PDA

View Full Version : Online ADRs? Why Not?

SorcererJim
04-10-2009, 03:42 PM
So I was thinking... we live in such an online driven world... why hasn't the ADR reservations system been moved there as well. I am sure I am not the only one that would think it would be a whole lot easier to play the "now is this time available?" game that we all play when making our ADRs? Plus, the issue of wait times and volume of calls would certainly be helped with the move to have these online as well? Has anyone heard any rumblings of this in the works?

Strmchsr
04-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Yes, this has been announced and should be coming up pretty soon, though I don't remember hearing an exact time frame. Within the next few months.

SorcererJim
04-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks Chris... sounds like it won't be in time for my "April 24th" call in date... but nice to know that it's coming for "the next time" :mickey:

PS. Looking forward to your weather reports once July gets a little closer! :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
04-10-2009, 10:55 PM
PS. Looking forward to your weather reports once July gets a little closer! :thumbsup:

Well, heck, I'll go ahead and give you your weather forecast now for July...Highs in the mid 90s, lows in the mid 70s, 30% chance of an afternoon sea breeze thunderstorm between 3 and 6 pm. How's that for service? And I'd say there's about a 98% chance I'm right. :D

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2009, 12:47 AM
The original word I read for the online ADRs was/is late spring/early summer. Still some time to go. Online would be better than the person I dealt with today for ADRs.

Hull-onian
04-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Loved the weather report, I think your accurate. LOL

PETE FROM NYC
04-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Well, heck, I'll go ahead and give you your weather forecast now for July...Highs in the mid 90s, lows in the mid 70s, 30% chance of an afternoon sea breeze thunderstorm between 3 and 6 pm. How's that for service? And I'd say there's about a 98% chance I'm right. :D

Hey Chris
I guess that your job is second assistant guesser to the deputy chief under-secretary at the weather bureau

TheRustyScupper
04-11-2009, 06:02 PM
1) They have been doing beta testing.
2) But, there are glitches to overcome.
3) Now, this is not fact, but rumors from some who "are involved".
. . . still allows people to make too many ressies, causing abuse
. . . need a way to cross-reference to limit amount of ressies per family
. . . need ability for managers to override system to insert "special" ressies

Strmchsr
04-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey Chris
I guess that your job is second assistant guesser to the deputy chief under-secretary at the weather bureau

Yeah, something like that. :D

Tinkermom
04-11-2009, 07:39 PM

Thanks Chris! We are going in July too! Your abilities just amaze me!:number1:;)

SorcererJim
04-13-2009, 11:07 PM

Wow... you are amazing! You must be getting some great "early models" :) Yeah, very familier with the "summer weather patterns"... I think you hit it right on the head... it's been a few years since we did the summer thing (got spoiled with October and December crowds)... so it should be interesting to say the least!

i'm grumpy
04-14-2009, 11:58 PM
The original word I read for the online ADRs was/is late spring/early summer. Still some time to go. Online would be better than the person I dealt with today for ADRs.

I hear ya! After 40 min on hold, sis got someone less than enthusiastic and forgot what else she wanted to ask about.

Dragongirlx
04-15-2009, 03:37 AM
I hopew this comes soon because phoning from the UK costs a fortune - especially if you are on hold forever

GoofyMom09
04-15-2009, 09:16 AM
I would love it if I could make ADRs online. However, it might be more difficult than we think. People like me who are indecisive and itching to go on their vacation might make ADRs and change them everyday. I would imagine that it would cause problems for the system. Plus, the Disney website always takes forever to do anything on it and I use the fastest Internet connections and new computers at work. I just have my doubts, that's all. But I will keep my fingers crossed!