PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Overload!

ryca1dreams
04-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Now before everyone bows up on me - I actually like MNSSHP. However, I noticed that this year it goes on for 2 MONTHS!!!. That means from the beginning of September to November, MK will be decorated with pumpkins and hay and orange crepe paper...all for a fairly insignificant holiday.

Yes, you can try to justify that it is for "fall", but we all know that there is no Mickey's Fall Party. They decorate it for Halloween. Also, it's not even technically fall until September 21st.

Again...love the parade, but can't we limit it to maybe 1 month or extend it more into November and leave September to the summer?

cmsizzlin
04-16-2009, 08:30 AM
We were there in 08 one week before halloween and I loved the decorations, it did not change any of the magic it added to it. We even went to sea world and they were decked out for the holiday.

BMan62
04-16-2009, 08:35 AM
You don't understand...It's all about the Benjamins!!! They can, and do, charge extra for an 'after hours' party and people buy the tickets. As long as the tickets keep selling, there is no reason to cut back, and every reason to extend/add dates.

BugeyedMuggy
04-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Insignificant Holiday???!!!!!!!! Halloween is my favorite one. We go to Disney not just for the W&FF but each time we hit the MNSSHP also. They seem to get more crowded each year so having extra ones only adds to the fun. If you don't want to dish out the extra $$$$ you can always go to another park. That's the magic of Disney.

dancin Disney style
04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
I kind of agree with the OP but we really want to try either the MNSSHP or MVMCP. It helps us that it starts in September because we are trying to plan a trip for the end of August. It might be kind of weird to see fall/halloween decor at that time of year. I live in the north so we try to extend the summer as far as possible.

Ms. Darling
04-16-2009, 10:00 AM
I love it, too. The longer MNSSHP runs, the more Disney fans get the chance to put on their Mickey Ears and see it! :mickey:

DANAM
04-16-2009, 12:30 PM
We loved MNSSHP! I don't mind it being 2 months long. Gives you a better chance of catching it.

CanadianWDWFan
04-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Count me as part of the group that loves MNSSHP! We usually don't go during traditional holiday times so we typically don't get to go to these events. We went in October 2007 and we all had such a great time.

Our trips are usually taken in the summer months, but this year we are going the last week of August and leaving on Sept. 4th. That is until we found out that MNSSHP's first night is the night we leave! So we just had to extend our trip by one day to catch this. I couldn't think of a better way to end our trip.:mpumpkin:

epceddie
04-16-2009, 01:55 PM
My wife and I are going Nov. 1-9 and we were THRILLED to see that MNSSHP will be held on the first.
We went on a Tuesday the last time we were there in October and liked MNSSHP so much that we bought tickets to go back again on Thursday.
We love the Headless Horseman and the parade is a blast. We got a chance to watch the parade and the fireworks from the second floor of the Railroad Station and it was the absolute highlight of our trip!
Getting a chance to attend another MNSSHP is something that is going to make our November trip even more special.

Daisy'sMom
04-16-2009, 02:15 PM
All of this might be true, but come on....Go to any store 2-3 months before a holiday and what do you get? I really had to laugh when I walked into our local "huge chain store" on Feb 15th and saw the Easter candy out.
Halloween is my son's favorite, has been since he was 2! We always make sure we do MNSSHP. It is the best!:mickey:

Disnamic Duo
04-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I agree with the OP that Halloween is a relatively insignificant holiday...but, I also agree with posters who say MNSSHP is a great event. We've been to it, MVMCP, and a P&P party, and MNSSHP is the best of them. When we went to MNSSHP it was just a few days before Halloween, so I think that made it even better. I'm not sure I'd get in to it as much in Sept?? On the other hand, we usually go to WDW in Nov, and we definately enjoy celebrating Christmas then.

As another poster said, it's really about the $$. If they can get people to pay for the tixx for 2 months, why not?

joonyer
04-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Now before everyone bows up on me - I actually like MNSSHP. However, I noticed that this year it goes on for 2 MONTHS!!!. That means from the beginning of September to November, MK will be decorated with pumpkins and hay and orange crepe paper...all for a fairly insignificant holiday.

Yes, you can try to justify that it is for "fall", but we all know that there is no Mickey's Fall Party. They decorate it for Halloween. Also, it's not even technically fall until September 21st.

Again...love the parade, but can't we limit it to maybe 1 month or extend it more into November and leave September to the summer?

What?? Are you going to be there every day for two months? I can see how that might be holiday overload, but most guests are only at WDW for a week or less.

Or are you a CM? I think I would get Disney overload anytime of year being a CM.

CaptSmee
04-16-2009, 09:49 PM
It's pretty much always run from the end of Sept to the end of Oct. I don't see the problem here...