PDA

View Full Version : Can You Reserve A Spot for MK Fireworks

cmsizzlin
04-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I was wondering if there is a place where you can reserve a spot to watch the MK fireworks. I know that there is a patio style place off to the right of the castle that is reserved seating. How can you get a spot reserved there.

dixielandings
04-10-2009, 10:10 AM
The only place w/ reserved seating near the Castle is Crystal Palace but all seating is indoors. The only other places where you can watch from w/ reserved seating are 'Ohana at Poly and California Grill at Contemporary. Even then, you usually have to move from your table to get a good viewing spot. Inside the Park, you're on your own but b/c the action is up on the Castle and in the sky, most areas in Central Plaza are fine to watch from - avoid the Liberty Square side. My favorite place is the entrance to the Tomorrowland bridge.

ransam
04-10-2009, 10:18 AM
while there is no reserved spot, i can offer a suggestion....bout an hour before, just sit down on the curb on Main street with your family...then you can take turns shopping, or maybe hitting a late ride...when i go w/ my friends, we get a spot, then a couple of us run and go get dinner or something for everyone else. and we eat and people watch until the parade starts.

cmsizzlin
04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Actually there is a patio or terrace whatever you want to call it w/tables and chairs and it is closed to reserved patrons 1-hour before the fireworks. I know because we usually stand by that railing above (by the icecream store) to watch. I don't think it is a VIP section but I am not sure.

DizneyRox
04-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Reserving seating for the fireworks is easy. Find a spot and park it, don't move or you'll lose your spot.

One time I grabbed a spot on the train station around 5pm for Spectromagic. There were quite a few people getting ready to do the same. It's more a case of finder keepers than anything else.. And yes, I agree it's extreme, but necessary if you want a good spot. The train station is probably the best spot in the parks, followed by somewhere along main street, and then around the hub.

Mousemates
04-10-2009, 11:12 AM
while there is no reserved spot, i can offer a suggestion....bout an hour before, just sit down on the curb on Main street with your family...then you can take turns shopping, or maybe hitting a late ride...when i go w/ my friends, we get a spot, then a couple of us run and go get dinner or something for everyone else. and we eat and people watch until the parade starts.

I agree that this is the best way to do it...however during exceptionally busy times sometimes if you wait til one hour you might have to settle for a lesser viewing place...just kind of gauge the crowds and if your there during an attendance peak you might think about "staking your claim" a little earlier.

FaithTrustPixieDust
04-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Actually there is a patio or terrace whatever you want to call it w/tables and chairs and it is closed to reserved patrons 1-hour before the fireworks. I know because we usually stand by that railing above (by the icecream store) to watch. I don't think it is a VIP section but I am not sure.

What's this all about? Anybody know more info?

DizneyRox
04-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I used to know what that reserved seating area was, but it escapes me. Might be a AAA or a Grand Gathering type area. AAA meaning those that book through AAA, not just AAA members.

I'm sure someone around these parts knows for sure.

cmsizzlin
04-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I have been there the last 2 years and this section is always reserved although the tables are never all filled. So I was wondering on who gets to reserve them because I would like to do that.

TheRustyScupper
04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
1) Yes.
2) Just
. . . call TheRustyScupperParadeReservationLine
. . . Western Union $19.95 to us
. . . wait for the reservation
. . . and wait
. . . and wait

3) Seriously, the only way to reserve is to wait in a spot along the route.
4) The reserved area is for packages or other specials.

Imagineer1981
04-10-2009, 03:08 PM
and make sure you are not too far back off the curb or make sure you are elevated. People have a tendancy to step right in front of you, and then your 2 hours of waiting are worthless because they blocked you out

handmaidenofprincesses
04-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I used to know what that reserved seating area was, but it escapes me. Might be a AAA or a Grand Gathering type area. AAA meaning those that book through AAA, not just AAA members.

I'm sure someone around these parts knows for sure.

It's not AAA. We always book trough them b/c they offer hefty discounts, and we've never been offered anything remotely similar. All they give us is tickets to storytime with Cindy's fairy godmother, a Diamond discount card, and "preferred parking" if you drive (none of which we've actually ever used).

Ian
04-11-2009, 06:57 PM
What's this all about? Anybody know more info?Well I can say two things definitely:

#1 - It definitely exists, because I've sat there. It is, in fact, on the bridge between the Castle area and Liberty Square on the left-hand side as you leave the Castle.

#2 - They let you watch the parade and fireworks from there when you won the Castle Suite during the YoaMD.

I also know that there were other people who won the seating as a giveaway during YoaMD, because I talked to a few of them.

Beyond that, I can't say for sure. I assume it's probably used for people who book VIP tours, Grand Gatherings, etc.

dmosher
04-11-2009, 07:09 PM
As much as I love the Fireworks shows in MK, I just can not see standing there for hours to get a better view. If your OK with that, no worries, but I'd rather be eating, or riding or pretty much anything than sitting on a curbside and getting run over by people with scooters and strollers just to see the fireworks. Just not my thing. I will have to look into the reserved area though, that sounds promising.
:pipes:
D

cmsizzlin
04-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Ian thank you I was beginning to wonder if I imagined that spot. I am calling WDW on Monday to actually find out what that spot is all about and who can sit/reserve seats there.

kemps@wdw
04-11-2009, 11:18 PM
I 2nd the recommendation for the station. Gotta get there early and stake your spot, but the view of Wishes is well worth it!

buzznwoodysmom
04-11-2009, 11:25 PM
As far as the fireworks go, what we've always found the best thing to do is show up right before and just stand in any open spot. Once the fireworks start everyone is standing facing the castle looking up so it really doesn't matter who is in front of you. The only problem we've had is when a parent decides to put their child on their shoulders. For the parade, I'd show up at least 30 minutes prior (depending on time of year) and have a seat on the curb. We do this and one person runs to get popcorn, drinks, or ice cream and the kids have a snack while we wait.

leighe
04-13-2009, 11:32 AM
We got seats for the parade at about 7:30 right on the curb on the right side of the hub (if you are facing the castle) last week. It wasn't that bad of a wait, actually. We were tired by then. Our youngest napped in her stroller and DH and I took turns taking DD3 to get snacks and stuff like that.

chrisb26
04-13-2009, 11:45 AM

You are right there is a spot there. I'm not positive on how its booked whether it be through guest relations or through special packages which I think it might be. However I can say this for certain its not a good spot the viewing area that is in the lower seating area near Ice Cream Plaza and the Plaza restaurant has trees blocking the view for the most part. Even if you stand all the way to the back railing of that area its still partially blocked.

I would just recommend standing on the curb and waiting 5 minutes before the fireworks the CM's let you onto the street to watch.

joonyer
04-13-2009, 12:06 PM
As far as the fireworks go, what we've always found the best thing to do is show up right before and just stand in any open spot. Once the fireworks start everyone is standing facing the castle looking up so it really doesn't matter who is in front of you. The only problem we've had is when a parent decides to put their child on their shoulders. For the parade, I'd show up at least 30 minutes prior (depending on time of year) and have a seat on the curb. We do this and one person runs to get popcorn, drinks, or ice cream and the kids have a snack while we wait.

:ditto:

I agree. For us there is no need to "reserve" or hold a spot for the fireworks. Once the show starts everyone stands up anyway, and so we just wander around in the street somewhere in front of the castle a few minutes before show time and once the lights are dimmed they allow folks to stand in the street. So voila!, there we are, right under the fireworks. We usually end up watching Wishes from right in the middle of Main Street, near Casey's (we always get a Casey's dog while waiting for the fireworks). No need to hold a spot in the street, they won't let you anyway.

Getting a front row seat/view for the parades is a little more difficult since they keep the street open for the parade. If you want a good unobstructed view for a parade you have to stake out a curb-side seat well before the parade starts. Then hope that no rude people bully their way in front of you when the parade starts.

BMan62
04-13-2009, 12:30 PM

I'm not sure what you are seeing there, but DW and I almost always use that area for watching Wishes. We get there about 15 minutes before the show and sit and feed the ducks (yes, I know we're bad people for feeding them, but DW can't be stopped!!!) while we're waiting. The right side of this area is a smoking area, so it's never blocked off.

One of the nice things about that area is that Tinkerbell flies right over top of you! One of the not so nice things is that there are a couple trees that block the view of parts of the castle.

cmsizzlin
04-13-2009, 07:28 PM
BM62 - yes you are absolutely right because I have stood on the stairs near the smoking area on the far right.