PDA

View Full Version : Noise level at restaurants

Nicki'sMom
04-12-2009, 12:33 PM
We are going to be heading back to the world with our 5 yo and our 13 month old. As much as I wish we could wait until he is older we wanted one more magical trip while the 5 yo is still an official preschooler. So that being said, I am starting to think about my ADR's and have ruled out a few because of noise levels. I don't want the baby to be bothered by it. For ex...CM is quite a show so I was thinking Donalds Safari Breakfast. Can anybody suggest any other dining that is more low key? Doesn't have to have characters. Also thinking about LeCellier...thanks in advance :mickey:

wdwfansince75
04-12-2009, 12:53 PM
As soon as I read your first few sentences, I was thinking of our experience with DGS#4, who was 6 mo on our last trip.....And I was going to recommend Donald's Safari Breakfast.....Much quieter than CM.....although with our large party, at CM, they sat us up the steps, at a large table, by the windows towards MK....much quieter up there...#4 had his first character encounters there.....and loved it!

If you want quiet, consider Garden Grill.....We enjoyed the food and characters (dinner only), and found it almost like dining privately....
Also consider Rose and Crown, outdoor seating....quiet, relaxing, but enough visual features to keep the youngest one distracted.

ElenitaB
04-12-2009, 03:38 PM
I was going to suggest Garden Grill as well... the character interaction is great and as the restaurant revolves and is in the round, the kids don't see the characters until they're almost at your table plus there's a constant change of scenario, which is a big help with potentially fidgety little ones. The food is good as well. And generally, it's on the quiet side.

Sunshine1010
04-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I have no idea why this 'is'.....but WDW restaurants have to be the noisiest restaurants I've ever been in. Not sure why.

BUT...the other two posts were correct. Garden Grill seems to be the 'quietist'. I've never eaten there, but just walking by....it seems to be a little calmer than other places.

Maybe ANY restaurant at 11am. (Like Coral Reef, etc.). No crowded since it is just filling up.

Have a great time.

MickeyandTink
04-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Another vote for Garden Grill. The food is a little more "homestyle" than I normally care for, but it was decent tasting. Also, it is pretty relaxing and quiet. I would recommend getting a lower level booth if you can as that will give you a better view of the ride going through the land.

Le Cellier was also pretty quiet, but it can be extremely difficult to get in. If you can get a good ADR time, then it can be worth it, but the later your ADR's, the greater chance your seating will be even later.