PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why you will only stay on site?

tinkerddeedee
04-16-2009, 05:12 AM
We've only stayed off site. Our first trip on site is coming in May and I am beside myself!!! :clappy:
Tell me all of the reasons you like to be on site! :vacation:
:mickey2:

dmosher
04-16-2009, 06:26 AM
There is something special about being surrounded by the magic 24/7. When you stay on property, regardless of which resort you are staying in, you are constantly immersed in the Disney world. From turning on your TV first thing in the morning as you get ready for the parks to hearing decidedly Disneyesque music as you walk out your room door. Still want more Disney? walk through your hotel and check out the Disney details in the carpet, wall art, etc (see hidden mickies, etc).
From your resort, grab a bus to the park. Listen to the announcements, check out the trip itself. All of these details make you feel more in the in touch with the Magic from wake up to heading back to your resort.
All of the Disney plussing that goes on and if you are luck you don't really notice it and when you do, it just adds to the magic! Add to that the array of amazing restaurants and food options as well as the ease of having all of your ticket options available at reception as well as having all items purchased in the parks shipped to your room for free and there is no way i would every stay of property again!
:pipes:
D
D

dizne4me
04-16-2009, 06:34 AM
For me, the moment I step on Magical Express--it whisks me away to a magical world. Everything is so convenient. When we used to stay off property, we'd have to wait for everyone to shower, dress, eat and then the drive to WDW - it just seemed like it ate up a good portion of the time you have in the parks. When we stay on property, the family members who want to sleep in - can - and those of us that want to be a rope drop, are there. We can come and go as we please and there are no arguments.
Plus I enjoy all the theming that the resorts have.

playdead88
04-16-2009, 06:42 AM
if i couldn't stay on site i wouldn't go - staying on site is part of the magic - no car, parking, traffic - i leave the real world behind for a week - its magic :mickey:

kakn7294
04-16-2009, 07:57 AM
It is magical being in a Disney resort - the theming at the values is fun, the grounds around the mods and deluxes is beautiful, you are immersed in Disney 24 hrs a day, and if you so choose, you can take Disney transportation everywhere - no driving! My DD recently stayed off-site with her marching band and said that while her room was nice and had queen beds, the bathroom was so small you could barely move (let alone share it among 4 girls!), the pool was just a rectanglar cement hole in the ground, and the daily trudge to their charter buses was worse than waiting for a Disney bus - the only plus was a guaranteed seat when they got to their bus!

BigRedDad
04-16-2009, 07:57 AM
For me, it is whether I am going to WDW or going on vacation. If I am going to WDW, I am going to WDW. If I am going on vacation, I will stay elsewhere.

1. WDW is WDW, not some time share outside or home for rent.
2. Convenience - buses, no parking fees, no driving
3. Disney atmosphere is everywhere
4. You don't have to expect good service, it is complementary. You don't know what you will get outside of WDW

Anyone can argue these, but this is why I stay on property.

KayDee
04-16-2009, 08:03 AM
The main reason we always stay on site is we feel like were in WDW 24/7(which we are). Once were on site there are no worries. Also of course there is the WDW transportation EMH and the wonderful themeing of the resorts. You can also book ADRs at the front desk or even ask for a print out of your ADRs. Little things about your trip are easier when you stay on site. And yes we have stayed offsite before and we certainly felt like tourerists and if we asked what was a good seafood restraunt we got the restraunt that gave the bellman a kick back, when we asked for a cab we got his buddy sorry not for us.

mouseketeer mom
04-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Staying onsite gives you that extra level of being away from it all. There is actually no dealing with the real world at all if you so choose...between DME and the Disney transportation system, and the CM's at the resort and parks...you are completely immersed in the Disney way during your stay. It is :cloud9:

Dsnygirl
04-16-2009, 08:15 AM
:mickey: I'm afraid I can't add much to what the OP's have said, they've pretty much covered it... just to say that we've done both, and totally enjoy staying onsite SO much more! You really feel like you are a part of the magic and a part of Disney from the moment you wake up (to Stich's wake-up call) to when you're going to bed (after hearing "We wish you magical dreams") after you call for your next day's wakeup call. :D

Nothing is perfect... sometimes you have to wait a bit for a bus, sometimes you have to ask for something in your room to be re-done or brought... but always it is done with a smile, with courtesy (okay, usually -- we haven't been one of the unlucky ones who've been the recipient of a surly CM, thankfully) and it is always worth it, b/c you still have all the little things around you that DIsney does so well to immerse you in their world.

When we stayed offsite, we always felt like we were "leaving" when we had to go wait for hotel transportation... then the drive through unfamiliar areas and all the reminders of the outside world and "real life"... and we just found ourselves waiting for the next day, when we could get back within Disney's walls.

I'm sure one day we will travel to Orlando and stay elsewhere -- but that will only be when we are doing things in Orlando that have nothing to do with Disney!

yjgirl32
04-16-2009, 08:24 AM
It just feels right- no traffic to deal with- worrying if you are going the right way- no traffic jams, etc. I don't have to drive to get to the parks. I am emmersed in Disney which is great. The hotel is all about Disney and for the most part most of the cm's go above and beyond. If there's a problem they try to fix it for you and even compensate if your not satisfied. Wonderful experience.

Mousemates
04-16-2009, 08:29 AM
1. Convenience (no driving, no parking, etc)

2. The Immersive Effect (i.e. you feel like your dipped in Disney magic with non stop theming)

3. The Customer Service umbrella - folks at your hotel can help with dinner reservations, tickets issues, general quesitons, etc.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-16-2009, 08:40 AM
There are tons of reasons:

1) You have that Disney experience even when you aren't at the parks...from the time you enter the property you are seeing signs, buses, decor that just keeps making you think, I'm really at Disney World
2) Transportation to and from parks-I hate driving somewhere I'm not familiar with, not to mention the hassle of finding parking and the time you waste when you can hop a bus and be in a park in minutes
3) Extra Magic Hours
4) Cool-themed pools
5) Excellent dining options just a walk away
6) You can peruse gift shops at your resort instead of wasting park time in the park gift shops/of course I still do
7) The resorts have pamplets/time guides handy
8) The front desk will help with ADRs
9) Disney Character Wake UP Calls
10) Wonderful Mousekeeping with towel animals

So many more reasons, but these are just a few:)

mrsgaribaldi
04-16-2009, 08:41 AM
There is something special about being surrounded by the magic 24/7. When you stay on property, regardless of which resort you are staying in, you are constantly immersed in the Disney world. From turning on your TV first thing in the morning as you get ready for the parks to hearing decidedly Disneyesque music as you walk out your room door. Still want more Disney? walk through your hotel and check out the Disney details in the carpet, wall art, etc (see hidden mickies, etc).
From your resort, grab a bus to the park. Listen to the announcements, check out the trip itself. All of these details make you feel more in the in touch with the Magic from wake up to heading back to your resort.
All of the Disney plussing that goes on and if you are luck you don't really notice it and when you do, it just adds to the magic! Add to that the array of amazing restaurants and food options as well as the ease of having all of your ticket options available at reception as well as having all items purchased in the parks shipped to your room for free and there is no way i would every stay of property again!
D
D

same here ;)

paragon
04-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Theres so many little things that make staying on site more enjoyable. As others have said, the theming, the music and all the little details.
Simply being on property makes our vacation that much more enjoyable, we get the feeling of being so far away from the "real world". Even though there are a few signs of the real world, ( McDonalds, Hess, 7/11 etc.) it still feels as if we are in another world.
We always rent a car, so when we are driving around its like we are on an island somewhere.
On site perks like free parking, emh, disney tv and all the rest.

g8rgirl29
04-16-2009, 09:22 AM
There are tons of reasons:

1) You have that Disney experience even when you aren't at the parks...from the time you enter the property you are seeing signs, buses, decor that just keeps making you think, I'm really at Disney World
2) Transportation to and from parks-I hate driving somewhere I'm not familiar with, not to mention the hassle of finding parking and the time you waste when you can hop a bus and be in a park in minutes
3) Extra Magic Hours
4) Cool-themed pools
5) Excellent dining options just a walk away
6) You can peruse gift shops at your resort instead of wasting park time in the park gift shops/of course I still do
7) The resorts have pamplets/time guides handy
8) The front desk will help with ADRs
9) Disney Character Wake UP Calls
10) Wonderful Mousekeeping with towel animals

So many more reasons, but these are just a few:)

:cloud9:Ditto!! Oh and my DD loves the wonderful balloons she gets when we check in!! It is just a special feeling to be there 24/7!!:party2:

GottaLvDisney
04-16-2009, 09:29 AM
I've only been once, but that was alll it took to be hooked! We were going to stay off site this year and I thought I'd still be just as excited, but as it got closer I was so disappointed when I started thinking about all we'd be missing out on.

We still prefer to drive our own car, but like several PPs said that 24hr Disney magic is wonderful, not to mention all the other benefits (EMH, cool pools, customer service, towel animals, etc.)

Thank goodness for free dining this year b/c DH is strictly a numbers man and we'll be on property after all come September! Hopefully after this trip he'll be hooked too, and all my lobbying for a yearly on property trip will pay off :) :mickey:

CzepielCrew
04-16-2009, 09:46 AM
It is definitely the magic! I love the idea that once you leave the parks, the Disney magic stays with you all the way to your room. It is great hardly having to use your car. It also makes you feel like you are in a different world altogether. I have stayed in Disney without and with my children. It was great staying on property both times I have gone. I know that I would not enjoy the experience as much if I was forced to stay off property. I would have to be forced!

brownie
04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
There are other places to stay?;)

I like being close to the parks, the theming and service, and access to transportation if I need it.

TheVBs
04-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Can't think of anything to add. Just have to jump in on how wonderful it is being immersed in the experience, the convenience of everything, and if the kids get exhausted halfway through the day and we have to go back to the hotel, we're still in Disney and love being in the pool, looking in the gift shop, getting a pizza from the food court, etc. :mickey:

Friend of Figment
04-16-2009, 11:24 AM
In addition to being in the Disney bubble, there are some little perks that make your stay easier. I love being able to charge to my room or use the DP so I don't have to carry a purse. Being able to have bags sent to my resort is also great. We normally stay at the Contemporary (and now we own at BLT) so having the monorail at my door is lovely too.

DANAM
04-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Our top five for satying on property are:
1. Convenience (no parking fee, everything you need is on property)
2. EMH I know some people don't like EMH because its over crowded but we have never had that problem
3. Disney Dining Plan we like the fact that everything is paid for when we get there.
4. Everything is on 1 card. You don't have to try to keep up this room keys, credit cards, park passes, ect.
5. It's Disney what could be better. There is no place like it!!!!

caryrae
04-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Don't know if it was mentioned but another great service for staying on-site is if you buy something at the Parks or DTD you can have you purchase sent to your Resort for free.

They do still do this right?

TheVBs
04-16-2009, 11:33 AM
They do still offer that. It's great! :)

lockedoutlogic
04-16-2009, 12:38 PM
there are many nice resorts in orlando.....

but staying in WDW....if your goal is to spend a large portion of your time in WDW.....is just simply better

there are too many reasons to list them all:mickey:

BMan62
04-16-2009, 01:27 PM
there are many nice resorts in orlando.....

but staying in WDW....if your goal is to spend a large portion of your time in WDW.....is just simply better

there are too many reasons to list them all:mickey:

Agreed!

We go to the Orlando area to visit WDW, we do not have the need or want to spend time at Universal. (Although, we would like to do SeaWorld sometime, but that will probably be a day trip on a cruise.)

We take advantage of 1) not having to have a vehicle and deal with traffic, 2) EMH (specially mornings,) 3) atmosphere - total immersion in Disney. For us, this makes for a stress free vacation.

buzznwoodysmom
04-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Our first 3 trips we took we stayed offsite, but once we stayed onsite there was no turning back. LOL. I can't really put my finger on one reaon, its just different, it just makes our trips so much more special. When we stayed offsite I felt like our vacation was just about going to a theme park. But when we stay onsite it feels like a complete experience, not just a theme park vacation. If I had a choice of a trip to WDW staying offsite or waiting to go at a different time and stay onsite, I'd wait. I can't ever see us going to WDW and staying offsite again. I think you're going to love it.

Lisaj13
04-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Why I like staying on-site:

1. The buses. At home I drive a lot of people a lot of places. On vacation it's so nice to leave that hassle to someone else. Also, I have a rotten sense of direction!
2. You're close. If it's hot or crowded we like to hop on the bus and head back to our room. A break at the pool restores everyones mood. After all, you're only as fast or as happy as your group's slowest or crankiest person.
3. Help. We've always found the staff to be very helpful whenever we had a Disney question.

Overall I'm sure that we could be happy at an off-site hotel as well.

TiggerD
04-16-2009, 02:26 PM
We stayed off site only twice and then we stayed onsite and have been doing so ever since. 16 trips so far and another in September. It is easier, no rental car, use of DISNEY Express, and the busses to and from the parks. You are amongst the Disney Magic the entire time.

You will enjoy your trip.:mickey:

4ubie1
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I have had the opportunity to have stayed both on and off site and I have to say it is worth the extra $$ to stay on site. You never leave the magic that is WDW when you are on site. You never have to visit reality which is one of my favorite aspects of WDW. It is one of the few places you can go where you can feel everything is right with the world....even when it isnt. When you stay on site, the :tink: Disney magic follows you from the parks to your resort. Not knocking all the fine resorts near WDW, but there is something unique about the WDW resorts...something that sets them apart. Even my very practical parents balk at the idea of staying somewhere off site. That is the power WDW has. :D

scootch713
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
To me, time is money... .thus we even splurge on a MK area resort as I have two small girls and we spend the majority of our time at MK.

deedeenmickey
04-16-2009, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't say I would not go if I couldn't stay on site. But I definately prefer staying onsite. The ease of transportation and the never ending magical feeling are why.

Hull-onian
04-16-2009, 04:41 PM
It's wonderful. Why be anywhere else?:cloud9:

cjdami
04-16-2009, 05:36 PM
All of the reasons above. And DH came up with another, the hassle, of not haveing to worry about anything! It's all there, pacakge delivery back to yoru resort, the dining packages, towel animals, are so cute and fun! The customer service, not that is has always been perfect, and no matter which park we were at, overall we were treated wonderfully!! As crazy as vacation can be to cram everything in you walk into your resort and it's like you are home for the time you are staying there! We love the convience of getting picked up at the airport, either by ME or a car service, and getting wisked away, to a magical place where the outside world just kinda melts away! Once you stay onsite I don't think you can go back to offsite. Now I'm sure there are those who would disagree with me, and that's Ok too!!
Enjoy your stay onsite and don't look back!!

Love of Disney
04-16-2009, 09:26 PM
1) The Disney experience
2) Convenience
:cool:

SandmanGStefani24
04-16-2009, 10:45 PM
for me, it wasn't anything I got until I stayed offsite one time. I felt like I was on the outside looking in. It was nowhere near as good as it was staying on WDW property. So, here's what I've come up with.
1. WDW hotels are held to a somewhat higher standard. You can certianly have good and bad at any resort, but I feel more like someone cares to make your stay better.
2. It's not like staying in the parks, but it's close!
3. I feel safer on property, not so much for me, but for family and leaving the rental car at night...
4. Free parking at the parks!
5. A lot of people kinda knock the food courts for being pricey, but I love having food close by, and I love having the little bars for a drink or two.
6. Something else I just can't put into words. It's just plain better.

garymacd
04-16-2009, 11:37 PM
They tell me my job is stressful, but after doing it for almost 30 years, I don't feel it, anymore (Gosh, I am a good liar). However, couple that with running my own business over the past 20 years which is taking up more of my time that even I can believe, I find my time to do all the nothing I want is very limited.

When I get to WDW, I don't want to do anything more than is abosutely necessary - like drive us to the park or rely on a once-in-a-while bus service.

I like to turn my mind off and just relax without worrying about the state of the world. When we are at our resort - OKW in 21 days - I don't want to see a newspaper or watch the news on TV. Staying on-site allows me to do all this and more - or is it less?

As it stands right now, I have been working almost ever day for the past month and a half and I am working almost every day until we leave. I will come home from nightshift, load the cars and away we go.

Here's hoping it's a quiet night. I can't wait to do nothing, except revel in the fact that all my hard work has helped give my family and sundry nieces and boyfriends a trip to remember.

It's no wonder when we get to Florida, I want to stay on site and be pampered for the entire trip.

Belster
04-16-2009, 11:43 PM
For us it is simple: Staying on site is like going to another world. I feel as great when I am on site as when I go on a Sandals vacation with my husband. We feel like we are far, far away just for that short week. It is truly amazing.

TikiLounger
04-17-2009, 08:14 AM
I really can't add any reasons to the list...everyone before me has done such a great job describing the magic of staying on site. I will add that we did stay off site...just once. We'll never make that mistake again. At the end of a long, tiring, wonderful Disney day, nothing beats hoping on the monorail, boat, or bus and knowing the magic isn't going to end (until the flight home).:mickey:

SBETigg
04-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Once you've done both, you understand the difference. It clicks immediately. Everyone else has described it perfectly.

It's more than just the extras you get from staying on-site, like EMH and Disney transportation, it's just the feeling of being in this wonderful world of Disney. The real world completely fades away and you're in this magical, beautiful place where everything is happy and right all the time. It's surreal. I love that feeling!

tinkerddeedee
04-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Among everything you all have said, I REALLY can't wait to have my packages sent to our hotel!!!!! This really does SCREAM magic to me!!!! :thumbsup::mickey:

blondeinbrandon
04-17-2009, 12:29 PM
We stay on property for all the wonderful reasons listed above, but also for me. I have health issues that only allow me about 1/2 a day in a park. While we are on property I can leave DH and both DSs and go nap when I need too. Also DH can take one of the boys in the evening back to see or do anything they want and I can relax and watch a movie. Very nice!
We get asked a lot why we stay (we live less than an hour away) but really it's so nice to let Disney do the Driving as it were.
:cloud9:

GrmGrninGost
04-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Plain and simple. The Disney magic! You are surrounded by it 24/7. There is nothing like it! We park our vehicle upon arrival and usually don't touch it until we depart. We only eat at Disney places, only shop at Disney places, we don't see the real road signs, heck, we don't even see the real world for 9 or 10 days! At this point, I would rather not go to WDW if I had to stay off site. (Fortunately, there are enough WDW resorts that this is not a problem!) All in all, it turns a great experience into a lifelong memory! :mickey:

Tinksalot
04-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Location, Location Location! And I like feeling the "Magic" while I stay there. :mickey:

pianobabe
04-17-2009, 09:01 PM
When I first started taking DS to WDW, I was a single mom. I felt a lot safer staying on property. WDW would take care of everything we needed. They did the driving, so I didn't have to worry about finding my way on unfamiliar roads. For me the bonus was being surronded by the Disney magic 24/7.
Circumstances have changed and now it is my DH and I that go. As long as I have the opportunity to stay on property, that is where I will be.

2Epcot
04-17-2009, 09:34 PM
The first two visits we stayed off site, and those were also the last two times we stayed off site. Since then, every trip has been at Disney. For me it just completes the magical experience. Even if I rent a car, which I do sometimes especially if we're going to the Space Center or somewhere else on a trip, it is still so much better to be right next to the resorts. We also enjoy staying some place new on every trip. Even if I can afford a resort for the entire trip, we will do at least a couple of days in a new resort each time. Imagineering put so much work into all the resort they are just as fun to explore as the parks sometimes.

RedSoxFan
04-17-2009, 09:51 PM
For us: staying on Disney property is part of the Disney experience. I can't even imagine staying off site and arranging for transportation to/from the parks. I love the convenience to get on the bus and go where we want and we like to park hop so it's a big plus.

marlaine
04-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Number 1 reason: convenience! I feel so special! It really feels like an extravegant vacation! Wake up with a call from Mickey, put on the coffee, watch the Disney Channel while you're getting dressed. Stroll out of your beautiful room--walk onto the monorail. Go to the parks, eat watch your child become mesmerized by everything! Take the ferry back to the resort, and maybe take a swim if you're not too tired. Listen to the fireworks if you leave early. Go to bed, do it again. WOW!
(Can anyone tell that I am really ready to go back?)
Can't wait until Sept!:mickey:

Suz36
04-17-2009, 11:28 PM
The complete removal from the real world and the total immersion in all things Disney just can't be beat! And along with the great Mickey wake-up calls, I even love setting the wake-up call and having them wish me magical dreams! It's one of the things I miss most when I'm home - setting the alarm clock just isn't the same!

kemps@wdw
04-17-2009, 11:43 PM
We have always stayed on site and would never think of doing otherwise! :thumbsup::thumbsup: When I get out of my car upon arrival, I do not want to see it again til it's time to go. I want to be as far away from the "real" world as possible. If not for my DD texting me every 5 minutes, I probably wouldn't have my cell phone either. Staying on property gives us an opportunity to experience WDW the way it should be. Less drive time means more vaca time! Disney transportation allows us to go to any park @ any given time (2 a day if we want), we can take mid-day breaks back @ our resort, go to other resorts and check them out. As we all know, WDW is not where you go to relax and do nothing. Staying on property gives us more opportunity to relax and enjoy our fave place a lot more!

DawsonAR
04-18-2009, 09:02 AM
We like being on site for the magic of the resort itself. There is just something about the way Disney does it. We also love the transportation ease of being right on site. The only time we stay off site is if there is a conference in Orlando at another hotel and we are forced to stay there.

amd780
04-18-2009, 12:02 PM
DH and I love the convenience and the theming of on-site resorts. Also, we definitely appreciate EMH, and this year we're thinking of taking advantage of the free parking for resort guests at the parks. It sounds wonderful just to get into our own car after a long day of park hopping and avoid the crowds on the bus! :thumbsup:

Soul_Power
04-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I love the convenience that comes with staying on-site (ME, EMH, Disney transportation, etc.), and I would never consider staying off-site. Even if we decide to venture out to the other theme parks one day, I still want to stay on-site. Nothing beats the Disney service! :mickey:

pink
04-18-2009, 02:22 PM
- Buses.
- Don't have to pay for parking.
- Magical Express.
- Extra Magic Hours.
- Save money on gas/rental car.

:mickey:

TeamJonasSister
04-18-2009, 04:02 PM
I like staying on site because:
-I love the Disney Atmospere

-I love the conveience. When My mom and I go to Disney we fly so it's so nice that we don't have to worry about rent a car and our lugage. Disney Magical express is reall nice. Also that you do not have to worry about parking.

-I also like that you can have bags shipped to your resort then you don't have to carry all the stuff you buy.

When I stay off property it does not feel the same. I love staying on property.

cer
04-18-2009, 04:04 PM
I am soo excited for about your first stay on property! You will LOVE it! :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
04-18-2009, 05:39 PM
We love to stay on site due to the fact is that we love to immerse ourselves in all things Disney. We are picked up from the Airport, and driven to our resort. You wake up and have the all about WDW channel on. Get our mug and refill during our whole stay from our resort. Wait for our bus and take us to a WDW park. There is the bus, boat, monorail to get us where we need to go. Everything from the soap and shampoo to driving away on the last day it is all about having to deal with the real world. Meals, movies, pools, and other things to do in down time is awesome and still do not have to deal with daily grind. The last for us we have a history here, I grew up comming here along with DH doing the same with his family, and we have brought love to our 2DS. We have stayed off site also, but let me tell you we wish at those times that we were back on site.

tannermansmom
04-18-2009, 07:16 PM
One of the best things for us about staying on property is leaving the car in the parking lot for seven days. We are big fans of using Disney transportation. It is a little extra (or huge depending how you feel about the whole bus issue) perk from staying in the parks to us. Have a great trip. :mickey:

georger
04-18-2009, 07:58 PM
- Buses.
- Don't have to pay for parking.
- Magical Express.
- Extra Magic Hours.
- Save money on gas/rental car.

All of the reasons listed above PLUS....It gives you a wonderful Disney experience throughout your stay and need I mention FREE DINING in August/September!!!

tinkerddeedee
04-18-2009, 08:26 PM
I am soo excited for about your first stay on property! You will LOVE it! :mickey:

AWWWWW, thanks!!! I will DEFINATELY have to write a trip report when we get home!!!
I just love this site! I feel I'm in a place with people just like me!!!!!
:minnie2::mickey2::dizzy::rocks:

BluewaterBrad
04-19-2009, 05:33 PM
if i couldn't stay on site i wouldn't go - staying on site is part of the magic - no car, parking, traffic - i leave the real world behind for a week - its magic :mickey:

Get away from the REAL world................. Nuff said.:mickey:

grumpydude
04-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Many reasons. I do like parking the car and no more driving. The atmosphere when you stay on property keeps you in a Disney state of mind. very convenient:vacation:

pixiesmimi
04-19-2009, 09:10 PM
We have stayed off property and on. We will never stay off property again if we can help it. As posted above, it is the total emersion. We don't get to go to Hawaii or Cancun or on cruises so we emerse ourselves in the theme of the resort and parks and feel like we are far away from the real world and thoroughly enjoy it. I always hate to leave on the last day. Staying at one of the resorts is a vacation in a vacation. Love all the other amenities also and the dining plan. With all the discounts that are offered through out the year, we can always stay for just as good a price as anywhere else and not have to fight the traffic or get up real early just to be at the parks when they open and then take that long drive back when we are all worn out at night.

Marceline
04-19-2009, 09:28 PM
WHAT! There are places to stay that are off Disney property???? You are a keeding me right. :fresh:

On-site is the only way to go.:thumbsup:

I go to Disney for all that Disney is....my husband, he goes for Wilderness Lodge.:D

AmandaChan
04-20-2009, 01:57 AM
#1 - Disney magic.
#2 - Not having to rent a car.
#3 - Not having to find a parking spot and walking to and from your car when you're tired.
#4 - Not having to worry about directions.
#5 - They pick you up at the airport and drop you off.
#6 - Extra magic hours.
#7 - You get dropped off at the front of the park and don't have to walk/catch a train cart.

dmosher
04-20-2009, 06:36 AM
The biggest reason for my staying on site? If you stay off-site, every time you go back to your room you have to pass under the WDW logo Welcome sign. It's like leaving your vacation every night. It sounds silly, but it is true and depressing. You may not get this if you are staying down by DTD, but otherwise.. yeah... just depressed me every time. So I choose to stay on property.

OK that is not the biggest reason, but I already listed the others!
D

RAIDER
04-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Well i used to stay of site for many years and eventually we stayed at the CBR in 2006 and since then we couldnt go back to offsite .

Main reason is that WDW atmosphere that engulfs you and the added excitement of going and booking the chosen resort your going to.
The freindleness of the cast members and the bonus of having your presents you buy in the parks delivered to your resort .... Yep once bitten its hard to ever go back :D

Nini5055
04-20-2009, 09:32 AM
{{{sigh}}} It's just MAGIC. :cloud9:

Where else can a little girl wear a princess dress and be greeted by a bus driver "Welcome Aboard Princess" or be greeted by a Hotel CM "Good Morning Princess"...or be kissed on the cheek by Prince Charming??? Where else can a child truly believe that Minnie & Mickey know she is back visiting??? Where else can you get lost in Neverland...or ride a boat through Pirate territory...where can you hop on a bus and magically get to your destination... where food and fun are always plentiful and worries are far and few between???

From the moment Magical Express picks you up until the moment you leave it is just pure MAGIC.:pixie: We simply cannot wait until we are in the Happiest Place on Earth called Disney World...only 16 days to go!!!:party::cloud9:

:D:mickey::cloud9:

tinkerddeedee
04-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Maybe we'll "see" ya there, we have 19 days!!!!:mickey::cloud9::rocks:

Stich8818
04-20-2009, 05:22 PM
For our first two trips we stayed off site...Never gain..Why you ask?...Weeell..And keep in mind everything at Disney does not go off without a hitch.. But for me the transportaion alone is worth the money. When I stayed off site I was more worried about the drive home then having fun.

- Total Disney Experiance...From the Cast Members too the Resort you stay at... I just will never stay off site again..

EJS-Houston
04-20-2009, 05:29 PM
We've only stayed off site. Our first trip on site is coming in May and I am beside myself!!! :clappy:
Tell me all of the reasons you like to be on site! :vacation:
:mickey2:

If for no other reason it's worth it for the perks: the free Magical Express transport to and from the airport and the attendant luggage service...the extra magic hours in the parks is worth it alone...being able to buy stuff in the parks and have it sent to your hotel so you don't have to cart it around with you the rest of the day. Plus, as other posters have rightly pointed out, being "in the magic" all the time is just priceless.

tjstrike
04-21-2009, 03:43 AM
Along with the WDW 24/7 you also have the aspect that, everyone you meet, all your neighbors, the guy/gal you talk to while your out getting a soda or some milk are all Disney freaks just like you !!

Tez
04-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Once you are there you don't have to drive ANYWHERE! Let Disney do the transportation.

If you are over 21 and like to have an adult beverage you do not have to worry about which one is your party is the DD.

Items purchase are delivered back to your resort.

ALL THE DISNEY MAGIC from great cast memebers to the towel origami to being truly feeling like you are someone very special.

More ecco friendly since we are all carpooling on the Disney buses!

Magic Smiles
04-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Never stayed off-site. Just can't imagine that we ever would. Once you have stayed on site I don't feel that there is any other option. My opinion only..........and DH and DS.:mickey:

CuteAsMinnie
04-22-2009, 09:43 AM
:mickey:We will only stay on site because of it's simplicity. You can park your car and never, ever have to step foot in it again for your entire length of stay. Or upon arriving via limo:blush: step right into your resort - the fabulous Wilderness Lodge in our case, and be surrounded by all the magic of Disney without a worry as to how you're going to get somewhere. All those pressures are gone and you can relax and enjoy your vacation.:mickey:

Nini5055
04-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Maybe we'll "see" ya there, we have 19 days!!!!:mickey::cloud9::rocks:

Hoooray!!!!! See ya there...we'll be at the Grand Floridian. Wave to us!!!! :wave:

MushuGrl
04-24-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm with everyone in that it's about being totally emersed (did I spell that right? probably not) in the whole Disney experience - but the main thing for me? Not just because of transporation...

....but the transportation at NIGHT. Nothing like tearing up the parks until sundown and know the worst aggravation you're going to have is you might have to wait for the second bus.

denygold
04-24-2009, 02:56 PM
We went to DLR in January- the trip was not great mostly because of leaving the magic every day to re-enter Anaheim. ugh

Tinkerbella16
04-24-2009, 03:04 PM
We have only stayed off-site once and that was my first trip to wdw when I was 6 years old. Every year since then, we've stayed on property, and wouldn't do it any other way! I love feeling the magic as soon as we get on the DME bus to our resort...the magic doesn't go away until we get to the airport to go back home at the end of our trip. We love using Disney Transportation.. it may have its flaws at times, but its very convenient for getting around, and its part of the magic for us. We have never had any issues staying at any of the wdw resorts, and all of our stays have been pleasant. I love the smells of the rooms...i know I'm weird! LOL But theres something about the resorts that is very different from hotels off-site. They are kept nice at all times, the foodcourts are great, the amenities are wonderful! My favorite resort so far is Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside...love love love these 2 resorts!! The boat to DTD is really relaxing and nice. There is so much you can do at POR. FQ is where I'll stay from now on...its small, quiet, the colors and landscaping are beautiful, and the rooms are great. I cannot say it enough how much he love staying on property!

Floridian Yeti
04-24-2009, 04:03 PM
We get asked a lot why we stay (we live less than an hour away) but really it's so nice to let Disney do the Driving as it were.
:cloud9:

Hi neighbor!

We always get asked the same thing, and we do go for occasional day trips, but they're nothing like the pleasure of staying over. Actually, a lot of people here in FL seem to wonder why we go regularly at all, but, as I tell my wife...they must be out of touch with their inner mouse :cool:

Floridian Yeti
04-24-2009, 04:11 PM
...everyone you meet, all your neighbors, the guy/gal you talk to while your out getting a soda or some milk are all Disney freaks just like you !!

Great point! I never actually put my finger on it, but this is a BIG part of why staying at the resort is so great.

I agree that CMs aren't always perfect, but...all in all, the level of service received at Disney 24/7 -- even at a value or moderate resort -- is far superior to service you will get in any national chain, other than the very few (and hardly affordable) elite chains.

JRocker
04-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Everything that has been said, especially the total immersion factor.

And.

It is always a gamble staying at a chain hotel, regardless of the brand name. And being a camper, it is even more of a gamble...

Can't remember if this has happened at any of the other resorts I've stayed at, but when I drive into Fort Wilderness, the guard at the gate almost always offers two words that makes the whole family grin:

Welcome Home

49 More Days:thumbsup:

Mickey91
04-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Because we did it once. Once is all it takes. You don't realize it until you decide the next time to save money and stay off site. Mistake. Depressing. Feel disconnected to everything and totally left out of the fun and magic. Had no idea that it would be that way. Now, if you have never stayed onsite before, you don't know what you are missing, so it is okay. But once you do...

DisneyorBust
04-25-2009, 07:54 AM
As others have stated, you are totally immersed in the "Magic". I love the convenience of the various options; Monorail (favorite), busses and watercraft available.
When I am on a WDW vacation, I like the fact that the 'real' world is left behind and staying on-site helps in that regard.
I also like the convenience of DME, it has worked well for us.

forever a child
04-26-2009, 01:47 PM
First time DD and I stayed on site we were hooked.:cloud9:

I couldn't imagine any other way of doing Disney! I don't want to drive on my vacation! I like having CM take care of my purchases to get them to our hotel room. It is "magical" both in Parks and outside of parks! :tink:

Also, we have met a lot of great people to talk with from ALL over the world while waiting for buses to and from parks and while riding on buses as well as waiting in lines. We all love Disney so we always have that in common to chat about! :blah:

I dont think DD realizes that you don't HAVE to stay on site to go to Disney!? I cant imagine what the traffic lines must be like to get to WDW. :drive: I have seen it a couple of times on the interstate and I don't want the hassle!

Daddy Mouse
04-26-2009, 08:30 PM
1. You do not have to drive anywhere if you do not want to. You can have a cocktail(s) and not worry about DUI
2. ADR's at 90 + 10
3. You don't have to get into traffic with that are at least as tired as you and wanting to leave.
4. Disney ambiance
5. Disney Ambiance

pamickeys
04-29-2009, 04:12 PM
once we leave Pit Intl airport, I "REFUSE" to drive a vehicle, I'm on vacation, and I want other people to drive ME.

diz_girl
04-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I will only stay on-site because...I'm spoiled.

Way back during my first trip, in the olden days, the only place to stay was on-site and only on the monorail line, unless you were a golfer or camper, which my mother did not do. So it's the only way I've ever known to stay at WDW. I've actually never stayed at a non-MK resort either. If I ever do stay beyond the MK resorts, it will have to be a split stay.

I just love that you are in the magic for the entire stay. You don't have to 'go' to Disney every morning, you are already there.