PDA

View Full Version : GAC and wheelchairs vs stroller

jusandnew
04-13-2009, 09:05 AM
We went to MK and HS last weekend. The first day we had the GAC and double stroller. My son has asperger's sydrome and can not deal with the crowds, lines and a lot noise. We stayed in the fast pass lines. Some times it was 15-20 minutes wait.
When we went to HS and wheelchair we went straight through the alternate lines that made it easier for him.
If someone wants to know the difference between the GAC and using wheelchair or stroller there is a big difference.
At first I felt bad about using the alternate lines , but it saved us meltdowns. When we go back we will use the wheelchair again.

DawsonAR
04-13-2009, 11:58 AM
My DD (9) has a wheelchair that looks more like a stroller and a regular "heavy duty" wheelchair. The first few trips we took the lighter model that looks like a stroller. We had many, many issues with this. The last few trips we have take her larger chair and it has been much easier and less stressful. I no longer have to explain to every CM and bus driver that her other chair is actually a wheelchair. It has made life so much easier. :mickey:

kakn7294
04-13-2009, 12:43 PM
It's a shame that you have to spend so much time explaining the "Stroller as Wheelchair" concept to so many people, especially CMs.

alaMode
04-13-2009, 12:44 PM
and used the fp entrance where available or the alternate entrance, per the GAC he was issued.

We didn't have any issues with the busses.

We were there 3/29-4/5.

Everyone was great!

Tess
poly 07, 08
pop 09 (my new fave resort!)
pop 10 (already planning ahead!)