PDA

View Full Version : Narcoossee or Yachtsman for not huge seafood fans?

Disnamic Duo
04-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone,
We like trying new restaurants when we go to WDW. I'm beginning to plan this year's trip, and these are a couple places we've talked about. We're not huge seafood fans - we like fish, but no shellfish. We like most meats. Atmosphere is important also. Which of these two would you recommend for us? Or do you have another suggestion (something in the same category)?
Thanks.

DebK
04-10-2009, 04:32 PM
We love the Yachtsman and eat there every trip......:thumbsup:

Guinness
04-11-2009, 10:34 PM
I don't think that you can go wrong with either choice. Both have very good food. The Yachtsman is more traditional steakhouse atmosphere while Narcoossee's has the added fun of being a viewing spot for the fireworks and the water pageant. This can sometimes be distracting though as it interrupts the meal somewhat and people move around to get a better view, so it may not be ideal if you are looking for a laid-back meal. Since Narcoossee's is more of a seafood place and Yachtsman is clearly a steakhouse, this may play into your plans, however there will be plenty of good choices at both locations.

TheDuckRocks
04-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Here's a break down number wise on entree selections for each.
Narcoosee's - 7 fish, 1 beef, 1 chicken, 1 lamb, 1 vegetable
Yachtsman's - 1 fish, 5 beef, 1 chicken, 1 lamb, 1 vegetable
We love both places and I'm not a big fish fan but always find wonderful food at both.

ibrowse17
04-12-2009, 09:36 AM
We really enjoy both, but if seafood is not your thing, I would suggest the Yatchsman as well.:thumbsup:

WishingStar2006
04-12-2009, 08:07 PM
We were disappointed in the Yachtsman..tables close together and not really worth the 2TS. Plus, it's not that convenient to get to if you're not staying in that area.

We love Narcosees and go every visit. They have both fish and meat and the atmosphere is very nice.

SBETigg
04-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Narcoossee's is amazing. Really lovely setting and atmosphere. If you like fish, most of the meals are really delicious fish (not shellfish, though there are some choices). And the non-fish choices are pretty excellent, too. My daughter got the chicken and it was the best chicken dish I've had, so delicious! I don't usually order chicken when I'm out for dinner, but I would order that.

Yachtsman isn't even the best steakhouse on property according to most steak fans. The more recommended steakhouse on property is Shula's at the Dolphin. But I'm sure Yachtsman would be a good choice for true beef lovers (though the filet at Narcoossee's is pretty good, too). You can study the menus at Info Central and see what you might truly prefer.

Disnamic Duo
04-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks for all the info and opinions. I'd say, at this point, we're leaning towards Narcoossee's. We've found some pictures of both, and we like the looks of the atmosphere at Narcoossee's better, and we like the views (of the castle and possibly Wishes). If the food is equal, we'll probably choose Narcoossee's.

DANAM
04-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Great thread we where debating the same two for our December trip.