PDA

View Full Version : Pirata El Perico- Is it True? And Lack of Good Mexican Food

DVC2004
04-14-2009, 09:27 AM
So this place is seasonal and rarely open when i go- but I was disappointed to read on another site that the menu is now burgers. Is this correct? Um, isn't there enough places to get a burger at WDW? Peco's Bills is just on the other side and it servs burgers. I wonder why there are no really good places for mexican style or tex- mex food at WDW. San Angel at Epcot is OK, not the best and the Cantina is OK. I wish there was a nice choice for this style of food at WDW. Oops I thinks it was called El PIrate y Perico and it's over by Pirates for those that aren't familiar.

Leighler
04-14-2009, 09:43 AM
I totally agree with this. I am a Mexican food junkie and San Angel was horrible last time I went. I will definitely be interested to see what people have to say. Maybe the renovations to San Angel will bring better food?!!

KylesMom
04-14-2009, 11:18 AM
It is my understanding that El Pirata temporarily changed their menu while Pecos Bill's was being remodeled into late February. Figment reported in the April updates as follows:
Now through April 18th, El Pirata y el Perico Restaurante will serve its standard lunch menu from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm I'd guess it's back to Mexican fare by now.

ShanPooh
04-14-2009, 04:50 PM
:whew: Maybe there is hope for some semi-mexi-food in Magic Kingdom when we go in August!

garthbarth1
04-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Whenever we have gone in Sept . it has always been closed! However, we did get a great Taco Salad at Peco Bills!:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
04-19-2009, 09:09 AM
it is hardly ever open anymore. Just like the Noodle Station. I love the taco salad!:mickey:

IamBelle
04-19-2009, 10:29 AM
:whew: Maybe there is hope for some semi-mexi-food in Magic Kingdom when we go in August!

Oh I hope so too! We went last year and it was closed, but hopefully it will be open!

SandmanGStefani24
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
slightly embarrassed to say, but I LOVE the nachos from the Cantina de San Angel! It's almost a must when i go!

lawgirl
04-20-2009, 11:41 PM
It was weird when we went in Nov 09. It was open...there were burgers and taco salads. It closed really early...they started roping off areas (even the one where we were sitting eating). It was pretty awkward to have to duck or jump over the chain everytime to get a napkin or fix condiments. We probably won't go back. It was just a weird experience. The CM's acted like they were mad we were eating there, and made us uncomfortable.