PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY! A last minute ADR success story!

hope23
04-13-2009, 11:10 PM
For all those trying to get ADR's as your trip gets closer and closer, don't give up! I've been trying to get a dinner at Ohana for 40 days... calling 2-3 times a day and today... FINALLY... they had an opening at 8:10!! I was shocked and delighted! With our trip two weeks away, I had almost given up, but I'm glad I didn't. Just wanted to encourage all who are in the same boat to not give up! And to encourage all who don't want an ADR you have scheduled to cancel it... you might just make someone's day!! Thank you 8:10 Ohana cancel-friend.

the other micki
04-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Congratulations! Here's to a wonderful meal at 'Ohana!

Kairi_7378
04-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Can't wait to hear all about it :)

alaMode
04-14-2009, 04:46 AM
We just returned from our Spring Break trip and I cancelled 3 primetime ADRs while we were there: CRT lunch, Chef Mickey's dinner, and Garden Grill lunch...When all was said and done, we ended up with one ressie at T.Rex Cafe (which was a blast!)

We weren't on the DDP, so it was easier to play it by ear on a daily basis.

As I was cancelling ressies, I thought of someone getting lucky with a very last minute ADR. I hope it made another family very happy!

Tess
poly 07, 08
pop 09
pop 10 for sure!:mickey:

SBETigg
04-14-2009, 06:40 AM
There's always hope. ;) Congratulations and enjoy!

RedSoxFan
04-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Congrats on getting your ADR. Have a great time.:mickey:

yjgirl32
04-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Very nice. You sometimes get a little magic and sometimes are fortunate enough to give a little magic.

DANAM
04-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Congrats!!! See what happens when your determined!!

KylesMom
04-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Congratulations!

Just wanted to encourage all who are in the same boat to not give up! And to encourage all who don't want an ADR you have scheduled to cancel it... you might just make someone's day!! Amen to that - I was able to snag a coveted lunch time Sci-Fi reservation during Star Wars Weekends thanks to a considerate soul who cancelled their ADR. Keep a-tryin' if it's not available at first! :mickey:

dancin Disney style
04-14-2009, 02:49 PM
In 2007 we booked for FD on the last day that it was available. I booked at the end of June to go in August.At that time you had to book your ADR's at the 180 day mark, so you can imagine what I was up against. I quickly made a list of restaurants that we wanted. I got lucky on the first try and got a CM that was super helpful. She would check the place I was asking for, and of course it was not available, then she would just start looking at the surrounding days. With her help I got 3 out of 7ADR's on the first try. I then started calling everyday, sometimes twice a day. It took about 16 days but I got everything I wanted and at times that were not too far off when we like to eat.