PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe?

svarhall07
04-09-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm doing GFC with my grandmother for breakfast on the last day of our trip. I haven't heard any reviews about this. I would like to know the good or the bad. The photos look beautiful online, is it really this beautiful? Thanks!

JPL
04-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Actually I haven't been here in about 10 years. The one time I did eat there was for dinner and it was perhaps the worst dining experience I ever had at WDW. The wait staff was rude and unattentive and the food was mediocre at best. We actually had to talk to the manager 3 times during our meal just to get our drinks which we never received. The manager seemed not care and I guess it trickled down to the wait staff.

Friend of Figment
04-09-2009, 11:50 PM
We had dinner there 2 weeks ago. It was delicious and we had very good service. I've never had a bad meal there.

GoofyforFun
04-10-2009, 07:11 AM
There are some good reviews out on the internet, look for readers' reviews. You'll always get mixed reviews.

DVC Mike
04-10-2009, 07:15 AM
We've eaten there several times over the past few years. It's a nice place. This past year, I noticed the service wasn't as good as before.

7swans
04-10-2009, 08:48 AM
We ate dinner there on Christmas day 2006, the meal took almost 3 hours! Some of the food we ate was excellent, some was awful, I had a pork loin special that was really bad. The pasta w/ prosciutto & peas was delicious. The service was freindly, when we saw our waiter, but he was nowhere to be found most of the time. We waited for our check forever. This is the only WDW restaurant that we have vowed never to return to.

SBETigg
04-10-2009, 09:47 AM
For breakfast and lunch, it's excellent. One of the best, in our opinion, and not usually crowded or hard to get a seating. It is lovely inside. I've only had excellent service every time we've been. It should be the perfect choice for breakfast with a grandmother, I think. Lobster eggs benedict, yum.

Jeff, I thought the GFC only started serving dinner about three years ago. Prior to that, it was only breakfast and lunch. Are you sure you're thinking of the right place? The right meal? Or maybe I'm confused.

Nicki'sMom
04-10-2009, 08:34 PM
We were there Sept 07 for dinner when 1900 Park Fare was being renovated and they moved dinner with Cinderella over to GFC. It was the best meal we had all week. My DD 3 1/2 at the time and I had salmon, and my dh had chicken. Service was great and I had a great glass of wine. I'd go there again in a minute.

JPL
04-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Jeff, I thought the GFC only started serving dinner about three years ago. Prior to that, it was only breakfast and lunch. Are you sure you're thinking of the right place? The right meal? Or maybe I'm confused.

Quite sure it was right before a MVMCP. It was back in 1998. It was recommended to us by a CM since we didn't have ADRs that night and needed a place to go when they cleared out the park and wanted some place close. It's on my list of places it would take a miracle or at least a free meal to get me back to ;)

pox24
04-12-2009, 08:44 AM
One of the best kept secrets of WDW dining. Never loud, food great, great location good service. bet we've eaten there 20 times at all times and never was disappointed.:thumbsup: