PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me About Rainforest Cafe

PETE FROM NYC
04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Finally got DW to peruse the menu pages.Now she wants to try rainforest.
What can anyone tell me about the dining experience, besides the menu.

lockedoutlogic
04-09-2009, 12:44 PM
The food is good (typically)....but it is highly overpriced at WDW

I like it well enough....but since there are two of them in New Jersey....it wouldn't be on my vacation wishlist

Leighler
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Neat theme if you've never been. Decent food but maybe nothing to rave about. I guess I'm not a huge fan because it is a chain and I like to eat places that are different.

JPL
04-09-2009, 12:55 PM
The food is good and theming is really fun. I would equate the food to your local chain restaurant ie Fridays, Applebees, etc.

As for the theming you eat amongst the Rainforest animals and about every 20 minutes there is a Thunderstorm and the animals react to it by moving and making noise. The 2 main rooms are the Gorilla Room and the Elephant Room. There are also large salt water aquariums around the restaurant.

MMFreak
04-09-2009, 12:57 PM
The food is frozen menu food (like any other chain) over all but it is ok. The atmosphere is great and fun. My family loves this place just for the atmosphere but we just stop for apps or a quick bite. We reserve our big meals for the restuarants with the really good food. I live in NJ too so whenever we go to AC we can grab a bite if we want.

JPL
04-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Pete

I forgot to add if you want to try it out before you hit WDW there is one at the Menlo Park Mall in NJ which really isn't that far from NYC:thumbsup:

lockedoutlogic
04-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Pete

I forgot to add if you want to try it out before you hit WDW there is one at the Menlo Park Mall in NJ which really isn't that far from NYC:thumbsup:

way to far from queens when you're only getting rainforest at the end of the drive.....

Hull-onian
04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Pete, you can go to the Rainforest Cafe for breakfast. It is excellent, right outside of Animal Kingdom. The coffee is so good and the service too. You must make ressies.

DawsonAR
04-09-2009, 07:36 PM
We have never had a bad experience there. The food is good, but not great. Our kids love the experience.

dmosher
04-09-2009, 11:07 PM
The atmosphere is interesting and unique. Many of them are different, so it's hard to describe them exactly. The ones in Disney, are nice and cool during the storm (it rains and storms inside), but it is very noisy at ALL times and the food is just OK. Not great(though the deserts were pretty good for frozen/reheat types). In short I would skip them and go to BOMA or if you really need themeing and can get a reservation, try T-Rex, I hear the food is MUCH better.
:pipes:
D

JPL
04-09-2009, 11:12 PM
way to far from queens when you're only getting rainforest at the end of the drive.....

Well it's also a pretty nice mall if they want to do some shopping lol

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-10-2009, 08:07 AM
I've seen others slam RFC, but we love it....it is a tradition for us and the one restaurant we eat at every trip...I don't know if there is a big difference in the two, but we always eat at the one in Animal Kingdom and have never tried the DTD location....Also, its not on the dining plan so we always pay out of pocket and save a TS credit for something else.:number1:

#1donaldfan
04-10-2009, 08:29 AM
....we typically stay away from eateries we can get in the "outside world"....Rain Forest is a one time shot place, once you've done it, you most likely wont go back...the food is ok, the atmosphere is fun, however not enough to bring you back for multiple visits....I'd say give it a try, see for yourself....everyone's different and maybe you'll see it much different than we do.......hey, you'll be at Disney, so you can't go too wrong....:cool:

scooterca42
04-10-2009, 02:49 PM
The food is fine, but for us it will always have a special place in our heart for the service. On par with Disney's best! We arrived tired and cranky, having had nothing much to eat since an indifferent brunch at the stopover in Atlanta, and absolutely NO coffee worthy of the name. The server seemed to sense our mood and brought us out of our funk, made a few suggestions that were excellent and made certain we were well supplied with coffee that rivalled the first cup out of a freshly made pot of Tim Hortons.

Our friends ate there on our recommendation the last time they went down and agreed that the service and the ambiance makes the place.

SBETigg
04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Mediocre food, terrible service, in my experience. Fun atmosphere.