PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Donald Safari Breakfast

cmsizzlin
04-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Has anyone been to this character breakfast at AK. We are narrowing down all our ADR selections which are due soon and just wanted to know what you thought of Donalds Safari Breakfast.

Thanks

DANAM
04-10-2009, 11:44 AM
We went when it was over at Restaurantosaurus and it was wonderful. We actually did it twice over there. I have heard it is just as good at Tusher House. It's not your traditional eggs and bacon. There is a very large selection.

wdw_bound
04-10-2009, 12:04 PM
We were there in October and it is now on our must-do list for next time. Try to get an early ADR and you can get a photo in front of the Tree of Life without the crowds.

The buffet offerings are wonderful - lots of traditional foods, but a neat array of more ethnic foods as well.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

wdwfansince75
04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
The food and the character interaction we enjoyed on our last visit makes Donald's Safari Breakfast a "Must do" for our family.....While we have enjoyed Breakfastasaurus on earlier trips, we thought the food, the set up, and character interactions at the new venue were even better.

cmsizzlin
04-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Oh good, thanks everyone I really appreciate it.

LuvsTigger80
04-10-2009, 12:39 PM
it's a must do....we went at the end of January and the whole family enjoyed it. So much that it will be our first stop in ak on our next vacation:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BigRedDad
04-10-2009, 12:58 PM
We love that breakfast. It is a great character meal.

Nicki'sMom
04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I am so excited to try it!

GINNY69
04-12-2009, 01:52 PM
We ate at the Tusker House when we were there last year and I loved it.. The breakfast was really good and they have a special juice that is free of charge and it was absolutely delicious.. I had 2 glasses of the juice.. The character interaction with the children was wonderful.. The kids had a great time.. The CM's were great as well.. We are planning on eating there again in August..

PETE FROM NYC
04-13-2009, 02:50 PM
We have done the breakfastasaurus thing 2X,never been to Tusker House.With or without kids along,DW and I love any and all character breakfasts.
Another 5 wks to make our ADRs.

wdwfansince75
04-13-2009, 05:56 PM
We have done the breakfastasaurus thing 2X,never been to Tusker House.With or without kids along,DW and I love any and all character breakfasts.
Another 5 wks to make our ADRs.

Don't miss it, Pete, you will not be disappointed! Thought the setting, the character interaction, and the food were all better than the old location.

born Richmond Hill, Queens, June 20, 1941....Would never lie to a neighbor!

jensantuit
04-13-2009, 08:59 PM
This is my favorite character meal, I love the food selection there is something for everyone, the character interaction is great. We went in September 2008 and we plan on going back when we go back in September and December.

homeschool mom
04-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm going to be different. :blush: We went during free dining last fall. The food was good, and it was fun, BUT as a family, we thought the characters were way too rushed. One or two of us would go out to get food and another family member would come out and get us and tell us a character was coming and we better get back. We asked our server and she said they had to seat many more guests that morning (can't remember the exact number, but it was a lot) so they were purposely rushing the characters through. We would probably try it again, but we didn't really enjoy it. Too rushed!

3 days to anniv. trip with DH! :cloud9: