PDA

View Full Version : 1st time going to Boma

shev
04-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Going to Boma for the first time in 19 days-Yaaa. Would like any suggestions people might have because I like my food pretty plain.:)

baby minnie's mommy
04-09-2009, 03:21 PM
1. Walk along the buffet first and scout for foods you want.
2. Take bite-size portions to try. You can always go back for more, and the food may taste better than you think. Even if you don't like hummus at home, for instance, you may find the hummus at Boma more delectable.
3. Don't be afraid to eat from the "kids" selection. It's not roped-off from adults. ;)

You can't see the animals from Boma, so be sure to have time before or after your meal to view them.

megustamex
04-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Don't worry, there are several "plain" items that are delicious. They always have some type of prime rib or roast with sauce on the side that is really good. Also, they have some mild salad dressings that are unique and delicious (but not overly spicey). Also try the soups - some are spicy, some aren't. The potato is pretty plain but very tasty, although my personal favorite is the chicken curry (definitely has flavor). I also love the little cornmeal bread muffins - also on the plain side but really good.

DreamFinder2
04-09-2009, 05:20 PM
It's been several years, but the foods that STILL stand out were the hummus (several different types to choose from) and the soups. I remember telling my DW that I could have made a whole meal out of those two things alone!

BTW, I'm a picky eater and don't like things that are too far "out there". I didn't have any trouble finding foods at Boma :thumbsup:

MickeyandTink
04-09-2009, 06:52 PM
You might also ask for the fruit juice blend for your drink. It's a blend of 3 or 4 different tropical fruit juices. Your server might not tell you about it, so be sure to ask. DW :tink: absolutely loved it :tasty:

Hull-onian
04-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Like Emril would say, "It's kicked up a notch,". Over all experience, very good. We like to go at 5:30 p.m. There are no lines at first.

dmosher
04-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Don't worry about the "too spicy" just check the buffet and see what looks good. Be sure to ask the cooks standing there what is spicy. DW thinks Black Pepper is too spicy and she LOVED the food here, so you will be fine. Enjoy the soups and hummus.. yummy!
:pipes:
D

deedeenmickey
04-10-2009, 03:29 AM
I ate there for the 1st time in February. I would suggest getting small servings of everything that peaks your interest and then go back for the things you like. I am going back in June I really liked Boma!!!

shev
04-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Looks like the soups are a big hit with everyone. Love soup.

elmjimmlm
04-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Please let me know how it is when you get back...We are wanting to try it in Aug.:thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
04-10-2009, 12:07 PM
I agree with "baby minnie's mommy" and with the compliments for the soups. Boma is the place to try African inspired food tailored for us American Disney fans.
We are dining at Boma twice this year.

ojeilatan
04-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Our first time at Boma is on June 1st!! Hope you'll get a chance to do a dining review afterward, I'm excited to see what another first timer liked! Have a wonderful trip :mickey:

FourMsMom
04-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Try everything. Even the items with odd names or odd ingredients are terrific.

Crow
04-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Ill be there Monday. Ive eaten there before, i like spicy so its ok if there are some spicy things.
ill report on it when i get back.

Tinkerbellaella
04-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Reading the reviews here I know that I am by far the minority... I did not like Boma at all. I was looking so forward to trying this place and eating the famous Zebra Domes and I was very disappointed.

GAN
04-11-2009, 07:49 AM
At BOMA, when you say 'spicy' think flavorful NOT hot. The food is anything but plain. The spices that they use in preparing the food makes this restaurant such a great experience. As some have mentioned, try almost everything in small portions -you won't be disappointed. The soups are simply amazing(and I don't care for soup)!