PDA

View Full Version : Day of the week...whats the best park to go to?

HollyLagrange
04-14-2009, 10:17 AM
We are heading out THIS Sunday for Disney. We will be there all week. I was hoping to maximize our time be visiting the least busy parks for each day? Any advise?:mickey:

the other micki
04-14-2009, 10:40 AM
My best suggestion is to avoid EMH's. In fact, it's sometimes a good idea to go to a park the day after it has had an EMH. We have decided on this trip to not make Fantasmic a priority, so we're visiting DS on a non-Fantasmic day, hoping for lower crowds (and maybe more rides on TSM). We are breaking our EMH rule on Sunday (4/26) because this will be our first day in the parks, and we really want to start in MK. Have a wonderul trip! :mickey:

HollyLagrange
04-14-2009, 11:06 AM
EMH? I have no clue what that is. Can someone point me to the abbreviation page?:blush:

HollyLagrange
04-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Ok, How do you know which parks are having the EMH?

GAN
04-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Based on several factors, but s/b pretty accurate:

Sun AK
Mon MK ........... avoid AK
Tue MK/AK .......... " DHS
Wed MK/AK ......... " DHS
Thu EP/DHS ......... " MK
Fri MK/AK ......... " EP
Sat DHS ......... " EP
Sun EP

Have fun!

GAN
04-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Ok, How do you know which parks are having the EMH?

Extra Magic Hours... Go to Info Central Tab at top of homepage, then scroll to "Park Hours." The program is explained and times and dates s/b listed.

pixiesmimi
04-14-2009, 12:18 PM
I disagree with the above post. I would definately take advantage of the Extra Morning Magic Hours if not the night ones. That is when it is least crowded because only the resort guests are there. (That is providing you are staying at an on property resort). We never worry about which parks have them and which don't. We usually try to make our ADRs for dining at those parks to coincide with the extra hours and have never had any problems with the crowds. I think MK on a Sat. would be the day to avoid though if you were going to do that. That is when it will be the most crowded. I really haven't found any particular day to avoid the rest of the parks though.

the other micki
04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
pixiesmimi does have a point. If you are early risers and have park hoppers, you may want to take advantage of the morning Early Magic Hour (the park opens for resort guests one hour early). However, rope drop is as early as we can make it and we don't get park hoppers, so we've found that avoiding the EMH parks are best. It just depends on your group. Sorry for the crazy abbreviations! You'll get used to them the more you're on here! :D

GAN
04-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Like Micki said, if you're early risers then hit the EMH park in the AM -but arrive for opening. What we generally would do is go to the EMH park for opening and stay until about 11AM -by that time we have done most of the attractions we enjoy(some several times). Then we head to the park that we think will have the smallest crowds for the rest of the day. One thing we never had much luck at were the evening EMH -just seems way to overcrowded, even at 1AM.

mudpuppysmom
04-14-2009, 10:23 PM
The formula that seems to work for our family....and it has every trip except for the last one when we went with my sister and her crew, and she insisted that we not stick to my schedule and we fought crowds every single day....so here is what we do (our week is Wed-Tues)

Wed: MGM (half day b/c this is when we arrive and we get it "all" done
Thurs: AK
Friday: EP
Saturday: EP
Sunday: MK
Monday AK (AM)/EP (PM) half day each mostly
Tuesday: MK (half day since this is departure day).

Sometimes I look at when EMH is and we do that in the evening, but we rarely do morning EMH's b/c DH is not a morning person.

We've only gone to a waterpark once and that was on the weekend in September I seem to remember??? Not positive though, but it was not crowded either when we were there.

pixiesmimi
04-15-2009, 10:29 AM
I make our breakfast ADRs at the parks that have early EMHs so we have an excuse to get up early and go. Then we have a leisurely breakfast and still have time to hit the rides before the crowds get there. We probably wouldn't get there that early if we didn't have early ADRs. The night time hours do seem more crowded, especially trying to get out of the park when it closes.

dancin Disney style
04-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Historically, Saturday and Sunday are the busiest days at MK for 2 reasons. 1...the locals go on the weekends 2...most people arrive in the world on the weekends and start park touring at MK.

A good rule of thumb is....if you have park hoppers take advantage of the morning EMH. Make sure you are there by rope drop and then shortly after the park opens to the masses hope to anther park. If you do not have park hoppers spend your day in a non EMH park.

Most of the touring plan books and sites will give this advice.