PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk

DestinationWDW
04-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi Everyone! Our family will be staying in the Boardwalk Villas for the 1st time at the end of May! :party: We bought into AK but our first stay there won't be until November. We have enjoyed 2 visits at SSR, but don't know quite what to expect at this resort. Any tips, favorite requested rooms, places to dine, hidden gems, etc. re: Boardwalk? Thanks Everybody!!!! :mickey:

DVC Mike
04-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I like dining at the Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk, and enjoy the Boardwalk Bakery in the morning.

You can also walk around Crescent Lake to the Yacht & Beach Club, and eat at Yachtsman Steakhouse or Beaches & Cream

Maleficent_vf
04-14-2009, 09:44 PM
If you've got strong legs, you can rent a bicycle/surrey (for 4 or 6) and ride around Crescent Lake. The terrain isn't flat and there are several areas where your legs can really get a workout.

There are also a number of performers that appear nightly (or almost nightly) that are fun to watch.

lockedoutlogic
04-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Boardwalk beats Saratoga with a stick....a BIG stick....

You're gonna find out how nice it is to be at Boardwalk or Beach....not only is it much better than what you've seen ....the location is such a huge advantage you won't believe it.

Animal Kingdom is great for different reasons....but way better than Saratoga as well

CanadianWDWFan
04-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Location, location, location! What more can I say? Where else can you stay and be within walking distance of two parks?

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn one summer and fell in love with it, so much so we bought into DVC at the Boardwalk. A nice trip down to the Boardwalk Bakery in the morning is a must!

PlutoPlanet
04-15-2009, 12:12 PM
We love BW and stay there every year. The evening atmosphere on the BW is very cool. I like being able to leave EPOCT after fireworks and being in the room in 15 minutes. The pool is fun. The location puts you near 2 parks and several hotels. It is easy to have dinner at EPCOT and still do a lot before or afterwards.

jcvalenti
04-15-2009, 01:06 PM
I haven't stayed at the Boardwalk, but I love the area ... and the theme. We always valet at Boardwalk and walk into Epcot for dinner and fireworks, and it's just great to be able to walk back leisurely when the park closes after fireworks.

There are plenty of dining options on the Boardwalk, too, including some great lesser known places (like Il Mulino) at Swan and Dolphin, right next door.

TinksDH
04-17-2009, 07:31 PM
We love BW and stay there every year. The evening atmosphere on the BW is very cool. I like being able to leave EPOCT after fireworks and being in the room in 15 minutes. The pool is fun. The location puts you near 2 parks and several hotels. It is easy to have dinner at EPCOT and still do a lot before or afterwards.

Same here! Perfect reason to stay at BW or BCV.

Maleficent's Dad
04-18-2009, 09:15 AM
As posted above, the BWV experience will be very different than SSR. Not to take anything away from SSR, but the BWV puts you in a far superior location - in my worthless opinion!

Any tips, favorite requested rooms, places to dine, hidden gems, etc. re: Boardwalk? Thanks Everybody!!!! :mickey:
Rooms - do you have a standard, preferred, or Boardwalk view room? These three are completely different views - but alas, how much does the view matter to you?
Many people request rooms closer to the elevators as the hallways can be somewhat lengthy for walks. It's never been a problem for us, and we've been at the far corners of the villas. I just don't see what the big deal is with a three minute walk down the hallway! :shrug:

Places to Dine - they do serve continental breakfast items at the Belle Vue Room in the mornings; they will also refill mugs here for you (just in the mornings) with coffee & tea. While we absolutely love the Flying Fish, you have a plethora of dining options at your fingertips. Within easy walking distance are four/five resorts (BW, Swan, Dolphin, BC, & YC). Each has their own highly rated eateries. You are also a short boat ride/walk to two parks - DHS and EPCOT which also have numerous restaurants.

Hidden Gems - Community Hall near the quiet pool is a nice family spot with lots of *free* activities daily, and some activities for a nominal charge. Keeps kids entertained for hours on end. They have some free video games, computer games, ping-pong, table games, etc...
During the day, the main pool has activities led by CM's going on - the usual pool games (bingo, trivia, etc) which entertain.
Seashore Sweets - while not a "hidden gem," is certainly fun.

Tips - Check out the *free* entertainment on the Boardwalk nightly. The shows run continuously and pop up anywhere. They love to have audience participation. There are magicians, comedians, jugglers... lots of fun.

My biggest tip to people staying in the villas is that it is a much shorter walk to DHS than most people think - especially from the villas' side of the resort. In fact, depending on your room location, it is shorter a walk to DHS than it is to EPCOT. Just be sure to go out the (last) "back door" from the villas. Follow the pathway along the water, and you are there. People just assume EPCOT's closer when in reality, it's simply not true.
Of course - you could take the boat to/from both of the parks!

If you have anything more specific, let me know.

Enjoy your trip to the BWV. You're going to love the location! :mickey:

Priority Four
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Catch a NBA playoff game at the ESPN club. I watched my SPURS put out the Jazz there in '07

We are staying at BWV the first week of June