PDA

View Full Version : Crowds today.

FenwayGirl
04-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Is anyone at WDW now. How are the crowds?

SBETigg
04-14-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm guessing it's crowded but manageable with good planning. A lot of people are on spring break following Easter. Our school system is on break next week, and we're headed there then. It should be slightly less crowded, but still moderate-high crowds according to my estimation, which is by no means a scientific assessment. ;) I hope someone who's there now has a more solid answer for you.

RBrooksC
04-16-2009, 01:22 PM
A friend told me the crowds were so bad last week, as people would leave that exact amount of people would be let into MK. (IE. four people leave and four people would be let into the park.) I doubt it could have been any fun with that many people there.

Mousemates
04-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I doubt it could have been any fun with that many people there.

Beleive it or not, we actually do have a good time there even when its super crowded. We go during the New Years holiday when the crowds are at their peak and have such a good time that we made it an annual tradition. No, we don't ride as many rides as we would if we went in off-season, but you don't have to ride SM or ToT 3 times each to enjoy your day. Just get there early, ride hard till the park fills and then ease up on the gas a bit and pick your spots. :)

big blue and hairy
04-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Beleive it or not, we actually do have a good time there even when its super crowded. We go during the New Years holiday when the crowds are at their peak and have such a good time that we made it an annual tradition. No offense intended, but....yer nuts! ;) We went to MK on NYE 2007, and said, never again.... We've been there numerous times when it was crowded, but NYE is :faint:

:sulley:

Daisy'sMom
04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
When DH and I were young, we always loved going during Easter week. It was so crowded and so much fun. I remember one year Easter was early and it got really cold waiting for the Electric parade. We all had our new Disney sweatshirts on. We were sitting on Main Street with many others and and one person would go for hot drinks, they would bring back as many as they could for everyone waiting. It was one of our nicest memories. These were complete strangers, and yet it seemed we were all family.:mickey:

RBrooksC
04-16-2009, 02:28 PM
The problem is I hate super crowded areas. That is when the people begin to annoy me royally. To be elbow to elbow with people in an amusement park that is so crowded people cannot enter until people leave just sounds more trouble than it is worth. I don't need to go there each time with September crowd levels but I will never go there on a holiday that creates an over-abundance of people.

Mousemates
04-16-2009, 04:46 PM
No offense intended, but....yer nuts! ;)
:sulley:

No offense taken. :mickey: Its actually been said several times before and I no longer try to refute the obvious. :thumbsup:

iluvdumbo
04-19-2009, 03:33 PM
I wanted to go to Disney on my week off last week, but my mom thought that it would be too crowded. My friend went to Magic Kingdom on Wednesday and she said it was nuts!!! Wall to wall people and they couldn't even move!! I still would have gone though...

SandmanGStefani24
04-19-2009, 05:37 PM
The problem is I hate super crowded areas. That is when the people begin to annoy me royally. To be elbow to elbow with people in an amusement park that is so crowded people cannot enter until people leave just sounds more trouble than it is worth. I don't need to go there each time with September crowd levels but I will never go there on a holiday that creates an over-abundance of people.

I'm right there with ya! That's why this July baby will never be back at WDW for his B-day again! It's off months, and during the week for me! :marg:

BluewaterBrad
04-19-2009, 05:48 PM
All this talk reminds me of Christmas 03!!! Insane crowds!! Had a gas, but never again!!!:mickey: