PDA

View Full Version : AK Evening EMH

LarryBoy
04-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Is it worth doing an evening EMH at the AK? We will be visiting in late July and the AK will have a couple of evening EMHs. Are the crowds better? Is there enough to do? If the park closes at 7 pm how long does the EMH usually run?

Imagineer1981
04-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Evening EMH are a lot of fun. Most of the animals are gone for the day, but rides like EE at night are awesome. The park has an amazing lighting theme and its really sad that most don't get to experience it

elmjimmlm
04-13-2009, 11:28 AM
We did the evening EMH and it was great...We were on KRR right when it was getting dark and there were no lights on yet and we got to ride it semi-dark and loved it...Then we rode it a few more times by staying on it and it was soooo much fun in the dark...EE has a great look in the dark...

DANAM
04-13-2009, 07:27 PM
We always do AK EMH evenings. Even in the summer its so much cooler than the days there. This is the one park that I think the evening EMH are better than AM EMH.

rkwctw
04-13-2009, 07:34 PM
How crowded is it for evening EMH? We will be there in June and would like to go, but want to deal with a lot of people.
Side note how is the evening EMH working without wrist bands?
:mickey:

LarryBoy
04-14-2009, 12:55 PM
The list says K Safari is open for EMH, do they really let you ride at night? Are the animals still out? Also, how long is a pm EMH at AK during the summer?

jans2kids
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
We did the AK EMH last August and they were open until 10pm. There was a sign up stating the last Safari would leave at 7pm. It's still nice to see the safari with the sun lowering in the skyKali River rapids kept running until closing and we were able to ride 5 times without getting off. EE is also fun in the dark plus they usually run 1 or 2 extra Lion King Shows for EMH.

LarryBoy
04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Can you come in a park after an EMH starts in the evening or do you have to be in the park before closing? The reason I ask is that we are thinking of doing dinner at Boma and then heading over to AK for some of the EMH. I can make ADRs next week so I'm finalizing our plans and need to know how late we can eat and still make it.

Mousemates
04-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Evening EMH are THE time to do AK...EE, KRR, are best enjoyed at night...also the whole carnival area around primevil whirl takes on a whole new atmosphere in the early evening and night when the sky darkens and the lights begin to glow. The light variations also make viewing some of the carved animals on the Tree of Life a lot more vivid.

BMan62
04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Can you come in a park after an EMH starts in the evening or do you have to be in the park before closing? The reason I ask is that we are thinking of doing dinner at Boma and then heading over to AK for some of the EMH. I can make ADRs next week so I'm finalizing our plans and need to know how late we can eat and still make it.

Sure. If you are a resort guest, you can enter the park for evening EMH at any time in the three hour period.

LarryBoy
04-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Sure. If you are a resort guest, you can enter the park for evening EMH at any time in the three hour period.

Has that changed since they stopped doing arm bands, or has it always been that way?