PDA

View Full Version : Wife wants to go back...Now!!! lol

Recusit8m
04-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi all...Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for a wife who didnt want to have anything to do with WDW prior to our trip this past January...Now she wants to book a trip next month...Keep in mind that she had never been there prior to our family vaca...Ummm I talked her into going the first time...I was planning on surprising her with a 2 week trip to New Zealand upon her graduation from Phd this winter...lol...What have I created??? lol

SBETigg
04-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Ah, she's one of us now. Congratulations! Though, NZ sounds very nice. My son spent some time there last summer and loved it.

BMan62
04-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I know just how she feels!!! Now she has to make up for lost time - get as much WDW as possible as soon as possible!!!

I'd say it was just a phase, but I haven't come out of my WDW obsession in over 6 years!

Well, you could still surprise her by booking Poly or AKL or WL for your next stay.

MickeyandTink
04-13-2009, 04:11 PM
As big a Disney nut as my DW :tink: is, she wouldn't hesitate for a moment to go to New Zealand over WDW. She has been to WDW. If she has never been to Australia or New Zealand, then she might prefer something new.
However, you know your wife better than any of us. There is no "wrong" answer.

Mousemates
04-13-2009, 05:00 PM
:mickey: Welcome to my world :mickey:

dancin Disney style
04-13-2009, 05:57 PM
I have the same problem with my hubby. He hated WDW to the point that I went alone with our daughter. Then in 2007 we were planning a trip to Vegas and out of curiousity I priced out a week with the free dining promo. It would cost less for the whole family to go to WDW for 9 days than a 5 day adult trip to Vegas. I mentioned it and he was luke warm to it then I threw in the clincher.....it would most likely be our last chance for the whole family to take a trip together since oldest daughter was graduating. BAM....he said OK.

Now he's all about the food. Last year we stayed 2 weeks and right now he's pushing me to book for this September.

Who knew????

BluewaterBrad
04-13-2009, 06:41 PM
WDW is HEAVEN!! Plan well...........................have FUN!!

irish1967
04-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Hmmm - WDW vs New Zealand - hard choice.

Personally, I would present her with the choices and let her choose. I know it takes away from the "surprise" element but personally half the fun is in the planning and anticipating the trip.

Let us know what you choose!

stardebby
04-13-2009, 09:43 PM
DH and me were there for 3 days in Feb. and are going back in June for a week.:mickey:

Alaska Disney Fan
04-13-2009, 10:12 PM
My wife had to fight to get me to go the first time in 2004, 5 years later and we are going back for our 6th time, we arrive 2 weeks from today. I plan most of the trips now....I'm hooked!:D

Insanity Clause
04-13-2009, 11:04 PM
I think that your wife and I are a lot alike. I never wanted anything to do with going to Disney World even though I married an fanatic. He finally got me there against my will in 2001 and due to having babies and finaces we have not been able to get get back until now and now you can't get me there fast enough. I would give your wife the option. Though quite frankly, as wonderful as WDW is....I would take NZ in heartbeat!!

thejens
04-13-2009, 11:38 PM
I was like your wife too! I planned my trip out of a sense of duty to my children. Now I think I like it better than they do! Clearly you must go to both Disney World and NZ. I am a have my cake and eat it too kind of girl.

dmosher
04-14-2009, 01:20 AM
I went through the exact same thing a few years ago. DW made fun of me for loving WDW so much, then took me there for my birthday. Now despite living on the other side of the planet and she still plans a trip every year! Did you create a monster? Maybe. Just sit back, relax and enjoy it.
:pipes:
D

tjstrike
04-14-2009, 02:54 AM
I would go ahead and surprise her with the NZ trip and save WDW for next year.

dmosher
04-14-2009, 04:37 AM
I would go ahead and surprise her with the NZ trip and save WDW for next year.

NEVER! Ha. She planned this one. We already live in NZ and she actually planned our trip (this weekend) to the South Island. I can't surprise her with trips. In order to get her a surprise birthday gift, I have to take out cash. haha
D

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-14-2009, 08:42 AM
I can relate...I was in my 30s the first time I went and really wasn't expecting anything special, it was more for my son....hahahaha, now I am the first one always wanting to go back.

AmandaChan
04-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Ummm yeah, DH and I had to go in 2007 at the last minute because my passport for Spain gave me all kinds of heck and we ended up having to change it all at the last MINUTE. Ever since I've had my passport and we always talk about a trip to Spain but WDW always trumps our ambitions somehow!! Last year (there wasn't even supposed to be a last year trip, we planned a wedding in two weeks and decided that we had to go to WDW for honeymoon) was supposed to be our last trip for a while and see where that got us.

KevMcNJ
04-14-2009, 11:06 PM
my wifes first visit to WDW was in January 2008. I wasnt sure if she would like it or not.

Our first day there she was already talking about what we needed to do differently on our next trip to WDw.

Our 2nd trip in Feb 2009 was longer and she said recently that she cried on our last day there.

Im already making plans for our Jan 2010 trip.
shes already stated that she would have no problem with another stay in POFQ

castlelady36
04-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Ha Ha She was bitten by the Disney bug!!! I was infected long ago and the feeling never stops!!

dmosher
04-16-2009, 06:11 AM
Ha Ha She was bitten by the Disney bug!!! I was infected long ago and the feeling never stops!!

Nice, I am so glad that bug bit my wife, thanks Disney Bug buzz buzz!
D

acetate
04-16-2009, 09:40 PM
(Walking slowly forward with arms outstretched) ...One of us....one of us...
You gotta love it.

the other micki
04-17-2009, 11:33 AM

Can these "bugs" be found at Animal Kingdom? I really want my DH to get bit. Mosquitos love him...why not Disney bugs?

Ksmith75
04-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I had never been to Disney as a child or even in my 20s. My husband took me in 2007 (when i was 31) - it was mostly his idea, even though I did want to go, but I thought it would be just ok. Well, we went back in 2008 and are going in 7 days! I now love it so much - and we are currently planning for our 2010 trip. I was so upset in 2007 when we left after 5 days...now we go for 10. Yes, my husband created a Disney monster ...:mickey: I love it...It is the best place in the world!

mickeys_princess_mom
04-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Can these "bugs" be found at Animal Kingdom? I really want my DH to get bit. Mosquitos love him...why not Disney bugs?

All the parks! Just step through the turnstile and breathe in the pixiedust. :pixie: Quite sure this is airborn...
Love this thread! :wave:

Nini5055
04-20-2009, 12:20 PM
I was like your wife too! I planned my trip out of a sense of duty to my children. Now I think I like it better than they do! Clearly you must go to both Disney World and NZ. I am a have my cake and eat it too kind of girl.

LOL...I was just thinking the same thing!!!

My vote is to do BOTH. :blush: