PDA

View Full Version : Why are there a few low crowd days late April?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
The crowd calendar sites have the parks pretty much at an 8 or 9 level (out of 10) for the next several weeks. That is, with the exception of Monday April 27 - Wednesday April 29, which are at level 5. Thursday, April 30 is a 6, and then the level pops right back up to 8/9.

Why is it that those few days at the end of April are low crowd days, but virtually every day around it is a high attendance day?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
04-17-2009, 10:46 AM
No speculation on this at all, huh?

Boojum
04-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Well, right now, there are many show choirs and concert choirs there for competition. Don't know that they are making up massive crowds, but I do know there are many types of school competitions in Orlando this time of year.

the other micki
04-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Not sure why...but happy there are! We'll be there on those days! Perhaps many people just thought to avoid all of April because of spring breaks/Easter and assumed May would be the safer bet. We were originally set to go first week in May; then, we thought my DB's law school graduation was May 9th, so we changed our dates to the last week in April. It ended up, his graduation is May 16th, but we're just keeping our dates. I'm skeptical, though, that May will really be that busy.

CaptSmee
04-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Spring Breaks are over and kids return to school, that's why. That's also why we are going that week!

BigWes6
04-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Thats why we go at that time ! Its so awesome !

The Abiding Dude
04-18-2009, 10:30 AM
The crowd calendar sites have the parks pretty much at an 8 or 9 level (out of 10) for the next several weeks. That is, with the exception of Monday April 27 - Wednesday April 29, which are at level 5. Thursday, April 30 is a 6, and then the level pops right back up to 8/9.

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:secret:

wishiniwasthere
04-19-2009, 09:48 AM

Why is it that those few days at the end of April are low crowd days, but virtually every day around it is a high attendance day?

Where would one find these "Crowd calendar sites?"

like2workout
04-20-2009, 08:59 AM
i went during the time frame you are talking about 3 years ago and felt like i almost had the parks to myself. several cast members told me if i had been the week prior it was a madhouse, but with spring breaks all over by the last week of april, there is usually a quiet spell.