PDA

View Full Version : Changing reservations once there?

disney1026
04-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently booked ADRs for my upcoming trip in May. Usually I call to book 90 days in advance, but this ended up being a "surprise" trip. I was disappointed to find that most places I wanted to eat were booked. I was wondering if anyone has ever had luck getting better reservations once they are at WDW. For example, we are staying at AKL and couldn't even get Boma! I would hope there would be some spots left open for resort guests, but maybe not?

Thanks!

Seasonscraps
04-11-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm in the doesn't hurt to ask camp. I would keep calling until I arrive and then check with Guest Services at the resort. I have had decent luck getting last minute ADRs while down there.

kakn7294
04-11-2009, 02:02 PM
It never hurts to ask. I hope you can get something you want! Good luck!

SBETigg
04-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Staying at the resort probably won't matter, but getting ADRs by calling back sometimes works out. I would try now and try while you're there. People cancel or don't show. It's possible. We've been lucky a few times.

ransam
04-11-2009, 02:22 PM
first of all keep calling every day.
it never hurts...and sometimes you get lucky.
second of all every morning you wake up, call disney dining and see if they have anything you want..
third of all go to the resturant you want to go, as soon as you get to the park, make a reservation, it may be late, but sometimes you can get in....then go enjoy the park and show up at your time
also..try lunches..they are often much easier to get, and make it a later lunch...then use your counter service for your dinner.

TysMomTink
04-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Agreed. Don't despair. I was able to get 'Ohana last year same day. At a decent time too (6:45, I think) so it is possible. :mickey:

DisNut
04-11-2009, 10:41 PM
My daughter and I were in WDW for a week beginning March 20th. We had advance reservations (made in December) for Kona Cafe on March 25th. Unfortunately, my daughter was feeling well, so I went to our conceirge services in POR, cancelled that evening's reservations which were for 7 p.m. and luckily got another reservation for the next evening (Thursday) at 8 p.m.

While waiting for our table, I saw a couple come up and ask about availability for a table and were told there was about a 1/2 hour wait and I believe they were called even before that.

So, I'd keep trying before your trip and even after you arrive at your resort.

Good luck to you.

dmosher
04-12-2009, 12:06 AM
I would say, worst case scenario, stop by the desk at Boma and ask if there are any spots for the day. IF the answer is no, head off to the parks, then come back later and ask again, keep doing this. DW and I ended up with only a 20 minute wait during Dinner time at Jiko. It never hurts to try.
:pipes:
D

dancin Disney style
04-12-2009, 11:56 AM
If you are willing to eat early...around 4ish....you can often get walk-ins.

As stated keep calling. Last year we went last minute during FD and over the course of about 2 weeks I manged to get every ADR I wanted all at good times. We even got into the luau. I called everyday and sometimes twice.

dmosher
04-12-2009, 06:42 PM
As stated keep calling. I called everyday and sometimes twice.

Yep, it is all about persistence. Just keep trying and be courteous about it. I love hearing people get upset and irate at a CM in hopes it will help their situation. trust me, it will not.
:pipes:
D