PDA

View Full Version : Worst queue line?

Imagineer1981
04-13-2009, 05:53 PM
What is the worst queue line at WDW. It could be any reason, say BTMR because no matter what its 1000 degrees in the winding queue or it could be Primeval Whril because its just yellow railing with no real theme? What are your thoughts?

dancin Disney style
04-13-2009, 06:06 PM
It's always BTMR. The line is soooooooooo long and you feel like cattle marching for the slaughter.

PixieMagic
04-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I agree! BTMR is the worst queue EVER!!! It's always long, way too hot, and very boring...:ill:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
04-13-2009, 07:02 PM
The line is soooooooooo long and you feel like cattle marching for the slaughter.
At least that's a theme. I'll go with Peter Pan.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-13-2009, 07:09 PM
I'll also vote for Peter Pan, goes on forever and ever, with nothing to look at, no theming...it is a ride that MUST be FastPassed!

Dopey's Girl
04-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Dumbo. So dull and always very hot!!! Plus you wait for 8 million years, for a 30 second ride!

DreamFinder2
04-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Another vote for Peter Pan.

On the plus side, though...my DW and I always take turns holding places for each other while we use the restrooms at the far end of the queue area. :thumbsup:

tinkerddeedee
04-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I haven't been in 6 years, but the worst line for us was the speedway racetrack (don't even know what it's called:blush:) at MK. Horribly long wait and horribly boring!

andreallybadeggs
04-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Stitch-- because whether you're waiting 30 seconds or 30 minutes you know you're still going to end up experiencing Stitch. ;)

Niecyboo
04-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I've got to go with Test Track. It's long, LOUD and claustrophobic. Bang, bang, clank bang. over and over.

Mousemates
04-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Peter Pan....its unthemed, deceptively long, and has areas where the air doesn't seem to stir ---and thus on hot days the close quarters and "sweat/deodorant factor" can make a long wait seem even longer.

Maleficent_vf
04-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Peter Pan, hands down.

iluvdumbo
04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Test Track, Peter Pan, Dumbo
Test Track always breaks down, so the line takes forever, Peter Pan takes forever too, and Dumbo, you are waiting outside for forever and it moves really slowly!
:mickey: :dumbo:

Duchess99
04-13-2009, 10:20 PM
I've got to go with Test Track. It's long, LOUD and claustrophobic. Bang, bang, clank bang. over and over.

This was the first thing that came to mind as well...all that banging drives me nuts!
Also, any of the Fantasyland rides are bad too...they take forever with no themeing!

playdead88
04-14-2009, 06:00 AM
for me its got to be dumbo - but on the other hand it just doesn't seem right to go to disney and not ride dumbo :mickey:

NJDad
04-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Definitely the Speedway. Out in the sun, sucking in the fumes of the internal combustion engines. It's like hanging out on an overpass on the Garden State Parkway in August with a traffic jam headed down the shore.

Love of Disney
04-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Dumbo....with a very excited DD wondering how long it's going to take.
:cool:

2lilboys
04-14-2009, 07:31 AM
Definitely the Speedway. Out in the sun, sucking in the fumes of the internal combustion engines. It's like hanging out on an overpass on the Garden State Parkway in August with a traffic jam headed down the shore.

That is too funny!! I live at the shore but used to commute for work to North Jersey so I know exactly what you mean.;) I agree the Speedway line is terrible.....we have not gone on that ride in several years because it is so hot and smelly.

Ian
04-14-2009, 09:04 AM
I'd have to say it's Stitch's Great Escape. Because at the end of the line you're in ... well ... Stitch's Great Escape.

'Nuff said. :thumbsup:

DVC2004
04-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I'll go with Peter Pan as well. Long and never ending with nothing to look at. And the line is always horrendous. I don't know why that line is so long all the time. Fav queue line for me is EE. It is so themed and detailed. I don't even mnd waiting while in that line.

mrsgaribaldi
04-14-2009, 09:33 AM
At least that's a theme. I'll go with Peter Pan.

I'm with Peter Pan too. The line is forever. We won't do it anymore of the line is long:mickey:

laprana
04-14-2009, 09:38 AM
I have to go with BTMRR and Test Track, too! BTMRR is sooooo long and hot and all the clanking and clanging in Test Track grates on my nerves after a while. Both rides are must-do FPs for me!!

AmandaChan
04-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I think I may have mentioned this on here before but the Honey I Shrunk the Audience has to be the worst queue. Seriously change the video already!!!!!1

You are pretty much dead on with the BTMR. I don't think Primeval Whirl is so bad just that it's long. That's how waits are at carnivals and that's the feel they're going for?

lockedoutlogic
04-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Peter Pan post Fast pass....

it was fine before....fast pass killed it....

Soarin kinda stinks too.....i like the feel....but you're basically in a straight shoot the whole time....something disney would not have done if it hadn't been a retrofit

beksy
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Peter Pan...and its one of my favorite rides so we have to time it right! Otherwise, we just circle and circle and circle. I think there is some kind of trick that keeps adding lines as you move through it.

Seasonscraps
04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
So many bad queues to choose from...

Test Track for the noise

Soarin for being so bland and uninteresting

BTM for being hot and feeling endless

4ubie1
04-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Rock 'n Roller Coaster has my vote. I have never ridden Peter Pan so I have been saved that pain. But half of the RRC queue is outside and it is just back and forth with ropes separating people. And then the dumbest thing of all :shake:...they move people into a room after standing in line so now people are jockeying :horse: for position near the exit door so they can be in the front of the pack out of the room and hence front of the line. It was sooo annoying and unnecessary too. :angry: Hopefully they have changed this since last time I went.

lockedoutlogic
04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Rock 'n Roller Coaster has my vote. I have never ridden Peter Pan so I have been saved that pain. But half of the RRC queue is outside and it is just back and forth with ropes separating people. And then the dumbest thing of all :shake:...they move people into a room after standing in line so now people are jockeying :horse: for position near the exit door so they can be in the front of the pack out of the room and hence front of the line. It was sooo annoying and unnecessary too. :angry: Hopefully they have changed this since last time I went.

Before fast pass...when the queue was redominantly inside....rock n roller coaster was a pretty good one....

fast pass messed that one up too

Midway mania is kinda bad now that i think about it......they just didn't have the right kinda space in a pre-existing building

Granny Jill A
04-14-2009, 03:10 PM

TT has my vote. I am ready to commit mayhem by the time I get through that line. So, now I go ONLY if I have a fast pass.

The end of the ride isn't much better. The bang, clunk, bang, clunk near the photos is mind-numbing.

brownie
04-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Dumbo gets my vote.

dmosher
04-14-2009, 03:49 PM
I hate to say it, but as much as I love PP and SW, the queues are less that desirable. No that I want them to change, just wish there was some distraction/visual to see while I wait. Other than that little kids swinging on the rope... get off of there... that;s not a ride!
:pipes:
D

ShanPooh
04-14-2009, 03:56 PM
The queue to go through security at Orlando airport heading home :cry: long and sad!

rkwctw
04-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Another vote for Speedway, but also Its a Small World.
:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
04-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Some pretty good choices here. My vote goes for RNRC. Outside just concrete walls. Move two feet, stop for 5 minutes. Move another two feet, stop and so on for about 60 min. Then inside, more often than not you get rushed through the studio room for a ride that is over in a couple of minutes. Most painful queue for us by a very long shot.

PixieMagic
04-14-2009, 10:19 PM
The queue to go through security at Orlando airport heading home :cry: long and sad!

Ha ha so true!! Even worse is the line to get on the plane... boo!!! :(

tjstrike
04-15-2009, 12:34 AM
My vote is for Astro Orbiter. Always a long line for a carnival type ride, then a hot, smelly ride in the elevator. :sick:

dmosher
04-15-2009, 05:34 AM

I agree, though mine is the line in LAX (Los Angeles) after the flight from Orlando... knowing I have a 14 hours flight after that to get back home. OUCH! But I agree. Airplane home: worst queue/attraction ever!
D

LarryBoy
04-15-2009, 08:44 AM
My vote is for Astro Orbiter. Always a long line for a carnival type ride, then a hot, smelly ride in the elevator. :sick:

That elevator ride is the worst. :sick: The smell is just brutal. Does anybody else feel claustrophobic in the last part of the Splash Mtn line? That long "cave"/ hall is just a little too narrow, and it can get stuffy unless you're standing right under a vent.

DawsonAR
04-15-2009, 09:59 AM
I'll say Peter Pan. It is so long and boring.

EJS-Houston
04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
We've all become spoiled by the new rides' engaging, sometimes interactive (Soariin) queues.

joonyer
04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Both BTMRR and Primieval Whirl have unimaginative queues, but both rides are a lot of fun. Seems Disney could do something to make the waiting a little more interesting.

LittleSpirit02
04-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm gonna just say the ones where you are outside going through medal barriers in general. I guess I'd throw BTM into the mix, too, although that one doesn't seem as bad as some.

SBETigg
04-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Peter Pan is the worst for me. I actually like BTMRR's queue. And I like Test Track, even with the extra noise, because there's a lot to take in. But Peter Pan has such a standard, dull queue and it's almost always a long wait.

dmosher
04-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Peter Pan is the worst for me. I actually like BTMRR's queue. And I like Test Track, even with the extra noise, because there's a lot to take in. But Peter Pan has such a standard, dull queue and it's almost always a long wait.

I agree on both accounts, sadly. I really enjoy the Test track line. I see something new there every time.
D

cgriff
04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
That elevator ride is the worst. :sick: The smell is just brutal. Does anybody else feel claustrophobic in the last part of the Splash Mtn line? That long "cave"/ hall is just a little too narrow, and it can get stuffy unless you're standing right under a vent.

Yeah, why does the Astro Orbiter elevator smell so funky anyway?

I actually really like the long, narrow "cave" section of the SplashMtn queue...

cinderellagrl
04-16-2009, 10:40 AM
I dread standing in line for test track... without the noise it would be very interesting, but I just cannot stand the clinking and clanking...

I also really dislike the wait for soarin... too many people cramped into too small of an area, always pushing and shoving- there is always the party or two who try to sneak past a huge part of the line, while everyone else is playing the games... grrrrrr!

ewww, I just forgot about Buzz, the line is always sooo dirty... I don't know what it is about this area, but there is trash, mud, and filth all over!

bwk99
04-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Peter Pan is by far the worst que for me..

big blue and hairy
04-16-2009, 11:02 AM
I'd have to say it's Stitch's Great Escape. Because at the end of the line you're in ... well ... Stitch's Great Escape.

'Nuff said. :thumbsup:
Actually I'd say the que is the best part of Stitch's Great Escape...:cool:

:sulley:

Baloofan
04-16-2009, 11:19 AM
I'll also vote for Peter Pan, goes on forever and ever, with nothing to look at, no theming...it is a ride that MUST be FastPassed!

Peter Pan would move a lot better if there were no fastpass. The ride is constantly moving. The line would also be constantly moving if they would not have to hold up the regular line to let fastpassers on!

Villains0501
04-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I think Soarin' because it has interesting trivia, but that trivia does get very old!

Imagineer1981
04-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I'd have to add Soarin too. If I wanted to wait in a long boring hospital like environment, I would just stay at MCO

BriarRose0708
04-17-2009, 12:03 PM
my least favorite would have to be for rock n' rollercaoster. It takes forever in standby to get into the pre show, and then at least another 10-15 minutes to get into the actual ride car. If there aren't any fastpasses I don't do it.

JRocker
04-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I had to thunk on this one a bit, because somewhere in the back of my little brain there was a queue memory screaming to come out.

The theatre queue lines, like Philaharmagic, or Bugs Life.

The doors open and everybody gets rude.

ryca1dreams
04-18-2009, 10:00 AM
I have to vote for Speedway - always hot and long and in the sun
-Peter Pan is always long, but at least the queue music is pleasant (when you can hear it)
-IASW has the clock that goes off every 15 minutes
- BTMRR is sometimes shorter and partially shaded. Still boring though
- Don't ride Dumbo anymore, but hey it's Dumbo!

caryrae
04-18-2009, 10:22 AM
I think I may have mentioned this on here before but the Honey I Shrunk the Audience has to be the worst queue. Seriously change the video already!!!!!

These are the worst (the 3-D Movies) just a big crowd of people all waiting to go through a few doors all at once pushing and shoving.

Mfarquar
04-18-2009, 11:17 AM
I agree with a lot of the other posters - Peter Pan! You can SEE where you need to go - you're physically very close. But, you're moving at a snail's pace and proximity is just MOCKING you. There's no themeing and very little break from the heat.

LudwigVonDrake
04-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Peter Pan is the most deceptive queue ever. Just when you think you're close you're not :laughing:

Daisy'sMom
04-19-2009, 12:17 PM
We never mind waiting in any queue. It is fun to talk to everyone around you. The longest queue I was ever in has to be SM, before fast pass. I think we waited 1 hour, 40 minutes. (DH insist it was 2 hours) But we enjoyed it. We got to meet people from all over the world while waiting in a queue.:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
04-19-2009, 02:26 PM
gotta throw Malestrom in the mix here. Hmm, we have a dark narrow hallway followed by a plain-jane serpentine. At least it's nice and cool...

Soarin is also pretty bad. The VERY long wait isn't made much better by a very narrow walkway with bare metal walls.

thejens
04-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Ooo I have to agree with Malestrom. It is deceiving also. But honestly, I won't wait very long in a line. I will fast pass or 30 minutes max. Vacation to me is not standing and waiting.

Marceline
04-19-2009, 06:41 PM
We never mind waiting in any queue. It is fun to talk to everyone around you. The longest queue I was ever in has to be SM, before fast pass. I think we waited 1 hour, 40 minutes. (DH insist it was 2 hours) But we enjoyed it. We got to meet people from all over the world while waiting in a queue.:mickey:

I have to agree with you Daisy's Mom. Patiently waiting is the name of the game at WDW. It's a good chance to chat with those around you, or I like to just practice Zen. Your on vacation and at Disneyworld....no rush, no hurry, no worry. :D

kemps@wdw
04-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Any one that's not in the shade and has no ambviance!

Rhetoric2000
04-20-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm going with Peter Pan - like others have said it is a MUST fast pass.

And also Test Track - that noise would send me barmy if I was in there for any length of time.

The ALL-TIME winner however must be 20,000 Leagues - a nightmare scenario for anything over a 25 minute wait.

The Pooh meet-n-greet however does give a good tribute to it in terms of horrible sunny dull wait.

WDW_Obsessed
04-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Does anybody else feel claustrophobic in the last part of the Splash Mtn line? That long "cave"/ hall is just a little too narrow, and it can get stuffy unless you're standing right under a vent.

I definitley do!! It always makes me a little anxious, and I always seem to get stopped there after I've been trucking along the whole rest of the que line.

In addition, I vote for BTMRR. I always feel like I'm waiting in line for a roller coaster at an amusement park instead of being at Disney, the king of theming!

paragon
04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Oh, its Peter Pan, no doubt. its the one I dread the most. Every time. Even next week when I'll be there. I'm dreading it now too. LOL.

Laughin' place
04-21-2009, 01:42 PM
I know its often long, but I cant agree with all who chose Peter Pan. I love the ride ( a guilty pleasure), and the background music that plays there (the string version of the song segment "you can fly, you can fly, you can fly") is some of my very favorite area/line music.

I'll vote for (against ?) Dumbo. Hot, sunny, long, no theme. It had a payoff when the boys were small ( my youngested lived for that silly ride), but now I'd have to say its the worst wait.

I'd give Soarin' a close second. Ive heard there are special effects to entertain you at times, but when we were there in 6/08, it was a long dark maze of blank walls. I truly felt like one of Mickey's less famous relatives, expecting a piece of cheese at the end of the maze.

Mickey91
04-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Dumbo Love the ride, hate the line.

LarryBoy
04-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Didn't Peter Pan move much better before they added FP? I think that adding FP really hurt that ride. Don't get me wrong I still love Peter Pan, but that wait can be ridiculous. It's one now I won't do without a FP or the GAC.

Pop Centurion
04-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Considering the time of year we always go long lines aren't an issue. So most of the one's mentioned because of heat don't apply.
So for me (and I'm sure there will be many moans & groans for this) it is without a doubt The Great Movie Ride.
Being forced to watch some of those corny movie clips makes me want to bang my head against the rails. I like Indy, Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, Alien, etc. But The Searchers, Singing in the Rain, Mary Poppins aren't for me.

Iluvpooh
04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Peter Pan is the most deceptive queue ever. Just when you think you're close you're not :laughing:
No I think the Jungle Cruise is the most deceptive. It's like almost, almost, almost and then another corner.

LarryBoy
04-23-2009, 08:22 AM
So for me (and I'm sure there will be many moans & groans for this) it is without a doubt The Great Movie Ride.
Being forced to watch some of those corny movie clips makes me want to bang my head against the rails. I like Indy, Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, Alien, etc. But The Searchers, Singing in the Rain, Mary Poppins aren't for me.

Moan, groan. :D I love the GMR line. Usually the line isn't too long, so I'm holding up people while looking at the memorabilia and I like the old trailers unless it's really crowded and you have to watch them many times.

cinderella crazy
04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
I would have to say Dumbo. I dislike it so much, we very rarely go on the ride.

BMan62
04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
ANY that is longer than 15-20 minutes!!!

Honestly, I rarely mind waiting in a Disney queue, knowing what lies at the end makes it all worthwhile.

Mackflava99
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Test Track, Astro Orbiter, and Kila majaro safari- are all terrible

BTMR is bad but not as bad as others

how about the Land Boat ride? that could be fast or sluggish- and the song repeats and repeats

Captain_Nemo
04-25-2009, 05:32 PM
BTMR is bad the fans just do not cut it

i'm grumpy
04-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Have to say the speedway. :sick:

Meteora
04-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Ooo I have to agree with Malestrom. It is deceiving also. But honestly, I won't wait very long in a line. I will fast pass or 30 minutes max. Vacation to me is not standing and waiting.

I agree. 35 minutes is that absolute longest I will purposely wait in a line. Sometimes there are breakdowns, etc., that cause a line to be longer than expected, but I won't get in a line where the posted wait is longer than 35 minutes.

That being said, I pretty much refuse to stand in the Soarin' line without a fastpass. That humongous wall sort of terrifies me.

disneychick62
04-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Ill have to agree with BTMMR only because it gets really HOT in that waiting area, but i also think by far its gotta be all that standing and waiting in the Soarin area....good god my bad knee cant take it!! :(

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
04-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Peter Pan's Flight..hot, long, slow, boring :D

Imagineer1981
04-28-2009, 05:40 PM
OOOHH, I thought of another one...the parking lot tram at MK at park close in August with 95% humidity!!!

BriarRose
04-28-2009, 05:59 PM
RnRC is my least favorite.

And, although it is my favorite, nothing makes me feel more like cattle then getting in line for the Doombuggies on the HM.

JRock0114
04-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Soarin'.........I feel like I am sitting in an airport for an hour and 1/2. Even with the goofy "Wall games"......it is bad.

Also waiting for Finding Nemo the Musical is bad. Because no matter if you waited an hour or 2 minutes......in the middle of your nap, you wake up and say "Holy ****, I waited that time for this snore-fest? Let's go outside and watch grass grow for a little more excitement."

LOL.....go ahead and flame me for that. I don't care. That show is awful. Go see Festival of the Lion King.

MaxPower
04-29-2009, 06:42 PM
If it's crowded in the Magic Kingdom, any mountain's wait line is annoying.