PDA

View Full Version : brown derby

motherof4
04-13-2009, 07:37 PM
does anyone know if the brown derby restaurant in hollywood studios is 2 ts and is it worth it?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes, the Brown Derby counts as 2-TS!

My DH would say that it is worth it, but without the appetizer (the famous Cobb Salad), it is less "worth it". He also loved his entree and the grapfruit cake dessert.

DD & I found the food too fancy, and we wouldn't go back, but DH would in a second.

So, I would pay OOP, or at least pay OOP for the Cobb Salad.

Belster
04-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Yes it is two and in my opinion it is worth it. I second the pp about the cobb salad it is to die for...and you can get it as your app. My family and I enjoy trying new things and love the fancier side of food if we can get it. DD10 loved the salmon dish, DH loved his steak and I also enjoyed the salmon. The cake was wonderful too!!!!

Service whenever we have gone is top notch!

Kairi_7378
04-13-2009, 09:07 PM
It's a 2 TS place but I'd recommend paying out of pocket as it's one of the lower price-d signature dining experiences. The food is great... and we didn't even have the Cobb salad or grapefruit cake.

Maleficent_vf
04-13-2009, 09:45 PM
I'd say it is worth it. Plus, if you're doing the Fantasmic Dinner and a Show plan, you get an app. and dessert with your entree, no OOP expenses. Good deal because the Cobb Salad is very good! :thumbsup: Not as sold on the grapefruit cake though. :unsure:

KatMark
04-13-2009, 11:08 PM
We did not care for it when we were there and would not use two table service credits for (probably why we've never been back). We had terrible service and found the food mediocre at best. Too many other places that we really enjoy and still want to try.

thejens
04-14-2009, 12:22 AM
We loved it, but it is not as good as some of the other 2T in my opinion. The food was excellent and it was so nice and relaxing to have a nice meal in the park.

tdk316
04-14-2009, 02:23 PM
We go every year to have a nice, relaxing lunch and pay out of pocket instead of using the DDP. If you're going to plan a 2TS meal, I'd use it for dinner at the California Grill to watch the fireworks - excellent food and view!