PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining plan moderate vs value resort

aurora, ariel, and bell
04-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Are the dining plans the same for the value and moderate resorts. 1 table service, 1 snack and 1 counter service per day?

I know there is a new dining option out, not sure if that is what you get if you book the value resorts ( i think it was only counter services)

Thanks for the help

lockedoutlogic
04-14-2009, 01:15 PM
they are the same....there is no correlation between resort price and dining plan....it's all the same unless you get a "deluxe dining plan"...which has nothing to do with "deluxe" resorts....or the counter service plan

Strmchsr
04-14-2009, 01:52 PM
The confusion as to the different resort levels and different plans probably comes from that was the offer to UK folks last fall. The "free" DDP they got differed based on what resort level they were at. For US residents though it's the same regardless of resort level (though, IMHO, the "free" dining offer is really only a truly good value at the value resorts).

FriendsofMickey
04-14-2009, 01:54 PM
The confusion as to the different resort levels and different plans probably comes from that was the offer to UK folks last fall. The "free" DDP they got differed based on what resort level they were at. For US residents though it's the same regardless of resort level (though, IMHO, the "free" dining offer is really only a truly good value at the value resorts).

Can you elaborate on your opinion? Just curious.

lockedoutlogic
04-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Can you elaborate on your opinion? Just curious.

you get the same food no matter where you stay....but part of the gimmick is that Disney charges the full room rate (as opposed to a partially discounted rate in a package)...

so you do technically get a better deal with the values....as you pay more with the moderates....alot more with the deluxes

FriendsofMickey
04-14-2009, 02:26 PM
you get the same food no matter where you stay....but part of the gimmick is that Disney charges the full room rate (as opposed to a partially discounted rate in a package)...

so you do technically get a better deal with the values....as you pay more with the moderates....alot more with the deluxes

Okay, that makes sense. I guess I just look at it as I always stay at a Moderate. Therefore, I compare what I would get with my AAA package versus what I get with the free dining and there is not debate that the free dining is a much better deal. Otherwise, I would be going in November for 10 days.

Strmchsr
04-14-2009, 02:41 PM
lockedoutlogic summed it up well. If you look at paying "rack rate" on the room then add up the "free" dining discount you're getting about a $37/person discount for the room. At a value this can come out pretty good, but with much higher rack rates at moderate and deluxe often a "room only" discount or a discount at another time of the year can be much better than the "free" dining discount.