PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one...?

Ryan Towle
04-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Who finds Sigourney Weaver's animatronic in the GMR extremely creepy? There's just something about the eyes looking around nervously, and the sudden head-jerking. I don't know, all I'm saying is you'll never find one of those in MY bedroom, I'll tell ya THAT much!

SBETigg
04-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Hmm, someone protests too much? :D

Yes, a little creepy. But it fits the scene.

Venus0880
04-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Yes, she is creepy. But I think if she was all rosy and princess-y, she would seem quite out of place in that particular scene. I definitely remember being seriously terrified of the alien segment when I was younger. I hated that part of the ride. And I found no solace looking at Sigourney's character. I think that was the idea.

Stich8818
04-10-2009, 09:24 AM
To tell you honestly it's not about the creepy factor. I can do without that part of the ride but that is just me..

brownie
04-10-2009, 11:14 AM
It's never bothered me.

Villains0501
04-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I find the whole Alien segment of GMR ride creepy. It still gets me even today!

Daddy Mouse
04-10-2009, 12:34 PM
I think that it is unusual looking, but it does fit a genre in movie making.

Laughin' place
04-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Although our circumstances are different, Ryan, that's a question I have asked myself.

I am 42, recently married, and have four sone (12-16). I ahve been a huge Disney fan my whole file, and the obsession seems to be growing.

What makes me ask this question is the difference between who I am seen as (publicly), and what I am inside. I am a divorce attorney and football coach. Most people see me as a very serious, intense, scary - bulldog- cut throat lawyer - type. My wife has trouble even imagining the "lawyer me", as my game face is so different that the man she knows. She thinks Im probably the only litigator who starts his day watching Mickey Mouse CLubhouse and ends it in TIgger PJs. I love Disney, and it is one of the greatest sources of relaxation, entertainment, and joy in my life.
To all the other kids stuck in the "adult world", be proud of your life in the wonderful world of Disney, and know that we are all very lucky to have such a great place to escape to happiness and magic.

Mousemates
04-10-2009, 02:19 PM
uhhh...she's not the really creepy one in that scene ;)...creepy is the fellow who is up in the ceiling. :mickey::mickey:

IamBelle
04-10-2009, 10:10 PM
When I see her looking around in that scene, I don't see it creepy, but I do get anxious about the alien coming because that is what she is watching out for, when I see her, I know it will pop out of the cieling sooner or later!

DigitalDaredevil
04-11-2009, 12:35 AM
I like the ambiance change when you enter the very metallic looking and smelling area of Aliens. It fits the era and represents sci-fi and horror genres.

dmosher
04-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Nope I agree, while the face is similar it is just off enough and with the smooth eyes darting back and forth to creep you out.. Yes I agree completely.
:pipes:
D

handmaidenofprincesses
04-11-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't know that SHE is creepy... I think I just pick up on the tenseness (that's not a word is it?) of the scene and by the time the alien thing pops out every muscle in my body is in knots. I hate that scene it scares the living daylights outta me! And I love sci-fi, but not that... I think I'd like it better if it were a scene from Men in Black... much less scary haha

LudwigVonDrake
04-11-2009, 05:25 PM
It never bothered me.

TennesseeTink
04-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I agree...totally creeps me out. She looks the most human of all the animatronics on that ride. Plus she looks absolutely terrified, and stuff is dripping, and the alarms are going off. The whole scene sets a creepy mood. LOVE IT!