PDA

View Full Version : Changing the number of people

khunter
04-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Only 16 more days until we leave!!!We have had our dinner reservations for a few months now, but found out last week that my mother and father-in law will be joining us for a few days of our trips. I have called to try to get them added to our dinner reservations, however was not successful at either the Sci-Fi Dine In or Coral Reef. What are our chances that if we wait until closer to time or maybe even the day of something will become available? :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-15-2009, 06:03 PM
It's always possible. It seems most estimates are pointing to early May being VERY crowded (touringplans has all of May at an 8 or 9 out of 10 on the crowd levels) so it might be harder than usual, but you can call each day and something might open up. You won't know unless you try!

DANAM
04-15-2009, 09:56 PM
Good luck and keep trying. This happened to us for a May trip a couple of years ago. We were able to get the same place but lost our good time. If I were you I would take any time available, if any, then try back for the time you want.

dancin Disney style
04-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Did you try to get them a table for 2 at those restaurants???

How about trying for different restaurants???

sleepingbooty
04-16-2009, 02:37 PM
We had this same experience a couple years ago. Keep trying, but if you can at least get a separate table for them near the same time, when you check in at the restaurant they will try to put you together. They were able to get all of us together at Ohana, even though we had one reservation for 6 and a second one for 2 about a half hour later. The hostesses acted like it was no problem at all.

MMFreak
04-16-2009, 04:32 PM
I have a sister who lives in Florida and every year we go down she tends to pop in. I never know the day or for sure if she is even going to come and we have never had any success in adding even just one moe person to our party of four. This has been the case for many many years. But keep trying you never know :mickey:

FiggyFan
04-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Last August, we made an ADR for a party of 4 at LeCellier for our January trip. We had a late addition to our party. I called several times to try to add a 5th person, with no luck. On the day of the reservation, I went to the check in desk about 30 minutes early and asked if there was anything they could do for us. They were very gracious about it and were able to add a fifth seat to our table. If they had not been able to do this, we were prepared to give up the ADR and eat at a CS location. I would say don't give up trying.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-18-2009, 11:26 PM
My friend, her mom & daughter decided to go after we had booked last year. They made ADRs for the same restaurants a few nights, as close to our time as they could. We'd just check in and ask if we could be combined and didn't have a problem. But it wasn't at the really popular ones like Le Cellier so maybe that makes a difference.

gerald72
04-19-2009, 08:08 AM
I have a sister who lives in Florida and every year we go down she tends to pop in. I never know the day or for sure if she is even going to come and we have never had any success in adding even just one moe person to our party of four. This has been the case for many many years. But keep trying you never know :mickey:

Maybe you should start making reservations for your family with your sister included. If she doesn't show up, it should be less of a problem to remove a person from the reservation.

irish1967
04-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Only 16 more days until we leave!!!We have had our dinner reservations for a few months now, but found out last week that my mother and father-in law will be joining us for a few days of our trips. I have called to try to get them added to our dinner reservations, however was not successful at either the Sci-Fi Dine In or Coral Reef. What are our chances that if we wait until closer to time or maybe even the day of something will become available? :mickey:

Are you staying On Property? The couple of times I have needed to add to our ADRs, I have been successful doing it via the concierage at the resort.

Have a great trip!

MinnieMommie
04-19-2009, 10:31 AM
This has happened to us. We had a reservation at Kona for 3 and then tried to change it for 4 and were unable to add the person on. They gave us a much later seating which was not in the end the best thing for us. We have had other experiences being able to add another person on to the reservation. I can't quite figure out the rhyme or reason for this even though it has been explained to me with a rational that X amount of people fit at certain size tables but one extra person will change the type of table reserved. I was told that the change from 3 to 4 people changes the table size...maybe.

There have been times when I have walked up and gotten a table on the spot without a reservation but have also walked up with a reservation trying to get in earlier but have been denied while others have walked in and gotten a table for the time we are trying to change to. Go figure...if anyone can please help out. :mickey:

khunter
04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
We are staying on property. I called today and got a reservation for 2 at Sci-Fi and we are going to try to just get them to combine them. I am still working on Coral Reef. They tell me that it is still completely full for Friday night. Wish me luck!