PDA

View Full Version : OMGolly!! I am so EXCITED!! I can't stand it!

Wishmaker
04-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Okay so here it is, we leave in, oh idk, 24 DAYS! I am not packed yet because I have done this before and it doesn't help. I have the SUPER hurry up and wait; then I pack way to much extra stuff and forget important stuff.

I keep getting butterflies in my stomach when I think about walking into the MKPark, and smell "that smell"! You know what I am talking about.
I even get excited about arriving at the Orlando Airport, finding my way to the Magical Express line, waiting for our bus!! YEAH!!.
That is usually as far as I get before I scream, my daughter gets a kick out of her "werid O' mommy".
I want to watch evey Disney movie possible, watch every travel show, modern marvels, and I even caught a show last night on DIY. They were referbing the Disney Wonder.
I am trying to find, see & do anything to pass the time.

WHAT DO YOU DO??

PixieMagic
04-13-2009, 07:37 PM
In addition to what you said and intercot 24/7 - I tend to watch the Disney Vacation planning DVD over and over, make list after list after list, look through old pics to see what I missed previously as "must do photo ops" for the upcoming trip, make my mouse keeping envelopes, and start hunting stores for fun Disney plane stuff (I always put together surprise bags for airplane Disney fun)....oh! And schedule those Enchanted Calls!! Now you're making me ecstatic and I have to wait for August 16th!!! ARGH!!! :secret::cloud9:

Ed
04-13-2009, 07:45 PM
WHAT DO YOU DO??

Easy. I get in the car and drive the 22 miles to the parks. :D

Okay, I know... that was cruel. :blush:

Before we moved to FL, when we were preparing for a trip, we'd break out the old videos (and the even older 8mm home movies) and re-live previous trips. Then, when we arrived, we'd make a point of visiting the same spots to see (and record) what's changed between trips. Packing was usually saved for a day or two before heading south; otherwise, seeing those packed suitcases sitting there would drive us nuts. :crazy:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Easy. I get in the car and drive the 22 miles to the parks. :D

Okay, I know... that was cruel.

:exactly: Yes--it was!
But I needed a smile tonight. :mickey: Wish I was ever packed completely up that far ahead! I'm always up half the night before, no matter when I start! Maybe subconciously I know that I would be climbing the walls like you are, Wishmaker, so I'm never that ready....
I'm usually working right up till the last day, so I plan something ridiculously hard (like producing a play with my six classes--that would be six plays!) to keep my mind busy till it's time. I'm excited for you--have a great time! 39 more days for us! :wave:

jrkcr
04-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Wishmaker, we are EXACTLY the same!! I scare my kids. :joy::fresh::yay:

Enjoy your countdown!!

Nini5055
04-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Me too...Me too!!!!! Only now it is 23 days until we visit our happy place!!!!!!!!

:sing::magic::joy::party2::yay::fworks:

luvDaMouse
04-14-2009, 12:46 PM
me too!!:joy::clappy::yay::dance::cheer:
28 days to go! I have 6 disney cds in my car, live 365 on my computer at work, I check and re check my ADR's, make lists....I cant' wait!!

kemps@wdw
04-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Everything you said and more! I also go back thru my previous year's scrapbooks, watch the dvd (like a gazilion times), read all the WDW books, listen to my WDW cds in my truck (like I do everyday), listen to my Live 365 "Mousehouse Radio" while practically LIVING on Intercot. ( I LOVE hearing others stories).This year I have vowed to dine at 3 completely different places that we've never done before, do the "Keys" tour (now that DD is 16), and have discovered the "ALLEARS" website that has a section for photos. So, now that I have finally ascended to the digital age, my goal is to take photos from a different viewpoint. Not just the standard "in front of/on the attraction kind, but try to get really creative and see WDW from a whole new perspective! Can't Wait! Hope you have a GREAT time!!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

BluewaterBrad
04-15-2009, 05:07 PM
I do exactly the same things you do!! Have a GREAT trip!!:mickey: