PDA

View Full Version : Would you drive to O'hana or take resort bus?

tinkerddeedee
04-14-2009, 07:52 AM
We are staying at POR but we are driving, so we'll have our car. Would you suggest we drive there or take the bus? Ressie for 8:40 am:alarm:
What do you think? :mcoffee:
:scratch:

GoofyMom09
04-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Since you have a car, I would drive. I am also staying at POR and going to Ohana (in 6 days:cloud9:). We don't have a car so we will be taking the bus to Downtown Disney and transferring to a POR bus I guess. I think it would be much faster to drive. Enjoy!

wendy*darling
04-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Are you planning to visit a theme park after breakfast?
If so, I suggest taking the bus. You cannot park at the Poly for the day if you are not staying there.
Take the bus to the MK and then either monorail or boat over to the Poly.
If you do drive, then park in the MK parking lot and then take the monorail to the Poly.

DVC2004
04-14-2009, 09:07 AM
If you have a car I would drive. It's pretty inconvenient to take the bus to resorts to dine. You have to take a bus to a theme park or "hub" (DTD or Ticket and Transportation center) then get another bus to the resort. We rent a car every trip because we do alot of resort dining.

Duchess99
04-14-2009, 09:07 AM
I would definitely drive. Early in the morning it can take a while to get from hotel to hotel.
What are your plans for afterward?
If you're going to the Magic Kingdom, I would park at MK and take the monorail (one stop) to Poly.

KylesMom
04-14-2009, 10:51 AM
I'd recommend driving, especially for the time of the morning your reservation is at.

The suggested time is to allow one hour to get from your hotel to the dining location if relying on Disney transportation. Do you really want to be at the bus stop that early if you don't have to? :D

DANAM
04-14-2009, 11:15 AM
I would drive. We always do. They will give you a 2 hour parking pass but we have always hoped on the monorail and visited MK or Epcot for the day from here.

tjstrike
04-15-2009, 01:56 AM
I would drive, then drive back to POR afterwards and go from there, then your car is already back at the hotel.

tinkerddeedee
04-15-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure yet where we're going after that. This is one of the days I have left "open". Driving DOES sound much better though, thank you!