PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Resort TV

tomorrowschild
04-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi All,

We are in WDW as I write this.
When we left the hotel at 5:00pm yesterday the resort TV (Top 7) was the old version. When we returned to the room at 2:00am (EMH's at MK) the resort TV had changed. It is a brand new version with Stacey....and I mean NEW! There is no longer the Top 7 things to do...it is the Top Things To Do (no number attatched). It has a bit of a new look- with Stacey acting as a sort of VJ (or news anchor)- intorducing each segment- then goes on to each park. It has lots of new footage of her in the parks (new outfits)- but also contains some of the old footage (old outfits).
I just thought everyone here would appreciate hearing that. :mickey:

DizRunner
04-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Wow, what a surprise that must've been seeing the changeover. Very cool.

So what were your thoughts on it. Do you like it?

Will definately miss Top 7. (But thank you to some Disney tekies out there that who've allowed me to get a copy of it for me to view whenever.) The Top 7 will always me near and dear to my heart as it was the Resort TV when I started going down to WDW alone to run marathon weekend.

Actually, though, I understand it's time for a change. And thank goodness, they are keeping Stacey. I don't care what people say, I love seeing her over and over while I'm there.

I just might send her a note from her website saying I'm glad they've kept her for the new Resort TV.

morebroccoli
04-11-2009, 09:45 AM
i just miss the 'zipadedoodaa tip for today' era of resort tv. i wish they'd bring something like that back! it didnt really focus on one host, it just showed you all the good STUFF!

stacy's voice... its just her... voice. i just... cant handle. i'm sure shes a real nice person and all but just.. noooooo.

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I prefer to watch, "I LOVE APPLIANCES!!!" :wave:

ibrowse17
04-11-2009, 10:52 AM
I look forward to seeing what they have done:thumbsup:

DawsonAR
04-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm glad to hear we will have something new to watch when we get there.

WDWFanatic
04-11-2009, 11:24 AM
How cool that you got to see the old and the new all on the same trip!:thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing it in 10 days!!!!

badkitty
04-11-2009, 12:04 PM
i just miss the 'zipadedoodaa tip for today' era of resort tv. i wish they'd bring something like that back! it didnt really focus on one host, it just showed you all the good STUFF!

stacy's voice... its just her... voice. i just... cant handle. i'm sure shes a real nice person and all but just.. noooooo.

I am so glad I am not alone! Reading posts from others, I thought I was the only one. It is her voice. The way she reads her lines drives me nuts. I actually enjoy the host of the spanish version much better.

dancin Disney style
04-12-2009, 10:49 AM
My family thinks I'm nuts but I love watching Stacey. I watch it over and over again everytime we are there.

DisneyWithoutTheSpin
04-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, have to admit I do love watching Stacey when we are at WDW. Am interested to see the new version.

shev
04-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't think we turned on the t.v. last time we were there. I'll have to check it out when we get there in 2 weeks. yaaaa

Polynesian Dweller
04-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I am so glad I am not alone! Reading posts from others, I thought I was the only one. It is her voice. The way she reads her lines drives me nuts.
Me as well. She seems a very nice person but for me it doesn't take a lot of her for there to be way too much of her. I was hoping that they might change everything about that program.

BluewaterBrad
04-12-2009, 05:07 PM
The channel never changes from Stacey on our trips!:mickey:

AmandaChan
04-12-2009, 05:17 PM
DH will love that. He likes her for some reason.

dmosher
04-12-2009, 06:06 PM
I am happy to see it has changed, the last few years have been the same over and over. I too miss the Z-D-D ...Tip For Today. There is a Podcast that plays it whenever someone sends in a tip and I get all nostalgic. If anyone actually has a DVD copy of the old promo spots, I'd love a copy!!!!

On a Stacey note, DW hates her. I mean really hates her. She groans whenever she comes on. She says she is just too PEPPY. hehe Personally I like her. Her enthusiasm gets me primed up and ready to hit the parks, which is why I turn it on before we leave every morning.
:pipes:
D

DisneyPrincess21
04-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi All,

We are in WDW as I write this.
When we left the hotel at 5:00pm yesterday the resort TV (Top 7) was the old version. When we returned to the room at 2:00am (EMH's at MK) the resort TV had changed. It is a brand new version with Stacey....and I mean NEW! There is no longer the Top 7 things to do...it is the Top Things To Do (no number attatched). It has a bit of a new look- with Stacey acting as a sort of VJ (or news anchor)- intorducing each segment- then goes on to each park. It has lots of new footage of her in the parks (new outfits)- but also contains some of the old footage (old outfits).
I just thought everyone here would appreciate hearing that. :mickey:

:minnie: Yea! I'll miss the top 7 but I can watch it online. I am glad there will be something new to watch when I go in December! And I am happy they used Stacy again, I love her. Thanks for the update! :wave:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-12-2009, 09:36 PM
I too miss the "Tip for Today" but I can put the resort TV and just use it for background noise. It's a great way to start your day.

JPL
04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Can't wait to see the new one I have to admit the ToP 7 was getting old and tired but now we have some new Stacey to watch :thumbsup:

Mousemates
04-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Put me in the "glad they finally updated it" category too.

BMan62
04-13-2009, 07:59 AM
On a Stacey note, DW hates her. I mean really hates her. She groans whenever she comes on. She says she is just too PEPPY. hehe

Would she rather have Eeyore doing the spiel - "Oh, joy! Triple mountain whammy!" in his depressing monotone? :thedolls:

laprana
04-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the update! Can't wait to watch the new version in just 41 days!! :thumbsup:

Belster
04-13-2009, 09:51 AM
This just makes me even more excited for my next trip. Stacey is another part of the Disney ambiance for us. :tink:

MickeyMousse
04-13-2009, 09:59 AM
i just miss the 'zipadedoodaa tip for today' era of resort tv.
:ditto:

:exactly:
I just find her annoying!

Pop Centurion
04-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Glad it's been updated but I hope they kept some of my favorite lines like "Pretzels und Beer", "Fish, fish, fish, everywhere fish", and "The tribal ryhthm was like unhh, all in my butt"

cinderellagrl
04-15-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm glad to hear this! I love to watch stacey as I prepare for my day.... She always gets me in the "Disney Mode"! Its also a first day tradition to get to the room, check out the view, then turn on stacey while we prepare to head to the park...

ShanPooh
04-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I prefer to watch, "I LOVE APPLIANCES!!!" :wave:

:rotfl: We get a kick out of that, too! :silly:

dmosher
04-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Would she rather have Eeyore doing the spiel - "Oh, joy! Triple mountain whammy!" in his depressing monotone? :thedolls:

Haha yeah! Actually, I would love to hear that. Over there's Splash Mountain, could go on it... don't know why I bother. Probably just get wet anyway.
Sweet!
D

DisneyPrincess21
04-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Haha yeah! Actually, I would love to hear that. Over there's Splash Mountain, could go on it... don't know why I bother. Probably just get wet anyway.
Sweet!
D

:funny:

big blue and hairy
04-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I prefer to watch, "I LOVE APPLIANCES!!!" :wave:Make is stop, make it STOP!! I don't just see (and hear) it on vacation....

:sulley:

Gator
04-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I just wish they'd bring back the zip-eh-dee-doo-dah-tip-for-the-day.

morebroccoli
04-20-2009, 07:45 PM
I just wish they'd bring back the zip-eh-dee-doo-dah-tip-for-the-day.

that's what I keep sayin! they neeevvveer listen to us little people.

deedeenmickey
04-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with Stacy. I like her for about the first 4 times I hear the spiel. After that her voice is like nails down a chalkboard. Just my opinion there is that little power button.:mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
04-20-2009, 10:10 PM
"The tribal ryhthm was like unhh, all in my butt"

Actually, Not to be picky :secret: but she says "the tribal rhythm it was all like um, in my blood" Not butt :D
I have seen it a million times and I even have it on my ipod so I have pretty much every line memorized! :blush: HAHA
Sorry I just had to point that out :) :balloon:

Darbylew
04-20-2009, 10:48 PM
I will look forward to seeing the change. We
are going back in November so we will have to
look and see the change. Thanks for the tip.
:mickey::thumbsup:
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP MARCH 2009 :)
NEXT TRIP NOVEMBER 2009 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN

big blue and hairy
04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Actually, Not to be picky :secret: but she says "the tribal rhythm it was all like um, in my blood" Not butt :D
I have seen it a million times and I even have it on my ipod so I have pretty much every line memorized! :blush: HAHA
Sorry I just had to point that out :) :balloon:Although, I must say, Shorty's version is funnier...:D

#1donaldfan
04-21-2009, 12:21 PM
YEAH !!!!

She's a great wake up each morning.....
...it means we've "arrived"....

Septbride2002
04-21-2009, 04:43 PM
:) Looking forward to seeing the new version. I love watching resort TV. Last trip my daughter ruled the TV - but this trip we'll have a 1 bedroom suite so I'll get my Stacey time on one tv while she watches movies on the other TV.

~Amanda

DisneyPrincess21
04-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Although, I must say, Shorty's version is funnier...:D

:laughing: :yes:

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
04-22-2009, 03:54 PM
"Water powered wedgies are free with admission"

Wonder if they kept that one??

cinderella crazy
04-23-2009, 09:46 AM