PDA

View Full Version : Changing Hotels--still get deal you booked with?

mommy22princesses
04-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Okay, I posted a couple weeks ago that we are now bringing our infant which will force us to change our AKL reservation because we all fit into a room before (2 adults and 3 kids, 1 of those kids under 3) and now we exceed maximum occupancy.

My question is that since we booked the 4/3 deal, will we still get the 4/3 deal when changing to a bigger room or perhaps different resort??

Also what are the chances if I wait until we get there to tell them about the infant, that we'll be able to get a bigger room as a free or reduced upgrade?

I'm just trying to budget how much money this change will bring and if it would just be more cost efficient to stay offsite or at a different deluxe resort.

I apologize if this question has been asked before!!

Strmchsr
04-09-2009, 01:57 PM
They will allow you to upgrade the room if there is space available and you pay the upcharge fee (the chance of "free" upgrade is very, very slim. Almost none when you're asking for it). The only catch is whether there are rooms available with the 4/3 promotion. Only a certain number of rooms were set aside with that promotion and if none are left then it might cost you a lot more money to upgrade. Your best bet is to check with Disney or Magical Journeys or whoever you booked with and see what your options are ASAP.

DizneyRox
04-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Agree with above. DO NOT just show up with another in the party. It's very possible that the extra person be turned away.

Rooms are set aside to bring hotel occupancy up to a certain percentage. Once that percentage is met, there are no more rooms available at that promotion. If someone cancels, that doesn't guarantee that room gets offered back at the deal either.

You need to call and find out, be prepared to upgrade or even downgrade the hotel. For example, it may be necessary to move to the Grand to get the 4/3 deal, it may even mean going to a value. Whatever still has availability...

Also don't discount the fact you may lose the 4/3 deal. It may be better to switch to an AP discount, or something else and still save money.

TammiMcMan
04-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Instead of talking to CRO again, I would call and ask to speak with guest services. The sooner you do that, the higher the chances that you can find a larger room with the 4/3 deal. If you wait and tell them upon arrival, it's almost guaranteed that you'd have to pay rack rate for whatever room they're able to move you to.