PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan question?

momof3+twins
04-10-2009, 04:50 PM
My son is 8 and is still considered a child in the dining plan. Problem is that he is a picky eater and doesn't like some of the counter service options that I am seeing in the menus. Do you think I could buy him an adult option at counter service or is there a way that disney tracks how many kids and adult options? I don't want to give up my adult meals so that he can have an adult option off the menu. So, are the credits just credits or are the separated as kids and adult credits? Hope this makes sense!!

Strmchsr
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
The credits are meant to be kids and adults. If he's picky you might speak with the CS folks about different options. I'm sure they're used to picky kids and will work something with you.

Mom2threeboys
04-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi! The credits are separated into child and adult, so you will have to order off the child's menu for him. My kids had a hard time with the limited choices, also, but we made sure we looked around and ate where they would be able to get something they were happy with, too. :mickey:

Figment!
04-10-2009, 06:41 PM
So, are the credits just credits or are the separated as kids and adult credits?

As stated above, the credits you have purchased for your child must be used for a Children's Meal.

The only exception is if there is no Children's menu available at the location, then Child's credits can be redeemed for any menu item.

The following locations have not recently offered a Children's Menu and may be a good choice for your family to use their Counter Service credits:

Casey's Corner
Main Street Bakery
Pete's Doggone Good Dogs
Sommerfest
Toluca Turkey Legs
Yorkshire County Fish Shop

... is there a way that disney tracks how many kids and adult options? In compliance with the Cheating the System Clause of the INTERCOT Terms of Service, we do not permit discussion on how Disney enforces rules.

Please refer to the answers provide above as how to best meet your family's needs per the Disney Dining Plan policies.

Tinkerbellaella
04-11-2009, 02:20 AM
On our last trip we found this to be a problem for us as well. Our daughter did not need an adult portion, she needed the adult options. Not every child wants pb&j, chicken nuggets, or mac n cheese for every meal for the whole entire stay. What we did was really look over the menus they have posted on intercot and picked our restaurants based on the kids menu (at least had a plan)

kathiep
04-11-2009, 10:02 AM
We find that the scheduling some buffets works well for this. My kids get tired of the nugget / mac & cheese rotation as well. So we always try to schedule in a few buffets so the can have more of a selection.

momof3+twins
04-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks for all the great replys. This age is hard for kids when they are so limited with pbjs and chicken nuggets. They start having grown up tastes in food BUT can't eat enough to make paying adult price worth it. So, thank you again to all the wonderful replys.

cheeky monkey
04-14-2009, 09:33 AM
We just got back and I found the CM working at the CS locations to be very helpful. They were very kind and let us make several substitutions with our CS kids meals.