PDA

View Full Version : Two things are better than one

MongoMil
04-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Little background we are staying 9 nights at POP and last 3 nights at WL

O.K. The first thing is with the POP. Pro's and con's of either the 50's or 70's sections.

Second: Where to stay with a woods view at WL.

ryca1dreams
04-12-2009, 02:23 PM
The best I can tell you about the Pop selection is that the 70s are fairly close to the Main building and food court. I have never been in the 50s, but they were fairly close too.

However, last trip we were put in the closer of the 80s buildings and it was the closest of all to the bus stop (via a parking lot), but the other 80s building is on the other side of the pool.

Hope that is some info...

dmosher
04-12-2009, 07:36 PM
It may sound like cheating, but we virtually any room with a woods view will be a great one. To avoid noise, go for the higher floored rooms. This lets less noise in and also allows you to open your windows. When we stayed on the ground floor we had to keep our doors closed to keep lizards and from what I heard the occasional little snake from sneaking in. The best room we stayed in with a woods view was 4148 (thats 148 on level 4). It was a great room, quiet, peaceful and you can take the back stairwell down to ground level and use the secret exit right to the bus stop. Anything in that are, on that side would be great as long as it was not too close to the Villas pool.
:pipes:
D

dmosher
04-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Check this Wilderness Lodge Room Locator (http://users.hartwick.edu/heydukr/wlrooms.htm) out. This is what we used until be signed up for the DVC Villas. Use the room numbers and then add a 1, 2, 3, 4, etc at the beginning (i.e. 4102) to designate which floor you want to be on. hope this helps.
D

MongoMil
04-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the WL info. :thanks:

thejens
04-14-2009, 12:15 AM
I keep hearing a lot about noise at POP. Should I request one far away from the pool? We don't mind walking.

dmosher
04-14-2009, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the WL info. :thanks:

No problem (from all of us), thanks for asking.
D

DANAM
04-14-2009, 11:39 AM
We have stay 3 time at POP in the 80's building right next to century hall and bus stops but this time we are trying the 50's building. Many good comments from intercot on the 50's building.

AmandaChan
04-14-2009, 12:15 PM
We stayed in the 50's section for 9 nights back in the back, probably as far as you can get from the main entrance. It was a walk but the only noise we heard were from the people next to us and above us EVERY NOW AND THEN. It was very peaceful back where we were. Our pool was also never too busy and they have a laundry room right next to the building. I would stay back there again.

dancin Disney style
04-14-2009, 03:16 PM
POP....

50s are a touch further to the food court and buses only because they are located at the far end of the main building. So, that makes the 70s a touch closer for the same reason. 70s is a very short walk from the bus stop because you can cut through the parking lot. Both buildings have good access to the parking lot if you have a car.

50s has it's own pool, 70s does not which makes it a little quieter.