PDA

View Full Version : Which building in POP?

FaithTrustPixieDust
04-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Some of the recent threads convinced me to book POP for this year's trip!! In looking at the resort map, I can't decide which building we would prefer. We're leaning towards the 50's or 60's buildings. I've seen conflicting opinions on whether the 50's building is close to bus or far from bus!

Our priorities in order:
1. Proximity to bus stop! Our kids often fall asleep on the bus ride home at night, so we want a SHORT distance to have to carry them from bus to room.
2. Theming and pool, however . . .
3. We don't want to be in the late night loud party zone!

:mickey:

johnO
04-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Stay away from the 80's and 90's. They're about as far away as possible.....

Tinksalot
04-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Preferred rooms are in #4 and 5 in the 60's building.

PrettyMinnie
04-10-2009, 12:08 PM
We stayed in the 50's building and it wasn't a far walk at all. BUT, we have also stayed in the far building in the 50's and it seems like much further walk after a long day in the parks, and if you are carrying small children, it probably wouldn't be the best walk.

Can't say I have stayed in the 60's building though...

Stich8818
04-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I know we were the 70's part right by the Mickey Phone. It was nice that it was close but not right on top of the main building. Plus it was quiet.

Mousemates
04-10-2009, 02:27 PM
We like the courtyard of the 60's building beyond the main pool (towards the lake)....still close, but a bit quieter than the rooms closer to the much used swimming area.

gauvin4
04-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I know we were the 70's part right by the Mickey Phone. It was nice that it was close but not right on top of the main building. Plus it was quiet.

I agree.

LudwigVonDrake
04-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Stay in the 60s building :mickey:

kakn7294
04-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Stay away from the 80's and 90's. They're about as far away as possible.....Really? We were in the '80's and I didn't think it was a bad location at all. We were on the 4th floor on the corner facing Classic Hall / Computer pool. We only had to walk across a parking lot and we were right at the bus stops or just a little further down and we were inside Everything Pop. It was much closer than our room at CSR last year - and cleaner, better maintained, and with friendlier staff.

homeschool mom
04-10-2009, 05:13 PM
We stayed in the 50s buildings the last two trips. I don't think the walk was that bad to the buses. You can figure out some short cuts in the mornings when everyone is wide awake! :mickey:

One week from today I'll be strolling in Epcot with DH! :cloud9:

dancin Disney style
04-12-2009, 11:00 AM
The closest prefered rooms to the bus stop are in the 70s. The closest to the food court is the 60s but it can be noisey if you are poolside.

I would suggest you try the 70s. The walk from there to the pool or food court is only about 2 minutes. You are also right beside the Popjets which your kids will probably love. We found it to be very quiet, which is a big deal to us.

ryca1dreams
04-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Really? We were in the '80's and I didn't think it was a bad location at all. We were on the 4th floor on the corner facing Classic Hall / Computer pool. We only had to walk across a parking lot and we were right at the bus stops or just a little further down and we were inside Everything Pop. It was much closer than our room at CSR last year - and cleaner, better maintained, and with friendlier staff.

I agree too. We were in the closer of the 80s building and it was a really short walk to the bus stop via a parking lot. Check the map. Plus the pool was nearby.