PDA

View Full Version : Which ride will you miss more?

TikiGoddess
04-10-2009, 08:19 PM
As you know, both the TTA and Space Mountain will be down for some time this summer. Which one will you miss more?

:)
Kathy

KatrinaJ91
04-10-2009, 09:22 PM
My hubby and I LOVE to just sit on the "PeopleMover" (we still call it that) after walking around the park all day and just watch the world go by! It's very relaxing! :blush:

morebroccoli
04-10-2009, 09:29 PM
oooh i hope the TTA will be back up and running in late september. i mean i have almost postponed trips due to splash mountain being down in the past, but i would downright cancel the entire thing if the TTA were down. that is my favorite thing in the magic kingdom.

Kairi_7378
04-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Space Mountain was the first coaster I rode... have to pick it for sentimental reasons although I love them both.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't do Space Mountain, but will MISS TTA!
That's our cool down, put your feet up, snooze and just gaze all around ride! It's tradition! I don't think we've ever not done it!:(

marylynne95
04-11-2009, 01:11 AM
I love them both and will miss them both!!

AmandaChan
04-11-2009, 01:57 AM
I had to pick Space Mountain because we've honestly never actually rode the TTA. When is it supposed to close?

dmosher
04-11-2009, 02:01 AM
While I know SM will be down for our trip in Sept-Oct, I am hoping TTA will be up and running as for some reason this is one of my favorite MK attractions. Everyone has their "must do" to feel like you are finally in WDW and TTA is it for me. Here's hoping it will work out!
:pipes:
D

DawsonAR
04-11-2009, 08:02 AM
We love the TTA!

GrmGrninGost
04-11-2009, 08:05 AM
TTA for me! What a great ride! No lines! Relaxing! Great view! What more could I ask for? :mickey:

TheVBs
04-11-2009, 08:31 AM
TTA. :( I have to admit we only rode this for the first time on our last visit, but I'm so disappointed we won't be able to ride it this time.

Charlee
04-11-2009, 08:58 AM
This may make me sound like an old lady rather than the 21 year thrill seeker I am but I will miss the TTA so much more than Space Mountain.
I love the TTA, sitting, relaxing, cooling down and its especially great on a night when you can watch Spectromagic as you whizz around. I always go on it multiple times each trip wheresas Space Mountain is once as I always end up jerked about on so much that I come off bruised. I can't wait for the refurb and then I might enjoy Space Mountain more!
I will really miss the TTA in June :(

Dopey's Girl
04-11-2009, 08:58 AM
I love SM, but voted for TTA. I'm so sad that we will have to take a trip with out our tried and true rest stop. My family loves the TTA. It's a great spot to sit and cool off.

kathiep
04-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Without a doubt, TTA.

We love this ride. Perfect for some down time. I'm putting off telling my kids as long as possible - they'll be heartbroken.

ryca1dreams
04-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah, even though I'm a old RYCA1 lover, I put TTA because everywhere in Tomorrowland you can hear and see the TTA overhead. I have it in most of my home videos. Oh well.

javamama
04-11-2009, 10:30 AM
SM, just because we were going to let ds ride it for the first time this trip, but TTA is always an oldie but goodie too:thumbsup:

c&d
04-11-2009, 10:50 AM
TTA it's my sit down, relax and watch the world go by time when I'm at MK.

amd780
04-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Definitely the TTA. I love relaxing on it while getting a view of Tomorrowland. I hope that it's up and running when I go in September! :mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
04-11-2009, 11:12 AM
We arrive September 24, I HOPE TTA is back up and running! Thats our napping, relaxing place...

DANAM
04-11-2009, 11:33 AM
My kids love the TTA! we rode it 6 time last trip. Hopefully it' stays on shedule and open in December!

Daddy Mouse
04-11-2009, 11:35 AM
They'll both be down while we're down there. I'll miss TTA more than SM. It was relaxing with virtually no wait to get on. If the seats were more comfortable I could fall asleep.

I like SM but it is slow as coasters go and a great deal of updating was an needed.

handmaidenofprincesses
04-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I love the TTA! It's sort of silly, but I like riding on it through Tomorrowland and listening to the spiel that goes with it. I just love the ambiance of it. It's kind of fun to pretend to be a citizen of Tomorrowland travelling home or something... idk I'm a dork ;)

dancin Disney style
04-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm really surprised to see that the TTA is ahead at 70%.

We do enjoy the TTA though, it's great to catch at breeze. Also a nice rest if you go around a few times.

Daisy'sMom
04-11-2009, 05:35 PM
TTA plays a huge part in our trips to Disney. It is one of the first things we do and usually the last if we are MK. :mickey:

tinkerddeedee
04-11-2009, 06:04 PM
This is so upsetting to me!!! TTC is one of my favs! I know that sometimes these rides HAVE to close down, but darn! We are going in May and I was looking forward to this:sadwave::crying::fit::down::pout:

stitch34
04-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I love them both and will miss them both!!

Me too! I love Space Mountain, but I also love taking a peaceful ride on the Peoplemover. It's so relaxing:cloud9:

JRocker
04-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Our whole family loves the People Mover. Like everyone else here, this is our favorite vegetating spot.
My wife and I were just talking about it would be awesome if it wound its way around the whole park.:thumbsup:
I know the train circles the park, but you have to wait on it. I don't think I have ever had to wait to get on the People Mover.

We'll miss Space Mountain too, but the line is longer than the ride...not so with the people mover.

MickeyMousse
04-11-2009, 08:12 PM
We always look forward to relaxing on the Peoplemover......:thumbsup:

thejens
04-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Actually, I am very disappointed President Obama will not be in the Hall of Presidents in time for our visit!

I picked TTA because our whole family enjoys that one together. It brings back memories of once while we were at the end of the ride and my son said to one of the oncoming cars beginning the ride "watch out for the big drop ahead!" They gasped and looked about anxiously. For some reason this made us all hysterical for the rest of the evening.

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2009, 08:43 PM
I love 'em both but I will really miss the TTA :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
I had to vote Space Mountain because it's a classic. Though I will miss the "people mover." It is such a relaxing ride!! :(

TikiGoddess
04-11-2009, 10:33 PM
For those of you wondering, Disney says that the TTA will be closed from April 19 - August 24. Subject to change, of course.

Kathy

kemps@wdw
04-11-2009, 10:37 PM
The "People Mover" is ,IMHO, one of the best things about the MK. Espcially @ night! :thumbsup:

morebroccoli
04-11-2009, 10:41 PM
For those of you wondering, Disney says that the TTA will be closed from April 19 - August 24. Subject to change, of course.

Kathy

yay thank you for posting this info! looks like i wont have to cancel my trip after all (j/k but man would it be a bummer if it was still down in late sept) hopefully it wont be subject to change!

brad192
04-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Hi Kathy! Hope things are wonderful with you & yours...

Even though things are up in the air for a future visit to WDW, (layoff, job hunting, etc.) I have to comment on the Space Mountain/TTA "refit".

I am not a coaster person. Period. But I ride Space Mountain every time I'm at WDW. I hate it...&...love it. I rode it for the first time with my familly back when it was in "ride at your own risk", when they were tweaking the ride to get it just right. Thought I was gonna die...

That being said...

I certainly would miss TTA more than Space Mountain. It has a much more common apppeal, with a wonderful, laid back, experience, reflective of what Walt would have for this type of attraction. Entertaining, yet informative.

Ya Know, Mr. Disney got it right. Too bad the "powers that be" don't unduerstand that.

i'm grumpy
04-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I like SM but it is a bit too wild and everyone can ride TTA.

trennedy
04-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I am glad that Space Mountain is being refurbished. It really needed it, but it has always been a favorite ride for both my of my kids. We look forward to it every time we are at Disney. I do enjoy relaxing on TTA though.

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Have to vote for TTA. I don't know what we're going to do without the oh-so-familiar 'Now approaching....'

Plus, the entire family isn't SM fans so I hate to have that much fun while they're waiting for me! Well, not so much!

:coaster:

cheshirecollector
04-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I voted for TTA, but my favorite part of TTA is the ride through Space Mountain. If just the coaster was down and not the other ride, it still wouldn't be the same for me.

dumbo ears
04-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Ill miss Space mountain more but I do love tta. Its really cool to see all the support for tta in this comp.

Mousemates
04-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I love the TTA...but as a break, not an attraction. SM is one of the rides that gets us to come, TTA is something we do because we are already there.

Insanity Clause
04-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Definately Space Mountain. I have always wanted to go on this one and when we were there in 2001, which was my first trip there I was five months pregnant with my son and was cautioned against riding any thrill type rides to I didn't and I had myself all psyched up to go on in this year and then I find that it closes for refurb the day before we get there.

Oh, well, I guess this just means we will have to go back again when it opens. We are already planning another trip for Dec 2010!

Villains0501
04-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Space Mtn. is a CLASSIC!!!!

SandmanGStefani24
04-13-2009, 12:37 AM
i will miss SM much more, since I love it so much, but I am very glad the TTA will be open when I take my nephew and In Laws for their 1st time. That ride is so much more about being in the moment and taking time to relax and take it all in. It means so much to everyone, and more so because since it's not a thrill ride, everyone can enjoy it.

tjstrike
04-14-2009, 03:09 AM
TTA all the way, SM was in desperate need of a refurb.

dmosher
04-14-2009, 04:32 AM
TTA all the way, SM was in desperate need of a refurb.

I just wish it would be done to the DL specs!
D

Love of Disney
04-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Spacemountain!!
:cool:

KAT1811
04-14-2009, 07:25 AM
This may make me sound like an old lady rather than the 21 year thrill seeker I am but I will miss the TTA so much more than Space Mountain.
I love the TTA, sitting, relaxing, cooling down and its especially great on a night when you can watch Spectromagic as you whizz around. I always go on it multiple times each trip . . .

I know exactly what you mean. At 32 I LOVE coasters and anything that will flip me upside down or rattle me up but. . . there is nothing better than relaxing with the kids on the TTA, just taking a break from all the madness. Hopefully the TTA will be back up and running for our November vacation. We quite often just stay on and ride multiple times!

2lilboys
04-14-2009, 07:26 AM
My twins loved TTA on their first trip last year....it was a great "cool down" ride and something the whole family could go on together. We will miss it when we are there in a few weeks.

Disnamic Duo
04-14-2009, 08:51 AM
I can't believe people like TTA more than SM; that's really surprising. We like TTA, but it's something we do because it's there. It's nice to relax on too.

BUT, SM is one of the main reasons to go to MK. It's a classic ride, it's fun and exciting. I'm glad to see it get a refurb - I think it needs it.

Unfortunately, I think we'll JUST miss it this year. It's scheduled to open back up on the day we leave, and there's no way we'll delay our trip a week (Thanksgiving week)! Hopefully we can get on in a soft opening.:fingers:

beksy
04-14-2009, 09:21 AM
I had to go with TTA since it is so relaxing and there is never a line. We love it at night after a long day to just sit back and relax.

laprana
04-14-2009, 09:40 AM
I'll definitely miss TTA the most! It will be down during our upcoming May trip, and our visits to MK just won't be the same without riding it! We love to hop on the TTA, especially at night, for a nice relaxing ride. It's a great way to rest our feet for a few minutes!

dmosher
04-15-2009, 06:17 AM
It;s funny that TTA is usually pretty quiet whenever we ride it, day or night and yet SO many people will miss it. That just sounds weird to me. Amazing, because it is one of my favorite MK attractions, but weird for some reason.
D

SFTrny
04-15-2009, 07:16 AM
TTA...definitely.

castlelady36
04-15-2009, 09:19 AM
I just read yesterday TTA was not going to open for our trip!! I love this "ride". Great time to relax while seeing some cool sites....I know my girls will be sad too....odd they are doing it during the summer???? Why not during the off season?

johnO
04-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Sm

crltkcagle
04-15-2009, 10:02 AM
:sob::cry::sad: BOTH!!!

DizNee143
04-15-2009, 12:08 PM
TTA!!! i could careless about SM..lol..
and i am soooo happy to see from the poll that it will be more miss than SM!! thats awesome! :mickey:

caryrae
04-15-2009, 04:35 PM
I choose SM since we are going the end of Sept and TTA is suppose to re-open about August 24. I love both a lot and never miss either one but I guess this trip we will be missing SM.

dmosher
04-16-2009, 06:15 AM
I choose SM since we are going the end of Sept and TTA is suppose to re-open about August 24.

I am going around this time as well and was very happy to hear the news. I probably wouldn't do SM this trip anyway, so no loss there. We are stopping by DL on the way back to new Zealand; maybe we will do SM there for fun!
D

Polynesian Dweller
04-16-2009, 12:33 PM
It;s funny that TTA is usually pretty quiet whenever we ride it, day or night and yet SO many people will miss it. That just sounds weird to me.

I'm with you on that one. Very surprised to see the sizeable difference considering it doesn't matter when we are in MK the ride is so very empty. Car after car goes by without anyone in it and then a car with two or three, followed by more empty cars.

Yes we really enjoy it too but the difference in this poll does seem a bit odd.

twinboyz
04-16-2009, 12:38 PM
I think Space Mountain should be higher in the poll..but I have to admit... I picked TTA! I love to take a seat and enjoy the airconditioning. It's a nice break.:mickey:

SFTrny
04-16-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm with you on that one. Very surprised to see the sizeable difference considering it doesn't matter when we are in MK the ride is so very empty. Car after car goes by without anyone in it and then a car with two or three, followed by more empty cars.

Yes we really enjoy it too but the difference in this poll does seem a bit odd.

I thought I was going to be the weird one voting for TTA, but wow! It might be that TTA has a higher time capacity than SM and that is why is always seems more vacant. By hour, TTA might transport more people than SM. OR...maybe the people voting on the boards are all old like me and the adrenaline crowd is represented? :mickey:

cjdami
04-16-2009, 05:06 PM
As much as I love Space Mtn, I think I love TTA more! There's something relaxing about just tooling about Tomorrowland in the cars! I'm son glad they will both be back up a running when we hade back down at Christmas!!

goofy78
04-17-2009, 01:31 AM
TTA definitely got my vote! I like Space Mountain but it just doesn't have the same appeal to me as it did when I was a kid.

prime80
04-17-2009, 01:42 AM
TTA all the way. SM is ok, but I love chillin' on the TTA when it's hot. Plus, there are several roller coasters at WDW, but there's only 1 TTA. :number1:

Adambomb85
04-17-2009, 09:02 AM
I guess I am just very surprised how much people will miss TTA...I never much cared for it, but am truly going to miss Space Mountain in June - holds such memories for me!

dreamfinder55
04-17-2009, 10:18 AM
TTA... not so much for me, but for my DD3 who just absolutely loves the ride.

davark
04-17-2009, 10:33 AM
It's the People Mover for me too. I first rode this in the '60's at Disneyland. It was too cool to be elevated look around. I can still see the "old" Tomorrowland" in my mind. Also neat was the Goodyear escalator that was just a ramp, no stairs.

AdventurerKim
04-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Riding TTA is always good for relation and for a ride when waiting for a fast pass to come up. In June, we'll have to do something else. :(

iluvdumbo
04-18-2009, 10:04 PM
I like both of these rides evenly, but I would probably have to say that i would miss People Mover the most!!

animalkingdomguy
04-20-2009, 10:10 AM
With Space Mountain not knowing when the twists, turns and dips will occur really tortures my old back. Everytime I ride SM I feel like I just got a unlicensed massage from a herd of wilde beasts.

CuteAsMinnie
04-20-2009, 01:04 PM
:mickey:Well, if the people mover will be down this summer, I guess we will just have to change our plans. No way can we survive w/o an afternoon break on the TTA!!!!!!!:(

Pagan
04-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Space Mountain....by far.

Stich8818
04-20-2009, 05:13 PM
I have to go with the TTA. Space Mountain is cool..But for me I love the lengthy rides at WDW.

5togetherWDW
04-20-2009, 10:08 PM
I know exactly what you mean. At 32 I LOVE coasters and anything that will flip me upside down or rattle me up but. . . there is nothing better than relaxing with the kids on the TTA, just taking a break from all the madness. Hopefully the TTA will be back up and running for our November vacation. We quite often just stay on and ride multiple times!

While Space Mountain is great, it is a once or twice each trip attraction for our family. The TTA -- we go on over and over. Just wish they could add an elevator / wheelchair car to it !! Mom would adore it, too.

RAIDER
04-21-2009, 07:31 AM
TTA .I love that ride its such a relaxing one to chill out and take in the atmosphere . Its such an under rated one :thumbsup:

Mickey91
04-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Thought about taking an impromtu trip over the summer for a couple of days and realized the TTA would be out. Decided against the trip. Just can't go without it!!

mainemajor
04-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I find Space Mt very uncomfortable and have chosen not to ride the last two trips to the world. This is sad because I love the queue for it.
TTA is a very relaxing trip. A way to unwind while still moving around the park. Often they will allow you to stay on for a couple of loops, we will miss this on our next trip as it will be down for maintance:sob:

cinderella crazy
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
:fit::cry::sob:
I will miss the TTA while we're there. It's one of our favorites.