PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten Questions

LarryBoy
04-15-2009, 10:42 AM
How loud is the Biergarten? We are thinking of trying the Biergarten on our July trip, because I love German food, but I'm a little worried that it might be too loud for our DS 8 who is autistic. He is high functioning and can adapt to most situations, but sometimes has a problem with restaurants that are loud and crowded. It's been so long since I've eaten there I can't remember exactly what it's like. Is there a particular seating area that would be better or worse?

lockedoutlogic
04-15-2009, 10:53 AM
We're going in a week....

I haven't been there in about 10 years....but i understand your concerns....

I remember the band playing 20 minute or so sets....it's very quiet when they aren't on....and consequently....kinda chaotic when they are...

I'll try to remember to report back in a few weeeks

Mickey'sGirl
04-15-2009, 10:59 AM
We took our two boys (DS10 has Aspergers and DS5 has a general ASD)to the Biergarten about 2 years ago -- and they LOVED it. They loved watching the action on the stage/dance floor, they enjoyed the "crazy music" , and they loved the food. We hope to make a retun visit this summer! :thumbsup: We did not find it to be wildly loud or anything -- more of a good romp if you know what I mean...

Maybe make the ADR, but pop into take a look prior to your reservation date/time to see what your son thinks of it? :mickey:

DakandZakMom
04-15-2009, 11:07 AM
I took my son who had asperger's last year. He also has a problem with really lound places. The same year he crawled under the table at Planet Hollywood. He did not have a problem at Biergatern's. We did sit on the upper tier the farthest away from the stage. I hope this helps!:mickey:

princessgirls
04-15-2009, 11:15 AM
It was more of a fun atmosphere, rather than chaotic. The band does play for 20 minutes and then takes a 20 minute break.

You know your sons limits, there was stuff going on here. If he enjoys music he would really like it.

We really enjoyed eating and being here. However, my kids are not autistic.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Julie:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-15-2009, 12:30 PM
It can be loud because of the band...don't forget that you are seated with another family at the same table, so if he has problems with strangers this might be a consideration. We sat with a family at Christmas that were friendly but not loud so it may work

SBETigg
04-15-2009, 12:31 PM
The band plays at a decent volume, in that everyone can hear it, but it's not really loud.

LarryBoy
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Are all of the tables communal?

lockedoutlogic
04-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Are all of the tables communal?

yes....they refer to it as "banquet" style...but they are longer tables shared by multiple parties

SBETigg
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
yes....they refer to it as "banquet" style...but they are longer tables shared by multiple parties

Each table holds eight. if you're a party of six, you might be seated with a party of two. Two groups of four might be placed together. It's nice, actually. Sometimes, you're with social people and you enjoy it. Sometimes, the other people want to keep to themselves and that's fine, too.

LarryBoy
04-16-2009, 10:37 AM
I took my son who had asperger's last year. He also has a problem with really lound places. The same year he crawled under the table at Planet Hollywood. He did not have a problem at Biergatern's. We did sit on the upper tier the farthest away from the stage. I hope this helps!:mickey:

Is this upper tier less crowded? Is this area somewhat removed from the main dinning area? From what I remember, isn't the room rather large and open? Does anybody have or know where I can find some good pictures or video of the Biergarten?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-24-2009, 04:34 PM
The upper tier is furthest away from the stage, closest to the food! It really is just one large room, fanning out from the stage, with the buffet at the back.

Perhaps you could ask for a table more off to the side, so it isn't so busy, not as many people walking by, the band is more off to the side than right in front?

We've been to Biergarten a couple of times, and it isn't as loud as I expected. We've been seated in the upper tier, and closer to the stage and I do prefer the upper tier...a bit quieter and easier access to the washrooms and buffet.

mejsimon
05-25-2009, 09:51 PM
and we were there two years ago (he was 8). He wasn't tired so did ok regarding the noise- he was stemming really badly and fell off his chair and the big glass of root beer fell on his hand...
We do bring earplugs and noise cancelling headsets(small ones) with us. I think this trip I will load his mp3 player with Star wars music.:cool: