK, DTD and water parks.

If you want to get a monorail ride, the options listed above for MK will work, but until you walk a mile through EPCOT to the monorail station, then take the monorail to TTC, change monorails, and then go to MK, it's going to take a lot more time. The buses can seem inefficient at times, but the MK bus will drop you off very close to the park entrance, which is a big plus.

Have a great trip!